Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 16:06

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Well, that was dumb. I couldn't figure out how to log-in. Here I am really.

Sherri
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-18, 07:15
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Sunday, 17 June 2018

Happy Day, ladies!

Wishing all of you a totally spectacular day!

Just a quick drive by!

UPDATE on Berni:
Berni made is safely to TN yesterday evening and she was spot on about the time they would arrive at their hotel! She texted me this morning around 6 am (8 am her time) and she says it's a good 10 hour trip home; so more like 12!

Sherri:
Hello & !

Are you both SherriQ and Sherri2? B/c Imma a bit confused!

In any case, welcome to the group!

De:
Just think when you get your own pool, you just have to walk out your back door!

Onward, my LC friends!
  #228   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-18, 08:03

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Happy Father's Day to all of our fathers or in memory of them.

I had bacon and eggs already this morning. Hopefully the bacon sale at my store is now over so that I can be done with bacon.

We will grill chicken and ribs later. A few of our children will be home. I get to work tonight so a nap is in my plans. It's going to get hot today.

Have a wonderful summer day, where ever this finds you!
  #229   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-18, 09:30

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Happy Father’s Day!

That’s perfect Amy...in memory of my Dad 💕 and to all the dads in my life!
We are celebrating with our son, daughter-in-law & 3 grandkids. Missing my own dad today. The pups gave their dad a card, he always enjoys that.

Amy...how many children do you have?

Jo...thanks for all the Berni updates!

Sherri...welcome! Hope you stay and post. Would like to hear your story!

Paulette...hi, hope to see you posting today!

Berni.... see you back here soon when you finish your road trip adventure!

We are meeting for lunch, so it’s just coffee until then enjoying my cup!
  #230   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-18, 09:20
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Monday, lovely Ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well this beginning of a new week!

Berni UPDATE: She made it home last night and texted me this morning, safe and sound!

She'll need a vaca from this vaca for sure with all the driving!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I still have 7 more weeks off! So looking forward to 25 July when I fly out to Phnx to spend time with my DDs!

Still sewing up a storm, but I think I've exhausted that hobby for a while. I tend to do my hobbies in cycles. And I don't sew just for the sake of sewing, KWIM?

The two hobbies that I don't cycle thru are playing guitar and reading... I do those daily.

I've been knitting that elusive baby afghan every day for several hours whilst I watch youtube vids and pedal my ass... So there's that!

Don't know why it's become an albatross around my neck, I hate when that happens. But I can't/won't move on to another knitting project until I finish this one! Eventually I'll complete it!

Anyhoo...

Celebrating my 2nd Anniversary of doing planks! Imma tickled pink that I've continued to do them and then added push-ups and wall-sits to the mix!

Maintenance Update: 4 years, 4 months, 3 weeks and counting b/c I REFUSE to REGAIN! Wt = 112 lbs this morning.

My weight fluctuates btwn 112-116 lbs with no rhyme or reason that I can tell... it is what it is! And I ain't changing my stats with the ever-changing weight since it basically averages out to 114 lbs!

Exercising and eating 100% OP = NO problems or complaints! Totally 💚 love that!

Onward, my LC friends!

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Jun-18-18 at 09:23. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #231   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-18, 18:53

BF:

Hi All

Hey Jo, congrats on your plank anniversary and all your years, months, weeks of maintenance! Yay! you keep good track of everything!

My food today: turkey, more turkey and broccoli. I’m about to make a salad with hard boiled eggs, bacon, green onion and olives for my second meal. I usually eat two meals with no snacks.

Hope everyone is doing terrific!
  #232   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 06:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Tuesday, Ladies!

Wishing all of you a terrific day in every single way possible!

De:
Quote:
Hey Jo, congrats on your plank anniversary and all your years, months, weeks of maintenance! Yay! you keep good track of everything!
Thanks, my friend! That means a lot coming from you since you know what the level of dedication and vigilance it is to stay 100% on point with our WOE/WOL every.single.day!

at "keep good track of everything" it's b/c of my OCD tendencies... what can I say, that's the way I roll!

Imma still eating tuna salad (Duke's mayo, dill pickle relish and jalapeño relish) like it's going out of style with a leafy green salad for my OMAD. And I do have my "slushy" dt. jello concoction!

I ain't sick 'n tired of tuna yet! I think it has a lot to do with it being so stinking hot out... tuna salad is soooo refreshing!

I also love it b/c OMG, open a can, dump into a bowl, add other ingredients, HOW easy can a meal be?? And clean up is a breeze!

Sure helps keep all my food related issues at bay, KWIM??

Onward, my LC friends!
  #233   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 08:01

BF:

Morning..

Going to get 2 of my grandkids today. I have a surprise for them. It’s a new blow up kiddy pool, they should enjoy that. The old one had a leak so I sprung for a new one

I’m not tired of tuna either. I would eat it much more often if it wasn’t for DH wanting more variety. I am good with simple, easy and no variety.

Happy Tuesday All....
  #234   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 12:08

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello All,

Starting to get back into routines!

I went right back to work Monday that was tough!
Today I had to take DSS to Coumadin Clinic his INR down so back to weekly spots! They say could be didn’t drink enough water in Florida!
I am also enjoying my tuna pretty much have it every day! I had one egg white Omelette on Sunday at the hotel because I was out of Tuna. My pickle relish and jalapeño relish traveled great in those plastic picnic bottles for ketchup and mustard. I used my dukes mayo also! Tomorrow I have To restock! I am enjoying just working and no grandkiddies! I spent a lot of time in pool and walking parks but when I weighed myself on Monday I was 126. I usual bounce between 123-126. So it all good!
De.... the grandkiddies are going to luv the pool. I have one and a slippery slide so they can go down it on back yard have a little dip!
Okay getting back to my things to do !
Have a terrific Tuesday and take care of yourself!
  #235   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 03:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy HUMP Day, lovely Ladies!

Hope this finds everyone doing well!

De:
I know your grands had fun in their new pool!

Yep, yep I totally understand this statement: "I am good with simple, easy and no variety." Same here as you well know!

Hey today is Wednesday, are you and RDH off on "date" day to bowl or gamble?

Berni:
So GREAT to see you back in here! We missed ya!

Sorry to hear about your DSS and his blood thinner thingy! The poor dude can't cut a break! Imma glad he was able to go to FL with you guys though!

SWEET that you are grand free for a while! You deserve the break!

Looks like we're all tuna salad fans! Woot! Woot!

Imma gonna be packing my home-made salad dressing & jalapeño relish when I fly to Phnx. I even bring my plastic salad bowl which holds my food scale! I NEVER leave home w/o it!

I hear ya on the weight bounce, but weight isn't static... we just can't beat ourselves up for the bounces... ESP since we are stickin' 100% OP so there ain't nothing MORE we can do but just accept it and move on, eh?

Me:
Staying out of trouble! Sewing like a possessed person! Working on two more totes, will post pics in my journal on their completion. Gonna work on some more water bottle covers for some of my friends as gifts...

Still playing guitar everyday and reading!

Only have 4.5 inches left to knit on that baby blue afghan... but since Imma binge watching youtube vids and pedalin' my ass as I work on it, Imma killin' two birds with one stone!

I know I sound like a broken record but Imma still going strong following my WOE.

It's really rather stress-free since I know exactly what Imma gonna eat, so NO time wasted doing that "stinkin' thinkin'" to eat carbs which was "Fat Jo's" MO!

I totally 💚 eating my OMAD w/o obsessing about food!

Onward, my LC friends!
  #236   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 15:47

BF:

Hi

Today is date day. We went to lunch and to gamble. Sometimes we go to the movies, haven’t made it to bowling yet, DH hasn’t wanted to go.

I had salad for lunch. Later on I’m cooking chicken wings

Berni... wow, I bet that was really tough going back to work on Monday. You seem to get no rest!

The kiddos really enjoyed the pool. DGS said “this is a good day!” After playing in the pool I took them to lunch at their favorite McDonalds. I took a book to read while they played and got a Diet Coke. Kids ate every bit of their food, then played on the climber with their new found friends!

Jo... I’m so glad you’re staying outta trouble it does sound like you’re keepin’ really busy! Does salad dressing & relish travel ok in your check-in luggage? I know you can’t hand carry that. Might be easier to buy it when you get there.

Having a happy Hump day all? Hope to hear from everyone!
  #237   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 06:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Friday Eve, Ladies!

Wishing all of you a totally terrific Thursday in every single way possible!

De:
Quote:
Does salad dressing & relish travel ok in your check-in luggage? I know you can’t hand carry that. Might be easier to buy it when you get there.
They both travel very well & you're right, they go with the check-in baggage!

The homemade salad dressing is just oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, s & p, and jalapeño juice. So nothing that really needs to be in the friggie.

The jalapeño relish is just jalapeño slices I put thru the food processor, another thing that really doesn't need to be refrigerated, KWIM?

Saves me the trouble/time to have to make 'em at my DDs.

I put them in good sealing containers, then put 'em in a baggie and into the plastic bowl with my food scale! Never had any problems!

And if we go out to eat, I bring my scales and salad dressing with me b/c Imma that OCD about following my WOE!
Quote:
We went to lunch and to gamble. Sometimes we go to the movies, haven’t made it to bowling yet, DH hasn’t wanted to go.
Sounds like a lovely day you spent with your RDH!

Me:
Finished 2 totes yesterday (pics in my journal), took me approximately 3.5 hrs per. That's why I don't sell my stuff! I would NOT make the $$$$ for my time, experience + supplies.

Even at minimum wage ($8.95 per hr here in NM), if I charged for my time ($31) + supplies ($10 and up) = $41.00. It ain't worth it to me to sell 'em... and bigger question, would anyone buy 'em for around $50? Don't need the $$$ that badly, KWIM?

And I have guitar students (6 this summer) that pay me $30 for 1/2 hr lessons 1 x a week.

Anyhoo...
Totally 100% OP in all aspects = eating + exercising exactly spot on! Can't ask for more than that!

Onward, my LC friends!
  #238   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 11:44

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi there Atkins buddies,

Happy first day of summer! Longest day of the year.

Sorry to miss days here. It got busy at work so I've been doing overtime.

You are amazingly consistent people. I hope to be like you some day, always within a couple pounds of goal weight.

I'm having egg salad today. It always fills me up.

My doggie's limp is improved so we went for a nice walk/run this morning.

Have a great day
  #239   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 17:17

BF:

Yikes...it’s 106 here today ...very hot! ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

I made it to the gym today. I was really dragging this morning, got there later than usual. Did my 90 mins

Came home and had chicken wings & celery. Not sure what’s later today but thinking of a spinach salad.

Amy...it’s good to see you posting. That’s great that your dog is doing better and can take walks again! Eggs salad is good! Yum.

Jo...that’s cool that your dressing & relish travel good! You have a picture of your set-up? I would have never thought to travel with that. Your totes are awesome & make very special gifts!

#240   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 04:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 22 June 2018

Happy Friday, Ladies!

Hope this finds everyone doing well!

Amy:
Good to see you, Amy!

I figured your were busy with work & fam. Sorry to hear that it's super busy at work, but they pay you extra for OT, right?
Quote:
You are amazingly consistent people. I hope to be like you some day, always within a couple pounds of goal weight.
Thanks for that! No doubt in my mind that you will reach your goal weight and maintain it!

And Imma über consistent b/c I REFUSE to REGAIN... I don't EVER, EVER, EVER wanna be "Fat Jo" again and it's totally my CHOICE.

Took me a long long time to realize that b/c Imma a slow learner and Imma a carb addict!

Awww that's so good to hear that your lil furbaby can go on walks with you again! NICE!

De:
Holy HANNAH, De! You guys are getting slammed! But then so are we! That's what we get for living in the desert!

That's awesome that you powered thru the "draggin'" to the gym thingy! Most important thing is that you DID IT!

Pic of my "set-up"? Naw... but I figured, De, it would be like taking our shampoo, conditioner, face cream, blah blah blah with us...KWIM? We don't worry overmuch about that stuff in our baggage!

I have a nice water bottle (tightly fitting, none-leaking cap) that I put my salad dressing in to travel and I'll portion out my jalapeño relish into a rubber maid container.... I only need 4 T (4 days worth) = 1/4 cup capacity.

Me:
C&Ped from my journal:
Quote:
Gosh, the days are flying by. Not complaining! I've been keeping über busy playing guitar, knitting, reading and sewing. All my favorite pastimes. It's amazing what I can accomplish since I can't stand just vegging in front of the TV...

Decided I'd go to Phnx bearing gifts ~ Imma making water bottle holders for my two DDs and my SIL:

Came up with a water bottle holder idea for my adorable SIL. He's into Captain American. So I made an appliqué of the Captain America shield that I will then appliqué on the body of the water bottle fabric... was super fun creating the appliqué! I'll post pics when it's completed!

Really close to completing the baby blue knitted afghan. I just have to complete 6 rows and c'est FINI!

I finished book 3 "Falling Stars" by Tim Tigner. I highly recommend it if you're into political thrillers a la Tom Clancy...

I started "Body Reader" by Anne Frasier, a mystery thriller... OMG Imma only a few chapters into it, but it's a page turner for sure!

Called into the automated Jury Duty line last night, I have to report to jury duty this morning... Almost the end of the month and I've only had to report in once (today), not too shabby...

Still have to call in Monday night and that will end the month of June. Then I call in next Friday night to see if I have jury duty on 2 July.

Imma glad I did my yard work (mowing, weeding) yesterday early b/c it was stinky HOT later in the day!

And my cacti are about to bloom again! Imma so jazzed! Really doesn't take much to make me happy! Yeah, I'll post pics in my journal b/c I can!

WOW, Imma all over the place today in my writing! Oh well that's how my brain is working this morning!

WOE/WOL Front:

SOSAD and totally 💚 that!

Onward, my LC friends!