Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2371   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 09:07

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Nic- I re-read your lovely post. Thank you for taking the time to write it!!!!!!! It sounds beautiful. I think Central Park would be beautiful in the fall! I think your deciding to make it a yearly thing is awesome! So cool you are so close. I would need to book a flight and just fly in. I am assuming that NYC has a train from the airport to the hub- and then take a train from there. Atlanta does have that. They have the GOLD LINE- that goes directly from the airport to the suburbs and the central hub downtown. It is the way to go. The traffic and parking at the Airport is a nightmare.

When I flew out to Minnesota I took the Gold Line into the airport- SO easy. They were alot of people on the train with luggage, and computer bags. It was actually a fun way to travel. No baggage of a car. I might need to think about when I want to go. Maybe I can talk the BOY into going too.

Blue- so happy you are getting into the shake mode again. I really think shakes are a GREAt kick start to weight loss. As a matter of fact- did you know that when people decide to get Gastric Bypass they have to have shakes for a month prior.
They are put on a all liquid diet- of high protein/ fat shakes. First- they drop weight fast, second their stomach shrinks in prep for the sleeve.
So my thinking is- it's is a great jump start without the gut cut.
I just wish I could find one that works for me. This dairy issue is really a mess for me. Most shakes either have sweetener or Whey. I can't have either without a....... well lets just say It is a colon cleanse for me!

How is the house coming along? How is your weekend?

LORI- I smile when I think about you and your sister! So awesome you have a sister bond! I always wanted a sister! You are blessed!
Oh- I ask you about the vinegar in the morning. Are you still doing it? Tell your sister how AWESOME she will feel!!!!!

TRIG- Sorry you are in a bad mood! I SURE get the frustration of computer and technical issues. I DO NOT DO WELL with those either. I seriously want a bigger TV- and surround sound for my GIRL CAVE- but have no idea how to hook anything up. I also want to take down this old chandelier- I need a handy man. I am seriously thinking of hiring one to help me with shit like that.
I hope you get your stuff up and humming along.
It's like my frustration I had with my car. DEAD- I don't care how it works- I just know it bleed my 4 grand and still didn't work. YEA still bitter!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA- get ya gal!
--------------------------------------------------------
I am waking up very slowly and loving my lazy morning. I pup got me up with kisses at 9:15- She was DONE waiting! My alarm goes off at 5:30 am M-F- so it is a real treat to sleep in. Yesterday I was up at 6- due to storms and having to go to Greenville.

Yesterday was wonderful and not going to lie- exhausting. I didn't get home until about 9:30- and was really wired from driving though storms. I was also hungry, and needed to stop and pick up my coffee creamer. I also picked up some fresh kale soup. It was nothing but hot broth, few meat balls , and kale. Just enough, small container. But it took me a minute to decompress- hit bed about 11:30- so it felt wonderful to sleep in.

I am now prepping for my mom and her husband to stop in this afternoon for a few hours- then we are going to dinner for his birthday. He wanted light bulbs. Not just any light bulbs- ones that last 22 years (said on the box) at 15.00 a pop. He got 3- and a grill brush. The bulbs will outlive him!!!! God did I really write that out loud??????...... Ya I tolerate him. He is ok. He rarely talks to me. But he has been with my mother for 18 years or so. He is husband # 5. So I never really attached to any of them.
Anyway- we are going to a place called the CROSSING in DULUTH - you should look up the menu!!!!! I have been there several time and love it. It was my suggestion. Total Meat place!!!!!

I am eating for my Garmin to come in and will be looking at treadmills today. I am going to bite the bullet and get one. I have a spare room- why not. My kids (don't spend the night) - my sone comes twice a year- BLOW UP BED. It's good- I need the workable space. I would rather have a partial gym and working office then a static bed.

Ok- off to get ready.
I also have another 2 posts to write today and tomorrow, laundry, and bathrooms to clean. I don't have a cleaning lady. The fact I have a yard guy is amazing!

Have a great day- oh- lost that salt water pound! Still HANGING.....
Sponsored Links
  #2372   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 09:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz.....sorry forgot to answer your question about the vinegar in water each morning......yes, still doing it(when I'm at home). I don't measure, just a splash of apple cider vinegar, some sea salt and water....about 12 oz. Down the hatch it goes!

We are getting ready to head out. Book store and who knows what else!
  #2373   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 17:04

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Nic---Loved hearing about your trip!!!! And loved the pix. Did your hubs get the Hamilton tickets thru work---I understand they're pretty hard to come by, even now. Did you think it was worth all the hullabaloo about it? In a year or so it will start to tour and end up here, and still be bloody expensive. Last touring show I saw was "Wicked" and it was worth every dime. So, just curious.

Yeah, I don't like Time's Square. Didn't like it when it was old and seedy and like it even less now that it's NYC Disney like and flooded w/tourists. I adore Central Park, the upper West side, Greenwich village and Soho. This is where my pal and I used to hang out. She lived on the upper west, between Amsterdam and Broadway, both fun streets. Of course, that was back in the day when both Greenwich village and Soho were more bohemian and affordable.

Which brings to mind, Have you read "The Address?" by Fiona Davis? VERY good. Novel about the origins of the Dakota, back when it was considered out in the outback, right on the edge of Central Park. Highly rec.

HAHAHAHA! Kid didn't use his clean clothes. Scary.

Trig---Oh, that computer thing sounds like a big old itch bug down your shirt. SO irritating when our technology fails us. AND, I hate going to Best Buy. I do all the research I can on line so I can sail in, purchase and get the heck out. Bought my new laptop in about 7 minutes and was out of there. Plus, no interest offer, so like cash in that you get it now, and don't have to pay for interest for it. Love that, and I'm already half paid off on it, so something to consider if you have to get a new one.

Jaz---Oh my, little Ava is just so darlin' and it really looks like she's beginning to thrive. I know there are still complications, but that little gal is a fighter and and I put my bet solidly on her. The pix of her w/GiGi are just so special, thanx for sharing.

Yeah, I bet you were exhausted when you got home! I used to be wiped out at the end of the day w/just one that age and when I was a lot younger.

Can't believe Cruella's Nopology. Yep, screaming narcissism. Sorry her pal died, but why do I wonder about the veracity of this or how close that "pal" was? Oh yeah, I know why.

Lori---I just can't get over how gorgeous the view is from your front door! If you ever care to, snap a pix of your historic home and share. Know you and your sissy are enjoying each other to the max, even if that involves rolling your eyes over the precocious one's head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got some house stuff done today. Good feeling. Not a ton, but enough to feel good.

Day didn't start so well as hubby was in bear mood. Been like this the last few days so we had to have a little come to Jesus talk. I told him you can be as crabby as you want, but you can't take it out on me for too long unless you want me to return the favor. This is all dang hard enough. He got it, and we went about our work like a team instead of boxing mates.

In all fairness, his knee has gone bad on him, and I know it frustrates him because it makes further work on the attic and basement undoable due to all the steps and carrying heavy stuff. It's a ligament thing, been here before. OMG, my wrist, his knee, we're falling apart here!

Anyway, tomorrow I'm investigating some help. There's a site called "college hunks." Now, who couldn't warm up to that?! Couple others too. Going to get some bids. We'll see, but if his knee needs to heal, it needs to heal, even as our clock is ticking.

Yeah, friends offer to help all the time, but I won't send them up to our hot as hades attic, or down to our mess in the basement. Not pride, simply that none of them are spring chickens, and you can only ask so much. When it comes time to pack what's left, I'll so take their offers.

As it is beloved cousin is coming in mid August to pull down our picket fence w/his HUGE truck. We have exhausted ourselves painting and re-painting it for almost 30 years, and now it's on the down cycle. Must be torn down, or replaced at this point. Double lot. Can you say CHA-CHING?! Figure if those looking at the house don't see a fence, they can't complain about the shape its in. So yeah, bless the help of friends and family when it really matters. And I'm careful about when I send up smoke signals.

Oh and Jaz re-thinking the less expensive sofa. Read the reviews and although most were good, one or two scared me, specially the one that said it started pilling after 6 months. I think a lot of folks write reviews right after their merch has arrived, so this struck me. Going to go look at both again tomorrow. So hard to spend the money, but I want something sturdy and long lasting, and I know the more expensive sofa will be that. Room and Board. Do you have them there? They ain't cheap, but they are 100% quality, and thinking in a sofa I'm on all the time, I may just have to bite the bullet. The other sofa we're keeping is hubby's fave spot.

Woe is OK. Pal took me out for belated b'day dinner last night, and no, I didn't stay on plan. Amazing french fries. My passion, Need I say more?

Good day today. Feel I need to confess or take credit for a good day these days. I am absolutely all over the place. And yeah, Nic feeling it in my pants.

Think I need to get on the scale and face it. Have gotten away with a lot for awhile now, but thinking that may be coming to an end. Need to know. DEEP BREATH. Tomorrow morning I step on the happy/freaked out machine. It is time, whether I want to see it or not.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Jul-22-18 at 17:14.
  #2374   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 04:47

BF:

OK BLUE- I have a TALKING SCALE!!!!!!!!! IT SCREAMS out my weight- Please step on the scale.......pause...... Your weight IS..... HOLY FUCKING COW........... Then I look around, surely TWO people are on the scale!!!!!!! I feel you pain girl friend!!!!!!! The pants though are the thing that gets me. I just hate tight pants.... Nothing more miserable and I am to prideful to up the size.

Go with the SOFA you WANT!!!!!!!!!- In the long run you will be happy. Get the side chair too. I mean think about it- how often are you going to be moving and needing one right? Especially if you are on it!!!!!
I got some furniture right after my hysterectomy. Why you ask? Because my favorite place was on a pile of blankets I would make a "nest"- and just play on the big room rug- pillows, more blankets. But I needed to sit in a real chair. So I just bought one. I am not thrilled with it. Ugly and boring and - wished I would have shopped more. But no- I went with the affordable one, and no I am sorry a year out. It's just sorta ugly. I use alot of pillows to spruce it up and give it a boost. ALL this to say- get the one you really want!

Nic- So I was thinking I would now love to go to NYC! I want to see it. I have a feeling it is one of those places you really want to see- maybe just once! Experience it and be good with it.
Yea you are home!!!!! GROSS on the boy and thinking a pool is a shower. But you know- I had a teenage boy once too!!!!!! Thankfully it really is a phase!!!!!! I think all kids go though a grunge phase- my DD did too!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lori- Thanks for answering the question on the vinegar. I look at you as a successful WOE story! I can't wait to get my Garmin Fitbit. I should have it today. I am also looking at treadmills- that will happen sooner than later.

TRIG- so I am thinking you are still having computer issue. Man have irritating!!!!!!! I am so NOT technically savvy. I can do alot of things- but tech stuff no!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------
So I had my mom and her husband over and took them to dinner. I got prime rib. Paid out the nose for it. It was grisely and all fat. I am not going to complain- but I most likely will not ever order that again. .I will stick with a plain old steak!!!!! At least I will know what I am getting.
It was just ok- not worth the money in my mind. But ya know it is costing more and more to eat out these days. I just don't get how these large family eat out at nice places. I mean, we were sitting beside a family that were at least a party of 8-9 could tell all one family. They only had 2 kids- rest were adults. I know what I paid- I was like OMG- are you kidding me, can't imagine a huge family .

I am butt dragging tired today. I mean SO tired. This weekend has been non-stop! Can't wait for NEXT weekend- already thinking about it!!!!!! REST!!!!! I am burning the candle at both ends right now- and I am wondering if I am not to dam old to be doing all this!!!!!!! URGHHHHH- I have yet to write a dam thing for school. Both assignments are due Wed. -

Ok- gotta go- I am late already- today is nonstop meetings= goal= stay awake and ACT interested!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Great day !
  #2375   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 05:32

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori hope you are having a good time at your sister's house. Are you driving home today?

Nicco the trains are very claustrophic to me and I feel 'trapped' cause I can't get off when I want when they are chugging along LOL Guess I could jump off onto the tracks like they do in the old movies, but hey, ain't gonna try that HA

Blue, hubby in bear mood! So get that with pain. Pain will do that to people. Hope it heals up faster for him than longer! Glad you got help to tear down the picket fence. Old fences make the place seem old and it is a good idea to ditch it. Fresh and clean sell fast and people don't see the older fence as a project they have to handle.

Jaz, I would have returned that hunk of prime rib. I have absolutely 0 tolerance for crappy food and I have easily returned yucky steaks and always get a new one hey for those prices I would have been chewing on a new hunk of prime rib LOL I so hear ya on that eating out tho.

hey all
So my Dell is on one minute and blank screen the next. It worked fine for a few hrs yesterday then this morning, nothing. nada.

Hubbys is working fine now.

My ancient, older than the hills laptop is working good, so slow but ok and I always smile knowing I never threw this one out at any time getting new laptops my old standby!!

hubby off to take camper in for a few repairs, awning is doing something it should not and he needs to buy a new power cord etc.

I am hitting the stores for a few things. bleck...shopping, despise it to the max now

kid will sleep in til way later today and maybe we will both swim later. day is cloudy, tstorms possible in afternoon type weather. we shall see

nothing much else doing. playing catch up around this place.
I hate cleaning anymore so I do less and then I have to do more cleaning to catch up LOL and so on.....usual vicious cycle of same old crap one does over and over in their lives and it gets old LOL

food today will be tuna/mayo later
dinner will be sautéed chicken breast in alfredo sauce with parm cheese

all going well so far here, hope everyone else is doing great!!
have a fab day all
  #2376   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 05:57

BF:

Good Morning!

This week features rain, rain, t storms and more rain! Today's plan was to pick Katie(DSis granddaughter) up at 10 and take her to swim lessons and then stay at the pool till mid afternoon while she played with her friends. Unless things clear up fast, that is not going to happen. We have plans to go out for dinner with her tonight...well....late afternoon. She picked the place(Italian) and wants us all to go for an ice cream treat after. OY. It is a creamery at a farm so you know the ice cream will be to die for. Give me strength!

Jaz....sorry your dinner was $$$ and not good. I have never been a fan of prime rib as it always just looks too fatty for my taste. We had much the same experience last night. Too expensive shrimp tacos(I just ate the inside) and a dish of cole slaw. My sister had just been to this place last week for ribs and the cole slaw she had was SO good, creamy & flavorful. What we had was awful. Dry and full, I mean FULL of celery seed. Blech! I am not a fan of real celery and celery seed....it is vile. The tiny seeds hide in your teeth and then drop down an hour later and you bite it and it is horrible. Anyway, Sis was so disappointed as her dinner last week at the same place was so good.

After dinner we walked around Target for a bit and then took Katie home around 6. Her Dad had been away all day and we waited for him to get home. Her Mom is away this week in Gettysburg for a big conference for her work. A busy time around here! This wasn't the best week for my visit, but I had already asked for these dates off work and Sis and family leave for Florida next Sunday for a week. Katie is going to Space Camp and Sis, DD & SIL will be staying in a condo at Cocoa Beach. Sis is a little worried about traveling with her "condition", but I hope she'll be ok. She has days with intense pressure and just needs to have a bathroom close by a lot of the time.

Blue....good luck furniture shopping. It is so fun, until you look at the price tag! I agree, get what you love as you will have it for a long time.

Sorry DH's knee is acting up. Bad timing for sure with his knee and your wrist. I think hiring the "college hunks" sounds like a wonderful idea. When my Sis was getting her house ready to sell, she found a husband and wife team that came and took all manner of "junk" that she knew she had to get rid of. My DH & I did what we could to help her, but living 2 hours away, we could only get there a weekend here and there as we were both still working full time. Anyway, this couple that she hired was a Godsend. A friend of her husband's also came and took lots of stuff and listed on Ebay for her. It didn't result in a lot of $$, but it got it out of her hair!

Nic....so funny about your DSon and coming home with his clean clothes still packed! Heck, even my husband will wear his cutoff work shorts until they are awful......I grab them when he takes them off or he would wear them until they were stiff! He changes tee shirt, socks etc every day, but somehow thinks the shorts are fine....ugh!

Trig....OMG....computer problems are enough to drive you nuts! I hope you can get it resolved sooner rather than later. Edited to add...I am staying here at DSis's until Wednesday morning. Tomorrow it will just be the 2 of us doing a bit of shopping & yet more eating!

Ok.....Sis and I are going to sit and drink coffee and watch it rain. We'll wait to hear if swim lessons are cancelled for today.

Have a good day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Jul-23-18 at 06:03.
  #2377   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 08:39

BF:

Lori you had me laughing on 'more shopping and more eating' food food food is such a draw when family and more get together isn't it?

I find the 'food focus' SO DARN annoying anymore but my family is not even close to that at all and they still have the food as 'entertainment' while out and about. ugh but it is what it is

celery seed....bleck, no, wait, triple bleck HAHA I find SO many spices useless for me, never buy them. I shop spices and think, what in the heck do people do with all this crap LOL but then again, they are chef types, I sure am not

Hey all
typing on my good Dell now. came back again in full glory

So spoke to hubby before he hit the road and he said the Geek Squad guy at best buy said last Windows update has created havoc on tons of machines and he is swamped with everyone coming in saying their machine won't work.....ok, hmm, figured just that and good thing is I will just hopefully keep this one working but if it goes funky on me, just use the old one til this one decides to work again.

I tell ya.....I tell ya.....well you guys know I don't have to tell ya at all, you all been there on the pain in the butt problems in life HAHA

hubby called. camper will cost more than we thought on the 'extra' things he wanted handled.....I can't send him ANYWHERE without him costing me a crapload of money. He is like 'just do it' and I am like 'do we REALLY need to do that?' We are polar opposites types on money. My gosh he is gonna be the mental death of me in finances LOL

off to clean something, have to cause I rarely clean anymore, at some point I have to clean something HA
  #2378   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 10:35

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Well now Jaz, if you have never been to NYC then I agree, it is an absolute MUST. Put it on your bucket list and when the money woes are over you can start saving. It costs BUCKS to be there- just the lodging alone is killer, especially if you aren't going to stay in Brooklyn or the Bronx but in Manhattan.

Cities are great to visit and some better than others. I'm more of a nature girl though and the epicenter of big cities to me feels like being in a casino. I move into sensory overload really quickly and I mean that seriously- I actually can't process stuff, feel dizzy and off balance etc. But that is just in really overwhelming and busy areas with lots of lights and noise and crowds. Otherwise I am fine. London didn't affect me like that at all, nor did Chicago (except around the inner loop of the El) etc.

I LOVED reading about Ava and seeing her pictures. Oh, I see such life in her eyes now. She has a real personality shining through! Super excited to see that little spitfire. I see a lot of her brother in her. Do you still think her hair will be red?

I hope you like your Garmin! And sorry about the prime rib. I would have sent that sucker back too. BTW those light bulbs will not last 22 years. They already sell ones that are supposed to last ten years or whatever, but they don't! I wish!

ROFL over your scale.

Trig- Glad your laptop issues are over and you are back in a good place with that. It truly sucks when the tech is not doing well.

Sorry the RV is going to cost more than you expected, but it's like our pool- a money suck! It is worth it when you are there and soaking up the vacay vibes though.

Lori- Glad you are having fun with your sister and even extending your trip a bit! Eleven is a great age IMO so I hope you have fun with your sister's DGD whether you all get to swim or not.

Blue- Hamilton was actually really good and I liked it a lot but having said that, I would not pay the money we paid for those tickets pretty much for anything. I mean, the prices were insane. I could not believe that people were there with children and I am not even talking about preteens and up but like six and seven year olds! Not at those prices, no way!

Having said all that, there is a Hamilton app that lets you sign up for a lottery. I am playing it for the DC tour going on right now and have encouraged my kids to do the same. I think there is one for Chicago which is very doable for you. If you win, you can get two tickets for ten dollars a piece. So put that on your phone and give it a shot (I am not throwing away my shot!) (song lyric/ Hamilton)

I think I would enjoy doing NYC with you and exploring those areas.. and have not heard about the book about the Dakota. Will need to look into it but boy howdy is my book list LONG right now!

LOVE the word "nopology"- that should be a legit word for real.

Love that you and DH had 'the words' and then righted ship and sailed on. It happens, amiright? Sorry you are both hurting physically in your own ways. Makes it tougher for sure. I think you are right to hire some Hunks!

KMom- Have a super duper great time!

••••••••••

Ok I could write more replies but that is quite a missive as it is so I will spare us all.

Lori, we are getting rain rain rain for the next several days too but man did we need it. Things have greened up again nicely. The pool will probably need to be lowered by the end of this though.

So we ordered a mattress topper from Amazon and we'll see how that fares. I am waking up sore every day from our mattress. We will be buying a new mattress soon but I am trying to decide whether I want to move to a different bed frame/ platform style bed or what.

I waited too long (Ugh!! WHY??) and can't get a reservation for Maggiano's now for DH's bday dinner, so now I am trying to get a room somewhere else. Party of 15-16. You want to talk about expensive! Whoo hoo!

Today the dogs are getting washed and nail-trimmed. Tomorrow is AM school parent meeting, then meeting with the guidance counselor, then dogs to Vet in PM.

Changed the batteries on the door lock and did a few other things on the to-do list today but generally just lazing about.
  #2379   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 17:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---Oh yeah, I would have so sent that prime rib back. The other night I ordered a cheeseburger medium rare. It came well done. Back it went. Too expensive out there to accept sub standard food. I'm not picky but then you can't chew your meat for grizzle and fat, or they don't do it to your specification then, NOPE. Tip for next time.

HA. The only thing worse than my scale would be one that talks!

Lori---Too bad about all the rain during your visit. I'd say too bad about that creamery too but ah... Hard for me to stay on plan on vacation. Heh, lately hard for me to stay on plan not on vacation.

Trigger---Yay for your Dell coming back to life, and yay for the old back up!

Funny about the Chop and his open wallet and you with yours nailed shut.
Good balance though. Worst is when both love to spend money. No seat belt. Had a pal who married a guy who loved to shop as much as she did. Got them in plenty of trouble w/their finances, and they made good money.

I am always grateful for hubby's restraining influence. I'm a mix in that I'm a bargain shopper and very price aware. It's just that I want lots of bargains. Hubby used to say stop saving us so much money. But new life, big changes. I am now Blue scrooge. To heck with Tiny Tim's issues.

Nic---Thanx for the Hamilton review. Of course it's fab. But I'm w/you---it's almost obscene what those tickets cost. And a whole family? 7 year olds who won't get most of it? NOPE, says B.Scrooge.

You're right NYC is darn expensive, but I think mostly in lodgings. It is possible to eat fabulously there at a cost akin to home w/better food, if you stay away from the fancy and tourist joints. Some Asian, East Indian, Latina joints and delis there are amazing. In my experience, MUCH better than ethnic food joints here. Trouble is you have to know someone to direct you to the best locals joints that aren't so pricey, but there really are a lot of them. I bet there's a site about that somewhere.

And yeah, Jaz, you should go just once. Great thing about NYC to me is it's like New Orleans. You don't need to stay long. You can pack a lot in 3 days. OMG, I love the French Quarter. We used to go every year over Halloween, which was such a blast. NEVER go during Mardi Gras. Think when we free up some money from the house a 3 day trip to New Orleans will be happening. Not cheap, but cheaper than NYC, and so...atmospheric and romantic. Have you guys ever been there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a productive Monday, and feeling good about it. Again, got some things done for move. Not big things, just the drip, drip, drip.

What I'm feeling really good about is 2 things. First of all, I talked to "college hunks." So surprisingly reasonable. They don't charge by the hour, weight, or location/gas, they charge by how much you fill up their truck---max price for truck, you fill up half, you pay half, etc. They will sort out recyclables, are willing to pack junk into boxes,(if you provide the boxes which we so can) will take useables to the Good Will and give you the receipt for taxes. They will do basements, garages and attics. I thought it would be a lot more expensive. I think this is going to be a Godsend for us, and well worth the money. Will probably have them come next week or the week after.

Hubby wants to fight me on it as he limps around, but he ran out of gas pretty fast. He so doesn't want to spend the money, even though again, in the scheme of things, it's SO reasonable, thinks he can do it himself, and I love him for that. But y'know, he just can't. Every day he says this is the day I can get back up in the attic, and then his knee starts to really hurt after a couple trips up and down the stairs loaded down w/stuff. My wrist got so much better at first, but now it is liking watching that progress bar when trying to get to some sites. Starts fast and whips along, then all of a sudden slows down and begins to creeps. No way I can lift these boxes.

Second thing is---OMG, I know, y'all are going to think what took you so long---I went to our local library today and got myself a card. Got help there for how to use it for Kindle downloads. Figuring out fast how it works. Almost everything is on hold, but some with less "holders" than others. I came home and used my hold max, and got 3 available books to read. I took my wish list on Amazon and put every one of them in, so the 3 books I got were on my list to pay for. FREE. Once I get in the rhythm of it and my holds start coming thru, it's going to save me a lot of money. I read fast and often and have too much time to do so these days.

Save the ickiest for last of course. I stayed true to my word and got on my scale, but forgot about it till mid afternoon, so didn't do it first thing in the morning, which I always do for obvious reasons.

Anywho, my thankfully MUTE scale showed I was up 4 pounds. And gals, I know this is NOT bloat. This is ME. I can feel it and I can see it. Frankly, thought it might be even worse. But after holding my same weight for a long time while getting away with stuff, that train has come to halt.

I have no doubt if I don't get a hold on it, it will keep right on going up. Something broke that long stasis of my body wanting to stay at its weight, even if I wasn't being as true to my woe.

Have some real thinking and reckoning to do on this. Oh yeah, I know the answers. Just have to get my mojo up and working on one more thing. That feels so hard right now, as it's not just the house, it's searching for work, which I put off today. Every day is a list of things I don't want to do, and a long one. SIGH. But I do feel better when I do them. Will be same with the woe, just gotta lift her up and get going!
  #2380   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 04:56

BF:

OMG- What fun reading!!!!!!!!! Where to start..........

NIC- Boy oh Boy- your hubby is really "milking" this birthday isn't he???????? Man- first NY now a small party at a $$$ place for 16???? HAHAHAHAHAH- Men.......

Hamilton came here to Atlanta too! Was at the Fox Theater. Have you ever been there? I agree with you that NYC should been on my bucket list after I get some $$- so it will be a minute. I do want to stay in Manhattan. I was thinking the Crown Plaza- I know that isn't cheap.
BTW- I loved your pic!!!!!!!!

I agree Little AVA - has such a spitfire personality. She is doing great. Little Noah is doing great too. He is learning to "read and spell". He knows his letters and colors! Too frekin cute. He talks all the time. The thing I think is so funny is he LOOKS like a Mini man. I know what he will look like when he is older. He has a mans face on a little boy body!!!!! My son was that way too. He even said- Mom I look exactly the same as I did in grade school- yup- minus the beard!

TRIG- the only reason I didn't return the food, I am afraid they would spit in it. I just won't go there again! It was just money...HAHAHAH-
I have had 2 DELLS- both got hacked and infected and not fixable. I got tired of dumping money into computers only to have some asshole corrupt my machine. I don't get the entire - lets create a virus that will kill computers. It isn't funny- people pay good money for their laptops. Anyway- I could go on a rant on this one. So I now have a Apple- LESS likely for a virus.
But I hear ya on the "old standby".

Yum- on chicken and parm. You are a lucky duck you can have dairy. Jealous.

BLUE- Yup- be happy that your scale doesn't SPEAK!!!!!! I swear I hate that thing. It was free- so I am too cheap to toss it.
WOW- oh the collage hunks helping you take away your stuff. Jump on that deal!!!!!!!!
Hope your hubby heals fast! When a guy gets hurt or sick- oh dear god they whine like babies. Really?????????- Even my son goes on and on about his health sometimes. He is only 29...... Seriously??????

Yup- get back on the LC train!!!!!! TRUST me it does not take long to pile it back on and then some!!!!!!!! I think the shakes are a great idea.

Lori- so glad you are having a blast at your sisters. I so hear you on the $$$$$ and bad food. It can be so disappointing- especially if you are EXPECTING it to be good!
When are you coming bacK?- so cool you have some time off!
------------------------------------------------------
As usual I am running late- so my stuff will wait- so much change at work happening. I think my entire team is looking elsewhere- including myself.

I am doing 100% WOE- all good. IS IT FRIDAY YET???????????-
  #2381   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 05:12

BF:

Nicco, yes NYC prices are scary as are other big city tourism. I find when prices on some items get so out of hand for what it is you are buying, it just lessens the experience and you feel, I don't know, for lack of a better word, just 'abused' on it. At least it is that way for me

I am being abused over my rv right now HA and like you said, that and pools can be a money suck but nice thing is we can spread that over years of enjoyment when we put that money into it. at least that helps me justify it

Blue, cracked open my good Dell this morning and no screen --OMG this will drive me nuts will see how long this goes on before I get a new 'puter.....heehee, but right now I am on the ancient one that works!

We do library also. We found Ollie's discount store and bought hardcover books for like $3.99 and $4.99 but we can't even justify paying that anymore when we can go to the library for free! Those savings all add up a good bit when you put it all together, just like dropping those annoying little .6 lbs, haha, but over time they add up to much more.

WOW, just reading this 'Every day is a list of things I don't want to do and a long one!!' I so understand this. I chatted with hubby the other day saying the same darn thing.....but my list is just more normal things I don't want to do anymore. Nothing extra like cleaning out a home for putting up for sale. Nice thing is when it is all done you move forward into a nice new easier life For me the list is constant maintenance and cleaning and 'life in general' of things that have to be done to make it all work, for me it is super annoying to have to do all this stuff over and over and over again. Told hubby that life in general has wonderful times but they are fewer in between then the crap I have to handle daily it seems to keep life decent around us LOL I so feel like scraping it all. Time is ticking for the 13 yr old to become a 18-19 yr old and off to college, when that happens I think this old gal is going to go off the grid almost and drop most of my worldly possessions and just cruise thru the rest of my life gypsy style....well, hmmm, lets see how that goes down later tho HAHA

HI ALL
raining cats and dogs, the big T storms are here.
blah day
need to go to eyeglass place and get kids lenses replaced. her scratch resistant lenses were not yea both got scratched and lady said hmmm, and said they are covered under warranty, so that was good. they are in and I have to get the glasses up there for putting in new lenses....but I don't want to go blah day, don't even want to go out there, eh, might put off til tomorrow, who knows how I will roll on this one HA

have to call for dog grooming, omg this dog smells the lake water left him like a drowned dead smelling rat, so yea, got to get that done but to 'clean him up nice' in Tstorm rain weather is just useless, he goes out to P and comes in a wet smelling rat, but a cleaner wet smell of course but not for long tho even after a great bath LOL....to groom in rain times or not to groom and put it off, that is the question!

gotta call mom and see what is doing, will pick day to drive up and shop or visit or whatever.

need to pick something and do it, like vacuum this place or maybe dust the world here HA HA

great day all
  #2382   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 06:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Slept in till almost 7:30 this morning! We didn't get home until nearly 10 last night. We took Katie home after dinner and had to wait until her Dad got home from whatever he was out doing. We had a nice dinner out with great small plates and appetizers. I had scallops on a bed of mushroom risotto...OMG...so good, and another plate with a small ring of sausage with provolone cheese. As it turns out, the dairy that Katie wanted to go to is closed on Mondays, so that will have to be saved for another trip.

Today we're going to King of Prussia for a little shopping at Nordstrom Rack, Ulta & whatever. Then it's a late lunch/early dinner at Maggiano's. We always get the Caprese salad, a chopped salad and an order of meatballs. We share it all and it is fabulous.

It is raining again today. This has been some week. DH said the river running by our house looks like chocolate milk from all the rain. Our Daughter lives near Hershey Park(a big amusement park) in central PA and I saw pictures of it online last night......major flooding. Still more rain to come this week.

I hope it's not raining tomorrow morning when I'm ready to head home. I'll probably be on the road by 9 or 10.

Oh my, talking about $$$......it is flying out of our account the last couple months. Between our trip to Myrtle Beach and making the final payment on our big cruise in October.....Yikes! Plus, we just booked to go to Key West again in February over our son's birthday. All fun stuff, but spendy nonetheless. Rather shocking to tell you the truth. DH and I decided long ago that we are going to go while we can because you never know when you will become physically unable to travel. We have been on several trips where there are older people who obviously waited to take the "big" trip and it is almost impossible for them to get around. Our son has already told us that he isn't going to take us if we're wheelchair bound! I can't see myself wanting to go at that point, but who knows.

Miracle of miracles, it looks like the sun is coming out! If it is like yesterday, it will be raining in a minute. It was like someone turning on and off a faucet all day yesterday.

Ok...enough of my rambling. More coffee and then time to get our day going.

Make it a good one!
  #2383   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 07:01

BF:

Lori sounds like you guys are having a great time. It is so cool you get along with your sis so fine! Bet you 2 are a hoot together!

yea we are raining like crazy here also.

and I so get ya on money flying out of the acct but never ever forget it is for FUN and not dreaded taxes, or other BS repair bills and more LOL

I get that shock also. I book easily 1 yr to 1.3 yrs in advance for campgrounds I want so I get hit very hard on booking our trips and it is like OUCH to the ultimate, but paid off fast and when those trips hit, I think, thank goodness I did this and have this fun time and enjoyment in life! I so get ya tho on the stick shock of paying for those trips LOL but worth every darn penny.

Your son saying he won't push the wheelchair is hysterical! I told hubby one reason to retire early from that back breaker job of his was cause I am not going to push his wheelchair around either when we are older, so he best repair his body for the long haul and future trips HAHA too funny!

Hey all
another post before I hit the road for eyeglass repairs..........

hubby NOW wants a fishing boat again. omg we had boats and boats and more boats til we sold that last big one and NOW he is bored and wants another. Told him 'cheap boat ok', expensive boat BOT OK HAHA....but he is looking and I am seeing what he is finding and yikes, cheap is rough out there, not good at all.....but told him he must save up or work more at a part time job when kiddo goes back to school and save $ cause I am NOT dropping 10K at least on a darn boat that will probably not be used a lot in truth........so we are chatting boats and I am the holder of $ in this house so what I say goes on big purchases LOL and thank goodness for that I tell ya.

I almost hate the word boat now I of course what a more luxury boat with lounge seats etc and more in tune with family boating trips and hubby wants that center console 'total fishing' type boat that is more all about fishing and slime and bait and ick and not fancy LOL Yea we are so on opposite sites here, but hey, it is a WANT that will be not gone into fast.....it will be a slow purchase for sure on my part til we hit a medium on it all. UGH...someone help me please HAHA

off I go to get moving...darn eye place is open at 9. which is now but I want places open at 7 which is when I WAS ready to hit the road, now at 9 the day seems over to me and that is my super early move fast morning farmer attitude HAHA

boy do I need to fit in better with society and its ways LOL whatever
  #2384   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 19:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Checking in but super tired and will write more tomorrow. BUT the bed topper came today and we put it on, so I will be reporting back hopefully really well rested!
  #2385   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 21:26

BF:

here and putting I my DOT until tomorrow..........
Closed Thread