Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 00:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/209/180 Male 184cm
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle
hi guyz...today is my 6th day of induction...and just yesterday when i measured...i lost 2.5kg! =)...was really happy...but i think coz its probably water loss ritez?...so i'm quite scared that my wt won't drop to my desired wt...anywayz...i've got a question...is it possible for me to take starchy stuff like cookies if i can still keep my daily intake of carb less than 20g?...coz i got hold of those cookies for diabetics ppl...and the carb content are quite low...i juz started taking them...like around 1 or 2 per day...but is getitng worried abt it stopping my weight loss...??

Hi, good job at 2.5kg, that is quite fast. Remember to up your water in take.

Like I have mention earlier to you, during induction you will notice a good drop in weight becasue of water loss and followed by much slower loss becasue you do not have alot of weight to loss. Our body will fight us every single inch on the way to our desired weight.

I suggest that you do not take the cookies until after your induction phase, also check to make sure that the sweetner used. Certain types of sweetner are know to cause people to stall at weight loss. If you really cannot tahan, hehe then just take one and keep the rest.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 22:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 130/125/112 Female 156cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

when i measured my weight yesterday...it went up 0.5kg!...izzit because i ate cookie?...or izzit coz i drank water and stuff juz before weighing myself?.........is there anyway i can know i am burning my ketone otehr than the ketodiastix?
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 22:49
Registered Member

BF:

by the way...it contain maltitol...can take?
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 09:10
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle
by the way...it contain maltitol...can take?

That is sugar alcohol, take only after induction.

You should avoid weighting yourself too often. Did you check the spec of your scale? some are +/-5 kg tolerance.

Trying using a measuring tape to measure your body, chest, waist, thigh, arms.

Also, weight yourself only once a week at the same time. For me I prefer to do it first thing in the morning after I clear my bowel.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 18:59
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Splenda sweetened Candies

Hi Guys/Gals,

I found splenda sweetened candies in NTUC Bishan. They are located in the same section where they put all the artifical sweeteners.

But probably need to watchout on the carbs. 4 pcs will have total of 17grams carbs.
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 21:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 151/137/128 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 61%
Wink

Hiya Everyone!!

I m living and working in Singapore now and I m glad to find some atkins dieters here

I have learnt so much about the atkins way of living and eating since I started doing the induction 2 months ago. I m reaching my mini goal pretty soon too - can't wait till Xmas arrives!!

I feel it is very easy to make shopping mistakes especially there are so many sugar free and fat free products in Singapore. Please be careful. I agreed with saymeng that you have to look out for the carb content of each product. Fat free products are usually high in carb. Those sugar free products might use frutose instead of Splenda as subsititues too. So, remember to read the label before you pay for them!

cheers
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 21:34
Registered Member

BF:

Hi angelita,

Welcome to singapore, probably not the best country to do LC if you know what I mean
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:03

BF:

thanks for the welcome saymeng..i m doing very well so far on atkins..have not been this light for many donkey years

cheers
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 10:38

Stats: 223/200/143 Male 173cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi fellow SG LCers,

Its has been a while since I last posted here. Hope everyone is doing well on their Atkins. Just a small update here (plus as a reminder to myself).

I have lost a total of 16KG since I started Atkins 2.5 mths ago (From 101KG to 85KG). But for the past week, I kind of lost focus and my sugar cravings keep kicking in and I have been slipping in/out of Ketosis (gave in to the cravings) So I decided to declared yesterday (Oct 31) as my cheat day and stuff myself with all the sugarly and high carb stuff. Today I will do a "hard reset" on the Atkins diet and start from the Induction phrase again. This is the menu I plan to follow for the next two weeks (I used it last time and it works but kind of toturing):

Breakfast
Hard Boiled Egg X 3 (Whites only) or Subsititute 1 egg for Ham

Lunch
Tuna X 1 can

Dinner
Veg + Fish/Pork/Chicken (Small portion)

Supplements
Multi Vitamins

My goal is to lose 5KG during the induction phrase. Beside following the Atkins diet, I will also be taking a Fat Metaboliser supplement in conjunction with daily workout in the morning/evening. I hope I will be able to reach my goal. Wish me luck
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 20:32

BF:

Hiya Newbie!

Good to hear that you are back on track again

I looked at your menu - not enough veggie I m afraid. I m sure you know you can have 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of vegetable per day during induction phase. Are you doing the induction again?

I have a pancake recipe to share. Many LCs have this for breakfast:
You can use either flaxseed meal (grounded flaxseed) or pysllium husk for the recipe. They are both greatfor overcoming constipation problem too! Check what Dr Atkins said in his book

1 egg
1/2 tsp of cinammon
1 tbsp of flaxseed meal/pysllium husk
1 packet of Splenda
1/2 tsp of baking powder

Mix the above ingredient well and let it sit for 5 mins. Heat the pan with a dash of butter. Then pour in the mix and cook both sides. You may use heavy cream or sugar free syrup to go with the pancake.

cheers
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 06:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelita
Hiya Newbie!

Good to hear that you are back on track again

I looked at your menu - not enough veggie I m afraid. I m sure you know you can have 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of vegetable per day during induction phase. Are you doing the induction again?

I have a pancake recipe to share. Many LCs have this for breakfast:
You can use either flaxseed meal (grounded flaxseed) or pysllium husk for the recipe. They are both greatfor overcoming constipation problem too! Check what Dr Atkins said in his book

1 egg
1/2 tsp of cinammon
1 tbsp of flaxseed meal/pysllium husk
1 packet of Splenda
1/2 tsp of baking powder

Mix the above ingredient well and let it sit for 5 mins. Heat the pan with a dash of butter. Then pour in the mix and cook both sides. You may use heavy cream or sugar free syrup to go with the pancake.

cheers

Where do you buy your splenda from? locally?
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 06:21
Registered Member

BF:

I will be away from two weeks starting monday, got ICT

Have to eat high carb for two weeks then get back on atkins again.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 10:02
Registered Member

BF:

juz to report my progress...i'm on week 3..supposely to be on induction still...but i decided to take in sunflower seed and peanuts...hopefully its ok?.....any 1 wanna intro me any other food i can take?.....btw...overall loss around 2.5 kg for the 14 days..and cheated 2 timez.. =P
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 10:26

BF:

Saymeng: My BF send me Splenda when he went home to California for vacation. You can use Sweet n Low too which is available in most Guidance or NTUC healthcare stores in Singapore. They are usually kept in the diabetic section.

krystle: Nuts and Seeds are not allowed during induction. They are allowed only during the 3rd rung of OWL phase. (refer to page 174, The Power of Five). And congratulation on your weight lost during the induction phase. WEIGH TO GO!
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 00:32
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelita
Saymeng: My BF send me Splenda when he went home to California for vacation. You can use Sweet n Low too which is available in most Guidance or NTUC healthcare stores in Singapore. They are usually kept in the diabetic section.

krystle: Nuts and Seeds are not allowed during induction. They are allowed only during the 3rd rung of OWL phase. (refer to page 174, The Power of Five). And congratulation on your weight lost during the induction phase. WEIGH TO GO!

Hi angelita, I tried "sweet N low" before and I did not like it, I keep tasting a bitter after taste. A friend of mine also got a box of splenda for me from USA. Anyways thanks , maybe we will have them here sometime in the future.

Hi Krystle, you can buy raw Almond nuts real cheap on top of the hawker centre between bugis junction and guang ying temple. I bought 2kg for $16SGD and roasted them myself. Very good source of fiber