Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 05:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%
Default How was everyone's week?

What were your victories, stresses , struggles and joys this week?

Eating areas, or just life in general..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 05:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I'll bite (lol).
My week weight-wise was good, but interesting. I am finding that I am swelling in the heat if I go out to eat and have dessert- I think it is the combination of the salt in the food and the sugar in the dessert. This has not been an issue for the past 3 years. I don't know what is different now. A couple of days of eating all my meals at home, with fruit, and I'm back to my usual 125. I have also noticed that alcohol affects me differently than it used too- I just don't feel good the next day even if I had one drink the night before.
Life-wise, my DS is home for the summer. At 19, he needs a job. He has procrastinated and I have had to hold my tongue. He hates my nagging, and I don't blame him. So I have had to talk myself out of saying anything like "GET A JOB!". The natural consequence is we are giving him no money, He finally accepted a p/t job yesterday. I calmly asked him about the not getting a job, that I really wanted to know what was happening. He told me that he was really disappointed that the jobs were not interesting, but he knew he had to work. I told him I was sorry that he hadn't found something, and left it at that. Then he took a filing job.
Tonight we are staying home for a quiet dinner- roast chicken, salad, vegie, bread, corn on the cob, and blueberries!
Hope your week was good, too.
E
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 07:31

BF:

What a week!!! Eno....children!

My husband and I have been hit with a series of decisions that need to be made soon.. They are good positive 'growing" decisions but the suddenness and intensity..have us a bit discombobulated..and later today two of the biggest will be made ( that will be a great relief)..i slipped and really medicated myself yesterday with food.I as always rediscovered the uselessness of that behavior
My absolutely darling little granddaughter turned three this week, what a joy! This side of the family will fly to LV to celebrate it next month!! What a time we will have!!!
Eno..i so appreciate your sharing your life in this thread!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 14:22
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

My week was good and bad.

My Mom came to visit Monday/Tuesday. I got to show off my new house, and be a great hostess. I didn't gain too much, although I did suffer from Carb-Crud, after a high carb dinner. Probably didn't gain because I didn't eat much the next day .

Then Tuesday I found out that I had to go in for a repeat mammogram, and now I have to go for a needle biopsy to determine if the nodule that was found is benign or cancerous. Doctor says it is most likely benign, doesn't have indications of cancerous, but they can't know for sure without the biopsy. It's scheduled for next Wednesday. Hopefully I can get the results by early the following week.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 15:51
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog
My week was good and bad.

My Mom came to visit Monday/Tuesday. I got to show off my new house, and be a great hostess. I didn't gain too much, although I did suffer from Carb-Crud, after a high carb dinner. Probably didn't gain because I didn't eat much the next day .

Then Tuesday I found out that I had to go in for a repeat mammogram, and now I have to go for a needle biopsy to determine if the nodule that was found is benign or cancerous. Doctor says it is most likely benign, doesn't have indications of cancerous, but they can't know for sure without the biopsy. It's scheduled for next Wednesday. Hopefully I can get the results by early the following week.

I've had a needle biopsy Cathy.....mine was nothing and I hope that yours will be nothing too.

Good luck with your procedure and I'll be watching for a report from you.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 20:50
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

Thanks Judy.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 23:48

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta
What were your victories, stresses , struggles and joys this week?

Eating areas, or just life in general..

I'll bite....this week was a little rough as far as water retention. LAST week I was "skinny" and actually saw my lowest weight again, Monday arrived and I had the bloat from hell.

Been struggling with peri-menopausal symptoms for a few months now, this is my second cycle on progesterone cream.

Decided to put myself back into ketosis, and I'm finally, FINALLY, releasing all of this excess water.

Eating issues have been okay -- I started getting off track with Doritoes, seemed to have conquered my craving for them for the time being.

I did have a nice personal victory today. Got my daughter's grades from her first semester of college....all A's and B's. Not bad for a 16 yo homeschool graduate that is by far the youngest in all of her classes -- and performing completely at college level. Most of the public school students in our area are way under and have to take make up courses to bring them up to college level. She aspires to be the youngest employed RN in a few years....just achieved her first step towards that.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 06:15

BF:

Cathy ...I am so sorry...I am praying and will continue to pray for you..(((Cathy)))
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 06:17

BF:

MeB.....what a wonderful accomplishment....your daughter sounds like a jewel!!!! you have done well by her obviously!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 06:28
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 192/188/140 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 8%
Lightbulb

Ditto on the not feeling good the next day after one drink when I used to feel fine after 6 drinks. But actually I find 3 vitamin C tabs before the drinking really helps and if you still feel bad the next day Excedrin helps to clear the cobwebs.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 08:10

Quote:

My mom also had to have a needle biopsy and it turned out to be nothing.

Sounds like the doc is doing this to clear it as benign rather than suspect something serious. I imagine the waiting is hard, but hopefully you will be put at ease soon. I will also say some prayers for you, Cathy. {{{ }}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta
MeB.....what a wonderful accomplishment....your daughter sounds like a jewel!!!! you have done well by her obviously!!!!

She is a wonderfully motivated kid, and we are proud of her......I can't take all the credit for that, SHE did it! It does make me feel good that I did a good job educating her at home tho -- reinenforces that we made the right decision :-)
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 09:46
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

[Leslie raises her hand to contribute]

In case you do not know, I went to FL this past week. My MIL and her fiancee joined us. There were all kinds of temptations but I stayed on plan all week. What a feeling of accomplishment. The only time I almost caved was when I caught a whiff of Frito's .

Cathy - I'll be saying a prayer for you that all turns out okay.

Lori - you have a great daughter - that is wonderful news about her grades!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maree00
Ditto on the not feeling good the next day after one drink when I used to feel fine after 6 drinks. But actually I find 3 vitamin C tabs before the drinking really helps and if you still feel bad the next day Excedrin helps to clear the cobwebs.

I also experience the same thing with alcohol.....actually, kind of scary! Makes me feel like alcohol, even a little bit, is NOT good for the body at all
:-/.

Taking potassium, as well as the C, seems to help counteract the morning after effects with me.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 15:11
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Cathy- the biospy thing is really scary. If it helps to laugh, think of the scene in my Big Fat Greek Wedding where the crazy aunt is talking about her bi-op-sy.
You are in my prayers- I get nervous for every mammogram.

Interesting ideas about the alcohol. I'll have to try the C- going out tonight and I will have a glass of wine. I love excedrine too- but it's so strange to feel hung-over on one drink! It must be something with being so low carb, don't you think?
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 15:51
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Quote:
It must be something with being so low carb, don't you think?
I think it does have something to do with it. I am the very same way - one glass of wine and I am DONE!

Maybe the carbs we used to eat soaked up the alcohol?