Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 12:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Having trouble

I'm trying to send a private message and end up on the screen saying "one of several reason" can anyone help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 12:48

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

JoAnn, PM's are restricted to members with 25 posts or more. When you reach 25 posts you will be able to send and receive private messages.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 15:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 278/270/220
BF:
Progress: 5%

Bummer on the PM restriction for less than 25 posts. My goal is to post as often as I can without impacting work too much. Guess I'll try to up that a bit to get to 25 so I can PM some folks I'd like to talk to.

Thanks for posting the question and the answer. Alan
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 16:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:

Brilliant stuff,

Thanks, that's just answered my question nicely.

I'm becoming addicted to this forum, there's so much information here, I'm getting a headache staring at the screen for hours. My poor kiddies are running around me aimlessly during the day while I'm engrossed in all this research.

Thanks everybody.
Banana
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 16:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 278/270/220
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Ain't it great

I concur on the wealth of information here in the forum. I see from your stats you are almost half way there. Great job!!! Is this WOL difficult in the UK???

Alan
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 05:52

BF:
Default Not Too Bad!!!

Hi there Alan,

Thanks for replying. I'm finding it OK over here in the UK to LC, the most difficult thing is when we are invited over to friends for dinner and I have to tactfully say that I'm on a LC diet and let them know what I cannot have. This is tricky 'cause the majority of stuff is carb that would be served. Also if you don't know about LC then you don't really know just how much food contains lots of it!

Hopefully though I can balance the rest of my days allowance just in case!

Shopping isn't too bad, although I found that initially the bill was higher. I've got three small kiddies who still need alot of fruit and veggies and don't eat heaps of meat, so I'm sort of buying two types. But one other thing I have noticed is that the 'bulk' of shopping is not there anymore 'cause I'm not buying so much premade stuff, rather fresh meats and produce, which is great really.

The things we don't have alot of are the LC treats as such. I went in to H&B a health food store, and the ladies didn't even understand my question when I asked if they had LC stuff, they suggested somethings which were loaded with it! We can buy if off the web but this can be pricey with p&p so not really feasible on a tight family budget!

Have tried a great bread recipe which has 3-4 carbs per slice which I got off the Low Carb in the UK,

http://www.low-carb.co.uk/gabis.htm

although I've yet to master how to bake it to the original size it grew to when it was proving!!! it keeps shrinking slightly!

Am really enjoying this WOE as I can eat all the yummy things I like, cheese, meat, roast chicken with the skin!!! cream, egg and bacon yum yum.

I haven't felt this good in a long time!

Byeee
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 19:30

Stats: 146/135/132
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Hello

Hi Banana
Since you can't do Private Messages yet, I thought I would ask you where you are from on this thread. Although we now live in Sydney, Oz, we used to live in West Sussex - East Grinstead to be precise!!
Look forward to hearing from you!!
Lucy
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 19:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Just a background on the 25 post to PM reasoning.

At one point in this forum's life, we had more private messages than actual posts. Many of the active members were inundated with private messages asking about ketosticks, induction rules, etc.

The amount of PM responses we were doing, actual took a lot of time, and prevented us from even answering public posts.

For this reason, we decided to only allow using private messages for those who already are active members, and have participated in the discussion.

It does have disadvantages, but the advantages outweight them. Itt encourages new members to ask questions, introduce themselves and let all of us get to know them. And once they are part of the community, they will have access to the PM.

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 08:18

BF:
Cool West Sussex

Hi there Lucy,

Thanks for writing to me. It's great being able to chat with people all over the world like this!

When did you move to Oz? What's it like? Nice and warm I bet. I live in 'sunny Worthing'!!!!!!! which isn't quite so sunny recently. The weather has been appalling and depressing!! Hubbie has really got the winter blues still, can't wait for the sun to come out and get the old barbie going again slap on the steaks and steaky bacon! all allowed of course of this diet!!!!

I've been here for 34 odd years, came over when I was a toddler with my brother and mum and dad from Prague. We were only just talking the other day about moving somewhere warm!!! Maybe one day when the kiddies are a little bit older.

How long have you been LCing? Do you enjoy it?

Speak to you soon
Banana
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 17:41

Stats: 146/135/132
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Banana
Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I had a very busy week.
In answer to your question, we moved to Oz almost 3 years ago. You cant beat the lifestyle - everything is so much more relaxed than in the UK, and of course the weather is great - not all the time - we do have rain, but there is a lot more sun than rain. Added to that, everything here is much cheaper than in the UK. I can't imagine how you can afford to LC in the UK as meat is so expensive. One of the things we found when we moved here was that meat is so cheap in comparison to UK prices!

My husband & I have been LCing for a couple of months now. Rog has lost 20 pounds and I have lost 9 - not quick enough for my liking, but at least it is going!

Get posting a lot then we can PM - I don't think you are allowed to give out email addresses here. Oh well.

Look after yourself,

Lucy
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 17:59

BF:
Default Postings?

Hi there LucyCL,

Great to hear from you. I'm green with envy re your weather over there!

Does postings mean number of replies as such or does it have to be number of new threads, cause I can't see any change to my numbers!!

Sorry message is so short, gotta go to bed, hubby's warning me to get off the computer and come to bed, it's so late!

Ta Ta 4 now
Banana
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 13:49
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Thumbs up My Question's answered!

I was wondering why I couldn't do the pm thing either... and now I know why. I can't say that I would do more pm's than public talking... but I understand the reasoning behind it... some of the ppl on here... the number of replies that they have... WOW... I am amazed! I wonder how much time is spent posting replies heheh. I would post more than I do if our didn't keep me so active! In fact.. I am being *paged* now... L8rs~
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 10:10

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Hi: I can't receive any PM's. I've been getting an email notifier telling me that someone tried to send me a private message, but that I'd reached me quota. Problem is, I've only received two PM's, and one of them was deleted the other day, and second was deleted yesterday after I received the email notifier.

Is 2 PM's my quota? If so, even after I've emptied the PM area of my one PM...I still can't receive msgs.

What do I do now?
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 10:25
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Jalilah,

You need to also empty your Sent folder Every time you send a pm to somebody, a copy is saved in the Sent folder, and these count toward your 10 message limit. You'll see the "jump to" folder menu at the top of the pm list, to the right.

That should do the trick.

Doreen
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 11:09

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
hi Jalilah,

You need to also empty your Sent folder Every time you send a pm to somebody, a copy is saved in the Sent folder, and these count toward your 10 message limit. You'll see the "jump to" folder menu at the top of the pm list, to the right.

That should do the trick.

Doreen

Okay, I'll try that. But I don't think I've sent but 2 or 3 PM's.

Thanks, Doreen!