Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 11:10

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 228/228/175 Female 70
BF:
Progress:
Default Has Anyone Had Success?

I have read a lot of the posts here and I am wondering if anyone has had success with this plan. It seems like many gain and never lose, is that true?
~Hippy Mama
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 11:39
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

This forum is chalk full of success stories. KIM every path has it's bumps.
Most of us posting here haven't arrived at goal yet, but that's why we're hear - to support and encourage each other along the way.

I would not have lost I have without this community, and foresee sticking around for the long haul.

So-in answering your question: not true.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 15:59

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I lost 53 pounds and kept it off for years until I got rheumatoid arthritis and had to go on massive amounts of steroids. I'm trying to stay off steroids and lose the weight again. My son is on this plan and lost around 30 pounds and has kept it off for several years now. It's an excellent plan that you can live on.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 12:00

Stats: 228/228/175 Female 70
BF:
Progress:

Yay! I am so glad to hear the success stories. It is motivating.

Thanks.
HM
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 12:08
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Oops wrong plan didn't do Schwarzbein Principle..but lost 85 on modified Atkins.

Last edited by lcgrrl2006 : Mon, Jan-26-09 at 12:19.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 12:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/225/185 Female 5"9
BF:
Progress: 58%

so glad you asked your question! its one of those that we sometimes think, but never ask. I love this way of life. thats the trick...its not about short term success. for some people the weightloss comes off slow, some its incredibly fast. Everyone is so different, but the one real guarentee is that if you stick with it, you will see results. It took me a long time to grasp this as a way of life and not a diet. if you do this as a diet, thinking that you can give it up after you lose the weight, it will not work. you have to learn how to work it. the people i know that have been successful do research. the discover recipes and learn how to make this a way of life. i made pizza crust this weekend out of cauliflower, egg, and mozzerella and it was AMAZING. i have to go outside of eggs, bacon, salad, and steak and learn how to make it your life and "just what you do." i had to want to make it work.
this forum is wonderful - i learned how to cook, how to eat, and really a lot about how to live with this way of eating.
i have lost a bit of weight and am still truckin, but the best part is i am not a cranky pants anymore, no more mood swings. i am never hungry - but i still love food. my blood sugar is stable and i have a mental clarity that i never had when i was "dieting" before. i have had way more success than just weight loss.

i am so glad you asked your question and hope you find your own success with this way of eating.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 12:15

Stats: 243/189/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

~Hippy Mama,

It's to early for me to tell if I have had success. But let's all do this together and report back from time-to-time.

I'm doing The Schwarzbein Principle and Pilates (purchased the machine off QVC two weeks ago). So I am hoping between the two I see results by Spring/Summer. I also like to do those Walk Away The Pounds tapes and usually do the 2-Mile one; it's only 30 minutes.

I really do believe in the low-carb way of living. Her books makes a lot of sense to me.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 16:55

Plan: Dr. Schwarzbein
Stats: 206/173/140 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress:

I don't think you can consider The Schwarzbein Principle "low carb" so to speak at over 100 carbs a day. When Atkins is considered low carb and you have between 20 and 45 carbs a day. As Schwarzbein would say it is all in "balance". Eating from each of the different food groups is not an easy task. I know it is the way I should eat but I am very into convenience (why I ended up 206 lbs in the first place). It is nice to read people's ideas and tricks on how they prepare for and prepare meals.
OOPS, maybe this is in the wrong place?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-09, 10:31

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

On Schwarzbein I'm only to eat 60 grams of carbs per day. It may not be easy but it is very healthy and very doable. I lost 53 pounds with it and had outstanding lab results and felt fantastic.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-09, 06:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hippy Mama,
I am now back on Schwartzbein and having GREAT success.
I had fallen off the wagon and shot back up to my beginning weight (ICESCREAM!!!)
I'm keeping at about 1200 calories, 3 BALANCED meals, mild exercise, NO CHEATING.
I had lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks.
I'm starting to lose at a slower rate of about a pound a week.
I'm quite satisfied!
I feel 20 years younger, have NO ACHES AND PAINS!
I have incredible energy.
I just never kept to the rules before.
You have to obey her balanced meal principle.
Also, eat less than she allows.
I think she allows WAY TOO MUCH food!!!
and that gives way to over eating and no weight loss.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-09, 07:53

BF:
Progress:

I want to start back strict with SP, and think I was eating too many carbs, like nuts, which are low, but still I was over-doing it. I need to start to keep track of the carbs, say keep it around 75-80. I can't seem to get under 190#.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 14:07

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I found the difference between TSP and Atkins is that Atkins has you count net carbs, TSP you count total carbs. I often found I was eating at Atkins level carbs just by the net carb count, even if my total carb count was higher.
I hope that makes a bit of sense.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-09, 06:59

BF:
Progress:

tigersue, actually I don't understand...what is the difference between total carbs and net carbs. Can you give an example?
Thanks, Tammy
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-09, 18:10

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 320/320/235 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

I'm just starting the schwarzbein plan. If anyone has lost more than 80 pounds on this plan, i need to know. I need to lose 100+ pounds. Thanks.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-10-09, 09:11

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
what is the difference between total carbs and net carbs. Can you give an example?
I can answer that: net carbs is total carbs minus fiber grams. some people also minus out sugar alcohols but be careful there; there is a school of thought that your body recognizes them and still produces insulin. IMHO it's easier to just count all carbs.