Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-05, 14:32

Plan: cut out carbs
Stats: 299.2/205.5/168 Female 173cm
BF:41%
Progress: 71%
Default Weight Loss Tip!!

never go more then 4 hours with out food, my GYN said today that if u starve ur self then the next time u do eat ur body holds on to it as long as possible incase it has to go through another fast so its prepared and u also hav to keep ur metabolism refueld as well, what i tend to do is have breakfast and then 3-4 hours later have a banana and then same between lunch and dinner might have a apple or something, has worked to, 22 pounds in 4months LOSS
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 19:15
Registered Member

Plan: High Protein/low carb
Stats: 198/190/190
BF:
Progress: 100%

snacking idealy is better than larger meals. Another thing is when you are taking appetite supressants that actually work. You don't feel hungry but your body definitely is. A protein shake between meals will do much for your metabolism
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 06:14

yeh but protein shakes tend to bulk u up and people with PCOS dont want a over load of protein, and i said to eat every 4 hours ish that IS snackin lol!! to supress apetite wud be best to drink a pint of water before a meal so u feel full up then takin supliments these people are on enough pills as it is lol

and apparently alot of hunger feelin doesnt mean ur bodys hungry it is telin u its dehydrated so try to feed ur thirst first D
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 14:06
Registered Member

BF:

I fail to see how 120 calories of whey protein that speeds up your metabolism is going to make you bulk up. I lift weights, my body needs quality protein. The more smaller meals you eat et al snacking the better it is at speeding up your metabolism. Bannanas i would believe would stall you more then a shot of protein but then again i don't know what the pcos concept is, i kind of went to unreplied threads and started replying. Since no one replied for 4 days to this thread thought i'd help it out.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 14:08
Registered Member

BF:

i was just agreeing with you on the every 3-4 hours. the snacking.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 07:59

wel if people are tryin to lose weight then addin 120 calories unecersary isnt gna help
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 23:11

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

Some people here watch calories, but I have found personally that calories (within reason) or number of meals have nothing to do with my PCOS or weight loss - for me it has more to do with keeping carbs low and my hormones balanced. I prefer to avoid bananas as they are very high glycemic!

I have also heard that resistance training is one of the best things you can do to heal insulin resistance, but I tend to become too muscular when I lift and didn't care for the look... vain I know, but oh well.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 08:43

resistance trainin? wats that?
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 09:17

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

It is weight-lifting - what Alex up there does. It also refers to things like Pilates (I'd like to try this someday, I might get better results than the weights which gave me bulky muscles). It's basically anything where you work your muscles against some sort of weight or resistance, like the latex rubber bands in Pilates.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 16:14

the gym ppl sed to me today that they wana cut my mins dwn on the cardio so i can do more work up in the weights, but surely for weight loss the cardio be beter? or was that just to get me fitter?