Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 120/125/95 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: -20%
Default nor cal newsletter

Hi all =)

I'm a low carber from northern california and am putting together a newsletter of all the low carb eating establishments, products, stores, tips and recipes for those of us in this area. If interested, please email *****

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:33
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Satihap,

I've just edited your post to remove your email addy - see Rule 6 of our forum rules.

Once you have made 25 posts, you can send and receive private messages and email addresses can be exchanges that way.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:38

BF:

ah- i see! thanks =) well, i guess if people are interested..reply to this thread then?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:53
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Satihap,

I just want to let you know that there is no need to make so many postings of the same questions. Everyone just gets confused if the same post appears in different forums. (And the dupes will all get removed )

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 15:29

Plan: PP
Stats: 183/165/145 Female 5'6
BF:41/39/20's
Progress: 47%

Hello from the south bay. I am interested in shopping and restaurant info for sure. Seems I read recently about some guys opening a LC store in the bay area. Read it in the San Jose Merc. I should try and find out where...
Rosie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 11:10

Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5'8''
BF:30%/26.2%/23%
Progress: 78%

Yes! Please find out!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 14:21

Hello Sknymonkey,
Satihap has never repiled to this post or to her recent post about NC/bayarea, so maybe we are on our own. I think the store I read about was in Cupertino, but I have since found one in MorganHill. It is small but carries a full compliment of Atkins products and many items w/ splenda; Hansen's sodas, Davinci syrups; many bread products including pizza dough and bagels as well as that thicknthin stuff, baking mixes, etc. These items come at a high price, so I am proceeding cautiously, trying only one or two things at a time. The store is called LoCarb Xpress and it is in Tennant Station off (left onto)Tennant Ave from 101N. It is near the Radio Shack.
Rosie

Last edited by p_rosie : Fri, Sep-19-03 at 17:00.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 15:56

BF:

hey guys- sorry about my absence.

yeah, greenbeanz (now known as castus) will be opening a store in san jose. their other stores are in fremont and san ramon. there is also a low carb store in cupertino- cupertino nutrition. that one is pretty stocked...a little less expensive but still pretty high prices. i wish we had a super walmart aruond here man! anyways, how's everyone doing? if you all wanna get together and hang out sometime lemme know =) also, if anyone wants to share shipping costs for online lc orders- let me know too!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 17:05

Thanks for the info.
Are you still interested in starting a news letter, Satihap?
You could PM me for my email address.
Rosie
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 04:13

Plan: Modified
Stats: 275/239.5/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 36%

I just joined this group. I started my low carb diet in the last week of July. The last time I weighed I had lost 23 pounds. There are NO low-carb stores in the area and not even a Wal-Mart. Vitamin World and GNC are the best places I have found up here and a few grocery stores are begining to stock some Atkins products finally. Anyone at all know of any places within 100 miles of here?
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 07:27

Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5'8''
BF:30%/26.2%/23%
Progress: 78%

Where is "here"?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 13:21

Stats: 265/215/210 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satihap
Hi all =)

I'm a low carber from northern california and am putting together a newsletter of all the low carb eating establishments, products, stores, tips and recipes for those of us in this area. If interested, please email *****

Thanks!

Hey, Satihap, I have seen your posts around here. I am in Stockton, (I think you said you went to Delta College for a while before moving on to UCD). I just wanted to drop a line and say that WE serve some things in our small coffee shop that are LC including a LC Mocha and LC Latte (ask for the LC Bay Latte - very good). By far the best thing out there (that I have tasted) Come by next time youre in town and I'll set you up with a free sample to get your opinion! The Low Carb Mochas and Lattes are 7 carbs each, compared to the 46 carb mochas at Starbucks! I wanted to do the diet, but had to keep my morning coffee (I get decaf during induction phase of Atkins). We also have started making salads and I have been developing some low carb sandwiches to put out the drive thru window. So far, the sandwiches are between 8 to 15 carbs. Wish me luck! I know we are not supposed to advertise, but you were asking. Coincedence I swear! The Cafe/drive-thru is at 526 West Ben Holt Drive (Exotic Java). We plan to expand out our Low Carb menu as we expand our regular menu. Come by and check us out!

Ask for Tony!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 13:22

Stats: 265/215/210 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress:

oops, i meant to quote your first post!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 14:22

BF:

thanks for the info! very helpful =) sounds good by the way..wish you were closer to the south bay!