Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-16, 15:56
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

I'll be repetitive here, but it's cathartic to write them down.

1. Buy clothes in the "regular" store or "regular" department and not the Big and Tall.
2. Like s-piper, comfortable in an airline seat. That's exactly what I do!
3. Related to #2, I'd like to feel comfortable flying in the commuter jets. I fly Southwest all of the time now, because they are all 737s. It would be cheaper and more convenient at times to jump on a Delta, or American flight, and most of them that fly from both Lincoln and Omaha are the commuter jets.
4. Run an entire 5k without stopping to walk.
5. Get off my BP meds.
6. Get off my CPAP!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-16, 22:59

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

My goals right now are:

Be able to swim freestyle a mile straight. I'm on the 2nd week of the Zero to One Mile program. Week 2 is 900 yards and I am blown away that I can do it easily.

Train for an August sprint triathlon down the shore. I am good now on the running and the swimming but biking intimidates me, so I have to get on that...
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-16, 15:36

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy0652
1) to not have to worry about 'seat size' when attending a movie, concert or other event.

Do you really worry about that?

The only things I worry about fitting into are airplane seats and rollercoasters. It never occurred to me to worry about concerts and particularly not movie theaters. In my experience the seats in movie theaters are huge, and the arms can be put up. I do always sit on the end of an aisle, though. Partially my anxiety issues, I feel better if I can make a quick "get away" if I should have an anxiety attack, and partially because I feel self-conscious squeezing by people at my size.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-16, 15:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMarvin
2. Like s-piper, comfortable in an airline seat. That's exactly what I do!

Yeah. It particularly chafes when the person in the seat next to me, regardless of size, doesn't have any problem with elbowing me in the ribs or manspreading into my leg room. Hey, I'm tall for a woman, I get that it's tough flying with long legs, but don't glare at me because your knee touched mine when I've already voluntarily crammed myself into an imaginary tiny space to avoid taking up more than my fair share!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-16, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/295.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: -3%

Right now, it's to have enough energy to be able to play with my daughters (they're 3 and 18mos) without getting totally worn out!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-16, 09:51

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-piper
Do you really worry about that?

The only things I worry about fitting into are airplane seats and rollercoasters. It never occurred to me to worry about concerts and particularly not movie theaters. In my experience the seats in movie theaters are huge, and the arms can be put up. I do always sit on the end of an aisle, though. Partially my anxiety issues, I feel better if I can make a quick "get away" if I should have an anxiety attack, and partially because I feel self-conscious squeezing by people at my size.

Yes S-Piper. I really do have to worry about that. I haven't even tried to fit into a roller coaster seat in years. And school auditoriums are not huge, and at least our movie theater does not have arms that can be put up, and some of them are not comfortable. A SIGNIFICANT portion of my extra weight is all in my butt and upper thighs, which makes seating very uncomfortable. So yep, definitely one of my non-scale goals - to be like most other people and not have to worry about the seat sizes anywhere.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-16, 10:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy0652
Yes S-Piper. I really do have to worry about that. I haven't even tried to fit into a roller coaster seat in years. And school auditoriums are not huge, and at least our movie theater does not have arms that can be put up, and some of them are not comfortable. A SIGNIFICANT portion of my extra weight is all in my butt and upper thighs, which makes seating very uncomfortable. So yep, definitely one of my non-scale goals - to be like most other people and not have to worry about the seat sizes anywhere.

Ah yes, school auditoriums. I haven't been in one of those in a while, but I can relate when it comes to university class rooms with the desk/chair combinations. I hate how they squash my stomach. Same with airplane seats. The seat I can fit into, but when I put the tray table down it doesn't go all the way because my stomach is in the way and it makes me feel really self-conscious. And, yeah, the movie theater thing...to be fair, I am used to living in big cities, so most of the movie theaters I frequent are big multiplexes. I have noticed at some of the arts theaters, though, that the seats are smaller.

I'm sorry you have to go through that.

I can relate to the amusement park thing. I haven't been brave enough to even attempt to get onto a rollercoaster in years either.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-16, 20:35

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-piper
Ah yes, school auditoriums. I haven't been in one of those in a while, but I can relate when it comes to university class rooms with the desk/chair combinations. I hate how they squash my stomach. Same with airplane seats.
Man, do i hate those desk/chair combos. But I was taking classes while I was pregnant, and was sitting in one of those the night before I went into labor. But that was awful. I haven't been on an airplane since 1994 and I think seats have gotten smaller since then, but as a rule I don't have an issue with seats for anything.

I've even gone on roller coasters with my grandson and had no problems fitting, but found I no longer really enjoy roller coasters.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-13-16, 10:15

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
  • Be that 50+ year old dude who can do a chin-up
  • Meet my great grandchildren
  • I'm already off all meds and I want to stay pharmaceutical free (if at all possible)
  • Live to see the day when worldwide diabetes and obesity rates are on the decline.

Those are GREAT ones!

I have this tentative plan to enter my forties thin, fit and finally a nurse (I'm in college now).
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-16, 00:30

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

To live a long and healthy life.
To take a 3+ mile hike without sore knees and feet.
To be an example to others.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-16, 06:57
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinlynnak
Mine is to sit on an airplane comfortably and be able to buckle the seatbelt!

that's an awesome goal.
with support from this forum, and journaling, I can't see why you can't reach it!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-16, 07:01
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
finally a nurse (I'm in college now).
good for you!
congrats on going to nursing school.

I would have to say.. I'd like to stay medication free, for the rest of my life.
I want to die as naturally as I came into the world.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-16, 09:29

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
good for you!
congrats on going to nursing school.

I would have to say.. I'd like to stay medication free, for the rest of my life.
I want to die as naturally as I came into the world.

Those are also great ones, and I agree! I would like to live as naturally as I possibly can. For one thing, I've got a nice kitchen garden every summer (Norway unfortunately doesn't lend itself to all-year outdoor gardens...)!

Long-term I would like the same as I want for my patients (on surgical rotation atm), meaning optimal health. It isn't always amazing health, because many of them have long-term health problems, but, OPTIMAL. As in, the best health achieveable.

Last edited by Equinox : Fri, Feb-26-16 at 09:35.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-16, 09:48

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

To be able to lift things again, without hurting my back.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-16, 10:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 388/373/250 Male 73 INCHES
BF:
Progress:

To be able to buy a hanging tree stand with a max weight of 300 and just use it instead of buying the fat boy "2 man stand" with a max weight of 500. I also want to be able to fit into a safety harness while on that tree stand, instead of having to rig up a special one with a rope.