Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1156   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 12:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/145 Female 70"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Annie,
Progress not perfection, ya know? Just dust yaself off, and start fresh. You can do this! One day at a time!
Much Serenity
Tammie
Sponsored Links
  #1157   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 12:59

Plan: No junk
Stats: 180/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 20%

Annie,
I don't know anyone who could experience a friend's death, and not let their emotions out in some way. I know you didn't want to express your grief in this way, but it's okay. You are doing a wonderful job, and tommorrow is another day.
Mary
  #1158   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 19:42

Plan: high fat paleo
Stats: 238/215/165 Female 5foot 7inches
BF:yes
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnfae
I am still somewhat of a grazer, unfortunately. I eat when I am bored. So I try to find other things to do. I come here. I play games. I am a smoker, so I smoke more. When I cook, now I cook less food. I cook just enough for my husband to have 2 servings, and for me to have one. We have 2 different sized plates, larger dinner ones that my hubby uses, (he is a rail) and smaller what I call luncheon plates, and I only use those. Keeping the bars in the Garage would not stop me, I would bring the whole box in and eat them anyways. Just can't have them .

Hey another grazer - though apparently it can actually help weight loss if you build it in.

http://www.mercola.com/2002/jan/30/meals.htm
  #1159   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 05:00

Plan: On my own
Stats: 250/244/135 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi,
On day 3 and I am doing ok. I hope everyone else is doing good. I just hope my nose won't become glued to my school book with all my studying and this extremely cold weather.

Annie
  #1160   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 08:05

BF:

Hi,
I hope everyone is doing good. I am still studying I will be glad when tuesday get here I am ready to be done!

Annie
  #1161   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/125 Female 5 3
BF:
Progress:

I am a compulsive overeater. I guess I have known it for quite sometime now just didnt know where to go to admit it. I eat because food tastes good and I am bored or nervous. Sometimes I can sit and eat lots of food at one sitting. I am a meat and cheese lover, that is one reason I decided to do atkins. It helps to know I am not alone here!
Gwen
  #1162   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 12:34
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack
Progress: 0%

Welcome!

Yeah... funny how we eat because of feelings. I used to think that I was always hungry... then I figured out that I wasn't hungry. Just Angry, Tired, Lonely, happy, sad, crazy...

Now that I don't eat for feelings, I get to feel them. At first that sucked... now I wouldn't have it any other way.

John
  #1163   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 15:30
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Ditto....

Although I still sometimes eat over feelings. But I'm much better than I used to be. Progress not perfection.
  #1164   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 19:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/165/145 Female 68.5
BF:
Progress: 33%

You guys may eat over feelings...but I tend to eat and PURGE over feelings. I think it has to do with a lot of crap going on and not having a voice. One day....one day.

Jen
  #1165   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 19:43

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviestr20
You guys may eat over feelings...but I tend to eat and PURGE over feelings. I think it has to do with a lot of crap going on and not having a voice. One day....one day.

Jen

Hi there,
I dont have experience with bulimia but my heart goes out to you. We all have our trials and tribulations in our everyday life and have to find ways to cope with them. Today I struggled immensely with them. I am nearing T.O.M and my weight is back at 217 from 215. I havent exercised since last friday since hubby is on days now so basically I have to use my own motivation to exercise which will be hard. In the past I have thought of purging because I kept thinking of all my wasted efforts. But then I read online all the things that could happen to me and then I looked at my son and decided it wasnt worth it. I hope that you find peace. Many hugs and god bless...
  #1166   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 02:38

BF:

Hi Everybody,
Sorry I've been M.I.A. I get into spurts where I post soo much and then I dont. Wait till hubby goes out to sea again and then I'll be on here forever Last week I went through hard times with binging on the christmas candies and cookies. I forgave myself and moved on though and now I feel like I have gotten back into the groove of things again. It was so depressing how I went to the store last week, and actually felt like crying for all the things that I couldnt eat. How horrible is that? I know I need to concentrate on all the yummy things I can eat. How is everyone else? Its pretty quiet here lately..
  #1167   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 06:00

BF:

Hi,
sorry I have not been by. I am extremely stressed out about my daughter; and my hubbys work situation. I am having a hard time talking. It really unnerves me to see my hubby upset. I am the usual one who falls apart not him.
I am on day 15 abstinant but my hubby says I am a crab apple. I am just tired and am definetly ready for this vacation.

Naomi - I went through the same thing when I was diagnosed with food allergies. my first holiday was the same i cried too much. I told my family to eat all they wanted of the foods i could not have away from home. out of sight out of mind works very well for me. I have been drinking allot of christmas tea especially ginger and peppermint. that helps me allot.

Annie
  #1168   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 06:05
See, I smile :)

Plan: A Version of My Own ;)
Stats: 208/141.5/135 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:43%/26%/???
Progress: 91%

Hi Naomi. I've been having some white knuckle moments myself. I have almost cried over the "things I couldn't have" at times...I think mostly, and especially now, sometimes wondered why I've put myself on such a self-limiting way of eating? I almost wished I'd never done it. Even the littlest binges leave me sick.

But, I know deep down that this is the only way.

I'm glad to hear you feel back in the groove. If I don't check in before then, I hope all here have a safe, sane, holiday season.
  #1169   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-05, 08:43

BF:

Hi
I hope everyone is doing great.

Annie
  #1170   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 20:49

BF:

Hi everyone,
I just want to thank everyone here soo much for being here. My little update. Weight is up to 218.2 from 215. Its not too bad considering. Tomorrow I go to my grandparents for christmas and we will be eating chipino. Its a seafood dish. I hope I have the strength not to eat any of the sweet treats. G randma said she'll be sure to help me not to overeat so that is good.