Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1141   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 10:51

Plan: No junk
Stats: 180/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 20%

I hope everyone is doing great this week!
I had a small binge last night, but didn't go overboard. And afterwards, I kind of had a revelation about why I overeat. Someone recommended the book Body Intelligence to me, and I've started reading it. It is great, it's made me realize a lot of my reasons for bingeing. It's also not too overwhelming or complicated or focused on dieting. It's just about being aware which I understand is really important for getting bingeing under control. Anyway, I'm really enjoying reading it.
Wishing you all a good week.
Mary
Sponsored Links
  #1142   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 15:03
See, I smile :)

Plan: A Version of My Own ;)
Stats: 208/141.5/135 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:43%/26%/???
Progress: 91%

Hi Mary, thanks for the heads up on the book. I looked it up and it looks like a very informative read. I really need to work on that mind-body connection, as in, I left my mind in my old body and it just isn't working that way!

I'm still having some small binges (every binge is small in comparison to those before LC), and I am learning something with every one. Not trying to spin a silver lining out of them, but I guess if we learn enough as to why, maybe we will be able to keep them under control.

Hope all here is having a good one...it's Wednesday already!
  #1143   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 17:57

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey guys, I thought I'd mosey on over here because I'm obsessed with food.

When I wake up, I'm thinking about lunch. While I'm eating lunch I'm thinking about dinner. And so on. You know how it goes. ;( I read cookbooks for fun, I surf internet recipe websites. I probably wander over to the kitchen and look through the cabinets/fridge for something to snack on at least 10-15 times every day. I just love eating!!!! I love food. I love the way it tastes. I love the way it feels in my mouth. I love feeling full. I love everything about it. I'm just lucky I have a fairly fast metabolism, or I would probably weigh at least 100 lbs more than I do.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi, and I'd like to join you all! I'd like to kick my snacking habit right in its ample butt.
  #1144   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 20:37

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn
Hey guys, I thought I'd mosey on over here because I'm obsessed with food.

When I wake up, I'm thinking about lunch. While I'm eating lunch I'm thinking about dinner. And so on. You know how it goes. ;( I read cookbooks for fun, I surf internet recipe websites. I probably wander over to the kitchen and look through the cabinets/fridge for something to snack on at least 10-15 times every day. I just love eating!!!! I love food. I love the way it tastes. I love the way it feels in my mouth. I love feeling full. I love everything about it. I'm just lucky I have a fairly fast metabolism, or I would probably weigh at least 100 lbs more than I do.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi, and I'd like to join you all! I'd like to kick my snacking habit right in its ample butt.

Hi Kallyn,
Welcome!! I am the same way. I love to have a party going on in my mouth.I eat when I'm happy, bored, sad, etc. Unfortunately I wasnt blessed with the fast metabolism. I'm getting control over my food slowly but surely. I have greater control when I exercise. For some reason I feel if I exercise I dont want to muck up the rest by not eating properly. Maybe you can surf the net about special recipes that coordinate to your plan? I'm sure we'll kick the snacking habit. I'm with ya! Lots of water! Have a great one

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I've been doing okay. Not the greatest on the food lately but my weight is still at 217. Time to get the scale moving again..and be more focused
  #1145   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 11:27

Plan: On my own
Stats: 250/244/135 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi,
Welcome Kallyn!

I am glad we all have each other to lean on.I am so grateful I have my internet friends.

I am having a rough day today. My best friend Charles passed away this morning. My grief is beyond words.

I am so glad you all are here.

Annie
  #1146   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 11:51
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
I am having a rough day today. My best friend Charles passed away this morning. My grief is beyond words.

ANNIE!!!!!!!!

I'm soooo soooo sorry to hear this! I wish there was something I could do. I'm here for you.

*HUGS*
  #1147   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 11:54

Plan: A lifestyle change
Stats: 270/248/186 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Annie,
I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you.
  #1148   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 14:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/145 Female 70"
BF:
Progress: 0%

((((((((((Annie))))))))))))) I am sorry for your loss.
Tammie
  #1149   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 15:26

BF:

Hi Annie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends passing. Try and not let your grief get the best of you by eating out of emotion...Big Hugs.....
  #1150   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 15:29

BF:

Hi everyone,
How's everybody doing? Any struggles going on inside ourselves? I know that lately I've been having thoughts about eating bad almost like I'm fantasizing about eating lots of gooey stuff. Its horrible. I am so happy that I dont keep any of that crap in the house because if I did it would have been gone the last couple of days. Its so much easier when hubby is home than when he's out to sea. I talked hubby into supporting me lowcarbing by saying that I was going to do south beach. So I went and printed a whole bunch of phase 1 friendly recipes and plan to go get lots of yummy low carb foods. I am happy to report that my weight is 215.6 today!!!
  #1151   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 05:58
Always Shining

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Annie,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing the ones we love is incredibly difficult......sending prayers and healing feelings your way.

Hugs to you!
  #1152   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 16:29

BF:

Hi everyone,
Hows everyone doing? I've been doing pretty good. Scale is up to 216 because I went to a dinner party last night and had soo much fun but back at the old drawing board I go. Nothing really exciting here, just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone
  #1153   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 20:24
See, I smile :)

Plan: A Version of My Own ;)
Stats: 208/141.5/135 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:43%/26%/???
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQgal
Hi,

Annie

Annie, I'm thinking of you. I am sorry for your loss.
  #1154   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 12:04

Plan: On my own
Stats: 250/244/135 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi All,
I was working on my 14 day of abstinance and I binged today. It is so complicated. I wrote about it in my journal. I binged over my friend Charles. I am just very sad because people are coming to me and asking questions that his daughter should be answering not me. People are fussing at me because there was no death notice or service.

Tuesday dec 6th will be day one for me again.

Annie
  #1155   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 12:19

BF:

Annie- You have a clean slate now. I believe in you! You can overcome any emotions that you may have. Trust me I have binged many times over emotion. I just wanted something to make me feel better but in the end it just made me feel worse. Make today be the best you can hugs..