Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Feb-12-10, 18:12

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

That was a very good discussion! I ordered chelated magnesium after I read it and I'm going to bump up my pottasium. I'm sure it will take a while to feel better but at least I will be helping myself!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-10, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 241/220/157 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

This might not be of any help, but I am extremely tired constantly. I realized that tired of not I have to get up and do the exercise. Once you start the exercise you get the energy to finish it.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-19-10, 07:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

Suppliments really helped me. this time. Last time I stopped dieting because it got so bad I had got weak just trying to walk up the hill to feed my horses in the pasture. I did induction for 4 months and 45 minutes a day of jogging on the treadmill plus a two mile walk and light weight lifting. I didn,t loose more weight doing all that and started getting heart flutters at night. The odd thing was the walking up the hill carring a few flakes of alfa alfa was the hardest thing to do. Something about the hill. I had the same trouble trying to go up steps. This time from the beginning I have taken flaxseed oil , acidophilus , magnesium ,potassium gluconate and a mulit for active adults. I am full of energy and feel great several going into my third month on 10 to 15 carbs. per day and the weight is flying off. This time I am doing the weight lifting and walking a few miles per day but not the really heavy cardio workout . I will add that in when I stall or the weight loss really slows down.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-10, 13:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

I teach group exercise classes, so I couldn't blow off teaching my class when all I wanted to do was to go home and go to bed when I first started low carbing. I was evern fearful that I would pass out sometimes. What I found is that after I got thru the first 20 or 30 minutes of class, I felt much better. About 4 weeks in I wasn't dreading the work outs.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-10, 23:03

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I have upped my carbs a bit and rotate them now. On up carb up days I strength train, on carb down days, I do cardio. My intensity is improving alot.

I'm glad I don't have to walk up hill to feed the horses. Mine are 100ft from the door and come to me for there grain. I do walk one of them, 1 ml daily, she was injured badly and gets very stiff if I don't make her walk. Its good for me too.

Thanks