Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 15:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/235/180 Female 6 ft.
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Valentine's Day

Does anyone have any plans for a Valentine's Day menu? Going out? Ignoring the day? Just wondering what others were doing...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 16:11
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

I'm making dinner at home. I just went grocery shopping after my gym workout today (especially since we're getting a helluva storm here tomorrow). I found porterhouse steaks on sale, so I'll either broil them or have DH grill them. I'll be doing some lovely veggies on the side...caprese salad, some broccoli? But the real kicker will be my intent to ATTEMPT LC chocolate creme brulee. It should be interesting...
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 18:24

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5
Progress: 0%

We have date night on Thursdays, so we agreed to wait, We will do NO CHOCOLATES, etc. We will do ONLY cards!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 14:33
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Smart thinking! The only chocolate we'll have I will be controlling. I think one of the greatest gifts this WOL has given me was the idea of finding ways OTHER THAN food to celebrate, comfort, commiserate and love. (Kindly keep the responses clean here! LOL)
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 17:47

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz8605
this WOL has given me was the idea of finding ways OTHER THAN food to celebrate, comfort, commiserate and love. (Kindly keep the responses clean here! LOL)

Thank goodness you put on that disclaimer.

I am doing LC mac n cheese. That is my husbands MAIN comfort food, well it was. I am using Dreamfields elbows and Ragu's cheese sauce. 8 total carbs. He'll think he died and went to heaven. Then I'll kill him with kisses!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 11:30

Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

ignoring. just back from 4 day conference in DC. Ate way too many carbs in past four days (ugh). celebrated with my valentine on the 13th instead with a carb-free concert - went to see Rickie Lee Jones.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 11:34
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Well, we over-indulged in "legal" foods...and never even got to my chocolate dessert (which is still in the fridge). I'm bloated but not too far gone. Jkmfrog, I put a "starting over" message in my journal...wanna join me? How'd everyone else do?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 14:38

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%

No candy exchanges, thank goodness!
Hubby and I went out to dinner Sunday (because he was going to be out of town on the 14th), and I allowed myself to have whatever I wanted (and did pretty OK with being reasonable. I got so "full" so quickly, that I even declined icecream at the end - which really isn't like me at all!)

So I didn't need to worry about what was for dinner last night. In fact, it was a nice, big rotisserie chicken - the legs for me, thank you.

The kids came home today with a ton of candy from school (it was a snow day yesterday) - I told them to eat it quickly...or it would disappear (most likely, if I'm tempted by it, I'll be throwing it out).
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 14:39

Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

Lisa - I'm in. I feel sort of sick/carb hung over/yucky. It will do me some good to make a fresh start.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 18:56
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmfrog
Lisa - I'm in. I feel sort of sick/carb hung over/yucky. It will do me some good to make a fresh start.

Been there, done that! And you know sometimes when I haven't even "strayed" that much I can feel SO completely off.

Today has been a clean day for me and it feels great. Actually I'm kind of low on my calories, which can happen. But I'm just going to snack and listen to my body and finish with a warm cup of tea and it should do well by me!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 16:22

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 270/210/150 Female 65 inches
BF:50?/VERY/22
Progress: 50%

Me too! I have been feeling crappy since before v-day, and I'm certain the lc chocolate dh surprised me with are not helping! (It was so surprising sweet and thoughtful of him though I had to have some... ) I will save the rest for another occasion and start over this evening!