Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  A Way of Life, *Not* a Diet

View Article Article tools
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 06:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Congrats Lucy!

I wish I was 40 pounds lighter!

I really appreciate you sharing your insights with us.

It has been a big help to me reading your story!

Dave
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 18:01

Plan: own
Stats: 204/138/119 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Smile thank you lucy

undefinedundefinedhello lucy,thanks so much for taking time to explain exactly what it took for you to get to goal.i have lost alot of weight but am struggling with the last stone. you answered a couple of questions i was worried about including the advice on calories and weight training.i feel exactly the same about exercise but your post has given me the boost i need. congratulations -you look really slim,thanks again'

diane
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 22:11

Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

Thank you, diane, for such a nice comment! Wow--congratulations on your weight loss...you have done so well.

It might be good that you have kept the last stone on for a bit...let your body "settle out" before it drops any more weight. Not a scientifically-based opinion, but I meandered the last little bit before reaching my goal...wanted it to "stick."

I am so glad! that you found a "boost" in my bit about exercise...I really am a lazy soul, but I am doing the best I can...and it's so much nicer just to accept myself. After all, aren't we better people if we do difficult things than if we only do things that we find easy?

best of luck...I am posting this here bcs you don't have a journal...let me know how you are doing...feel free to drop by my journal anytime.

Cheers

Lucy
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 09:25

Plan: own
Stats: 204/138/119 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Smile hello lucy

hello lucy
today i have started to get myself organised for exercise-found some handweights and have a tae bo dvd. so i am definately going to get started and will stick to low carb but keep to 1100 or 1200 calories.see-you have given me a push to keep going to target,i am not near accepting myself yet
now i just need to organise myself to make time-i have 3 children,ages 16,2 & 1 and hope to lose the rest of this weight as soon as possible.
i saw your journal and seeing your progress really helps,its great to see so many that agree low carb eating works.i am not very familiar with the site but will have a look at how to start a journal.

take care
diane
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 08:55

Stats: 247/246/130 Female 5 foot 2.5 inches
BF:47%/32.0%/22.5%
Progress: 1%

Lucy it is so nice to read your success story... I have been having a real slow time lately but do not want to give up so I am perusing this success story section.... I know I have to add some concentrated exercise into my routine... especially the strength building part... I think I have been relying on my retail job which involves a lot of walking and lifting.... I think I may just start out dancing in my living room to some music channels and getting my heart rate up...eventually maybe buy some kind of bowflex or other lifting type machine so I can work out at home.... between the different shifts my hubby and I work and having a small child with Down syndrome, I can not always leave the house at a moments notice and the 14yr old should not always have to babysit... he needs some time to himself also...

but especially, thanks for the inspiration
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 16:17

Plan: GENERAL
Stats: 155/145/130 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Lucy, I really needed to hear your story. It has inspired me to really get serious about low carbing and to post for the first time! Thanks a bunch!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 11:31

Stats: 242/242/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Thank you Hi Five (Lucy) for your story

This is my first time to visit this forum and my first entry into this lifestyle. I was inspired by your story Lucy because I, too, have been eating what I considered to be a whole foods healthy regime. My fat was aquired through a sendentary lifestyle and obsessively eating all the right foods, in HUGE amounts. I am 87 lbs to my goal and this is my first day, but, seeing your post made me realize that I can live this lifestyle and do it within what I consider to be healthy; (whole foods, less meat, daily exercise and weight training). My experience has been with folks who ate nothing but meat and cheese and lost weight while sitting down. Their bodies look flabby and they don't seem well. I have misjudged this eating/living plan by watching the progress of a few people. So, today, inspired, I am learning and doing.
Thank you!
Carla
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 15:57

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lucy,
You look wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and providing us with inspiration.
Susan