Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 09:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/183/140
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Professor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet

I have just read Professor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet £7.99 W.H Smiths It’s the same as Atkin with out the waffle. It’s simplistic in its explanation, very inspirational and has lots of menus and simple exercises at the back. Well worth it for the recipes alone.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-05, 06:00

Plan: New High Protein Diet by Dr Charles Clark
Stats: 202/202/161 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

Dear Chris,

I used the New High Protein Diet myself and lost 3 stone 6 lb over about 10 months (with the odd day off here and there for birthdays and other celebrations). I prefered it to the Atkins diet as it was far easier to understand and with far less rules.

D
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-05, 04:52
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I might give it a try, I think I need something new to insire me and get me out of this slump of being unable to stick to a plan for more than 2 days
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-05, 14:52

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I've been following the CC plan for the last six months or so, finally beginning to get results That slice of bread he allows makes all the difference for me
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-05, 08:01
Yo-Yo

Ive just bought his new one the low gi low carb diet do you think this will be much different to the high protien??
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 15:30

BF:

Sorry, haven't read the new one, but I suspect it will be very similar - after all, the principle still works so why muck it up just to run with the latest gizmo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburnikell
Ive just bought his new one the low gi low carb diet do you think this will be much different to the high protien??
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 17:49
Yo-Yo

glad to hear now I just need the motivation to get me back on track!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 12:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 224/168/154 Male 175
BF:
Progress:

HI Chris,
THats a real coincidence as I just read a review of his latest book in the LowCarb and Atkins monthly (www.atkinsmonthly.com) Seems like the new book is quite good. I have the new high protein diet (the one with the blue cover) And i'm slowly working my way through the recipes. So far most are very nice indeed.
All the best,
NBT
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 00:18

Plan: Dr. Charles Clark
Stats: -/-/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

I just ordered his book, (the original one, but would greatly appreciate knowing what foods he forbids, so I can start to phase myself into it while I await book shipment. I live in Kansas in the U.S. Thanks so much in advance.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 14:08

BF:

Basically, the forbidden foods list is pretty much the same as Atkins, with the exception that one slice of wholemeal bread per day is permitted - the starting level of carbs is 40g or less as opposed to 20g on Atkins induction.

The diet is also more directed to the UK market than Atkins is, eg the recipes are measured by weight rather than in cups etc.

Good luck, hope it works for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by megonly
I just ordered his book, (the original one, but would greatly appreciate knowing what foods he forbids, so I can start to phase myself into it while I await book shipment. I live in Kansas in the U.S. Thanks so much in advance.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 00:59

Plan: Dr. Charles Clark
Stats: -/-/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks, Sylvia!

I am eager. I went to my library today and found two books on L.C. lifestyle. I am deep into reading them, and anxious for my book by Dr. Clark. I think the additional carbs sound very sensible, and will relish the one slice of bread. Better one than a half dozen as I used to eat.

Best wishes to you,

megonly
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 13:21

BF:

You're welcome, megonly, and best wishes to you too.

Let us know how you get on once you've got the book.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-11-05, 03:13

Plan: Charles Clark is closest
Stats: 162/147/140 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

The difference I noticed is that he uses "pure" foods i.e. no replacements / frankenfoods, and puddings are out - probably because he doesn't have a processed food empire to promote. It has been some time since I read it but I really like the plan and have been roughly following it for some time now. Having used Splenda and other sweet substitutes etc in the past I do feel it has worked much better for me to drop the sweet stuff completely and then re- introduce perhaps small amounts of high-quality chocolate.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-17-09, 10:04

Plan: the new high protein diet
Stats: 252/154/140 Male 5 11
BF:
Progress: 88%

HI I HAVE JUST STARTED ON (THE NEW HIGH PROTEIN DIET) AND I HAVE READ THE BOOK OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WHAT I DO LOVE ABOUT THE BOOK IN THAT I DONT AFTER WORRY ABOUT MY CALORIES INTAKE AS LONG AS I CAN KEEP MY CARBS DOWN. MY CARBS INTAKE ARE FROM 15g TO 20g FOR THE DAY. WHICH I AM REALY HAPPY ABOUT AS I FIND COUNTTING CARBS ALOT BETTER THAN COUNTTING CALORIES. THE ONLY THING IS I THINK I GO OVER MY CALORIES INTAKE FOR THE DAY SOME TIMES 3,000 TO 3,500 IS THIS BAD? BUT IT DOSE SAY IN THE BOOK NO MATTER HOW MANY CALORIES I HAVE I WANT PUT ON WEIGHT AS LONG AS I KEEP MY CARBS DOWN. IS THIS RIGHT OR WRONG WOULD LOVE YOUR INFO ON THIS THANKS VERY MUCH ANDY
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 10:10
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Charles Clark
Stats: 166/166/130 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Guys

I have just bought this book and have only skim read it so far but it looks great and seems to make sense! How those of you that have already started getting on? And how does this plan differ from atkins?