Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
GOAL! 55 lbs gone FOREVER!
Posted by Maerow
Posted Tue, Mar-13-07
Female 65 inches
Plan: atkins maintenance
Stats: 185/133.6/130
BF:
Progress: 93%
Talking GOAL! 55 lbs gone FOREVER!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooot! I can finally post in this forum! And with pictures!

The before picture of me isn't the worst one, I really need to bust that one out and scan it in, I was much bigger then that. I started gaining weight after I quit my job at Petsmart, and took a desk job that had me planted on my butt 9 hours a day. I went from walking every where all day to absolutely static practically overnight, and the lbs started packing on when I continued to eat at the same pace as when I was active.

The worst of it was I was a carb addict, and a junk food addict. I would get an egg mcmuffin BREAKfast meal at McDonalds in the morning, eat some kind of carby sandwich or pasta for lunch, two packs of M&Ms or a snickers bar, for each of my two BREAKs. Then I would get food on the way home, usually taco bell bean burritos or McDonalds or some other horrible fast food dinner. Then there was all the soda.

I went from 155 lbs to 185 lbs in about a year or so. I tried to ignore it, and bought stretchy clothes and generally avoid looking at myself. Finally though I couldn't keep ignoring myself. I caught a glimpse of myself in the upstairs bathroom mirror before my shower, and I could see the reflection of my face in my computer monitor. I was NOT happy with what I saw, and finally I decided to make a change. I had never dieted before (I was a loner, a computer geek, and never entered the dating scene) and I really, really, really didn't want to.

Thankfully though my mother suggested Atkins, as she was using it to lose weight and to regulate her diabetes.

So I started atkins back in 7/16/05, almost two years ago. I dropped the weight quickly at first, from 185 lbs down to 155 lbs, then I sort of stopped worrying about it. I looked semi-skinny at 155, though still pudgy, and that was good enough for me at the time...I wasn't dating and had lost the weight soley for me.

Then I met my future fiance. Suddenly 155 lb felt kinda fat still, and he made an off hand comment that I really took to heart. Now I know he didn't mean it like it sounded, but it was the poke I needed to get out of maintenance (I was holding steady at 155 lbs) and start loosing more weight. It was very slow going near the end. I got frustrated and irritated and annoyed, but I never gave up. I told myself...what I have RIGHT NOW is better then being pudgy and fat. And it's true that if you keep working on it, eventually you will get what you want.

Finally I made it! My goal originally was 135 lbs, it sounded impressive to me when I was 185, and felt impossible. But as I got closer, I wanted more wiggle room, so I changed my goal to 130, so I could bounce between 130-135 lbs due to water weight and being female and not worry about the fluctuations. The scale the last few days has bounced between 129 - 130 lbs!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

THANK GOD!

Now for the funner part...and the next leg of the adventure. MAINTENANCE! I am told this part can be worse then actually losing weight (we will see!) but I am ready for the challenge!

Anyway, keep at it, if I can do it, anyone can!

Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by Wildflowr6 on Tue, Mar-13-07, 20:11

Congratulations!!! You look incredible!