Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  From 260 to 180

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 19:24

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Smile

that's so good, good for you, sometimes it helps just not to let everyone know, and just go about your day and your eating, I am to that point, people try to sabbotage me when i tell them I am eating low carb...............hugs, great job, and you deserve it.....we all deserve to be happy. I know once i lose the rest of my weight and move out of this town I will be happier, things get better eventually if we try and focus. have a wonderful day, Gina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-04-06, 01:22

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Do you have any before and after pics to share?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-04-06, 04:23

Plan: South Beach (restart)
Stats: 330/267.5/190 Female 65"
BF:47.5%
Progress: 45%

Congratulations! And applause as it takes courage to find what works for you. I found much in your message that spoke to where I'm at, and like you, I want to keep going forward, finding what works, forgiving what doesn't and make progress - even if it isn't perfect progress...

Hope you will come around from time to time!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/180/180 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Here's the before...

Oh my...

I'll take a picture and post and 'after' soon.

I was such a different person then. There have been so may good things in my life that have occured as a result of losing the weight - and it's not just that I look better and feel better. It's an attitude thing. A determination to never give up - on anything.

Now that I've done it, I've realized it's not *really* about the weight - it's about being happy and fulfilled.

If you've just started, be happy that you are pursuing a goal that will make you healthy and strong.

If you meet up with obstacles, it means you are going in the right direction. Nothing worthwhile in life has no obstacles. Push on.

When you despair, realize that it is something we all have at times. Don't beat yourself up. Be good to yourself, give it time to pass, and like the rain must eventually end, so will this feeling. When it does, push on.

Don't postpone being happy until you lose the weight you want. Our beauty lies in our minds and our hearts - you just want the outside to reflect the inside. Losing weight won't make you happy. Being happy will make you lose weight.

It might take longer than you expect. You might stall. People around you might not be all that helpful. You might even give up at times. Be happy knowing these are the all the signs you are moving in the right direction, and that no one and nothing can stop you.

Skrat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before-LC.jpg (59.3 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Skrat : Sun, May-14-06 at 10:56.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 13:32
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

This has got to be one of my favourite success stories - it is so encouraging and laid back. I especially liked hearing about the stalls - not because I'm a fan of people stalling, but because you've shown that despite these experiences, it's possible to simply carry on and eventually start losing weight again. Stalls can be disheartening, and I'm so encouraged to hear that if you just keep on keeping on, making tweaks here and there, the weight will *eventually* come off.

I see so many stories in here of people who lost large amounts of weight in a very short period of time, and it really helps to hear from those who took awhile but still achieved success. Thank you so much for posting this!

I'm one who has stalled for a long time too, and while I'm no superstar at exercising my behind off or being perfect at LC'ing...I'm still here and haven't given up. I look at those who've managed to lose the weight relatively quickly and think of them as super heroes or something. Sometimes I think to myself, "Why can't I be good at this too?"

And yet, I find your story and realize that there are lots of us who'll take awhile at this and the key is to keep it up, no matter how long it takes. And you're so right about the fact that LC'ing is by far easier to sustain over the long haul than any other "diet".

Congratulations on your success
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 17:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/180/180 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ok - you got the before and after pics now...
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 00:11

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

awesome testimony Skrat! thanks for sharing!! your an inspiration!

Article tools