Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#991   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 08:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig, thirty eight cents for a dozen eggs?? That is CRAZY!! Wow!! We don't go through a ton of eggs but I would definitely buy a couple of dozen.

For my LC meatloaf, I grind up pork rinds and parmesan as a sub for breadcrumbs and then use one egg. Those plus spices along with two pounds of meat, usually a blend of ground beef and a meatloaf mix with ground pork and veal. Feeds our family plus half left over for lunches or leftovers (or freezing.)

You might have more snow coming than we do. I bet we have off tomorrow or at least a delay even though they are calling for next to nothing. So far this has been our third year in a row of next to no snow, just little one to one and a half inchers. A few years ago we had massive snowfalls and then nada.

Lori- Hugs to you, hon. I hope your rest helps you to feel better. Your goal is an awesome one but I wonder if it is making you feel a lot of pressure too? I know you will work this through in your own time and in your own way. Meanwhile, more hugs!

Jaz- tell us what you think of the townhouse!

•••••••••

Tiptoeing through a wacky schedule this week of midterm exams. Some days he gets out at noon, some days at two, some days he doesn't have to be there until 10:15. Every day is different so I've written it out to refer to. Now throw in schedule changes for snow!

I'm taking play snack in today- apples and bananas, water, and trying a new recipe for double marshmallow Krispie treats. It looks amazing. I'll get his feedback on how it is.

Tonight is wings again- trying to do some of DS19's favorites before he returns to college on Sunday. This time I bought a whopping EIGHT POUND bag since four had not been enough. I guess I will freeze some of them since I can't even fit all those in my oven I don't think!

Taking DS16 to the Apple store at 3 so they can help him figure out what is wrong with his computer. Then jammie time!

Have a good day, all!
Sponsored Links
  #992   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 08:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, ahhh, so hear ya on the winter blahs! and yes the cold and more will effect the sinus in your head I know on that one, if one breaths cold air too much you can also give yourself an ice cream headache!...believe me I know this LOL I am right there with ya on moving. I never hit the dreadmill and never hit a walking tape or anything. Got 0 desire to move. Winter is after all about hibernation for many species, I am included in that also HA HA

Nicco, a whopping 8 lb bag of wings. Oh my those should be wonderful! I want to eat over your place! Wings are such a great item for a meal. Filling, fun, tons of flavors to make them, snacky hand food but just delish!

I hate pork rinds but never did grind them up into anything...but even my egg changes the 'density' of the burger from a burger to a 'meatloaf' I think for me....I think also that tiny bit of gravy over it changes it into a real meatloaf for me LOL

Never thought of parm cheese in it and I will definitely try this. I think it will 'umpfff' up the flavor for sure...thanks for the info on that

JAMMIE TIME! I am sweatpants and long sleeve soft fluffy shirt time here, I think I owned 1 pair of jammies in my life, other than that I sleep in 'super soft sweatpants I buy or tops and shorts and Tshirts etc....kinda like if I have to leave the house I am dressed in the middle of the night thing Old days I did the lingerie, but needless to say that was ALL for hubby, I hated all that lingerie, miserable and uncomfortable crap to wear All gone now, he gets sweats or nothing with me now by his side mostly sweats I tell ya ---oh gosh did I just say all that

Yea we are only 1/2 inch maybe but enough to kill school here, and like 1 inch or more in the mts. area....so not bad but I still hate it while kiddo loves it to no end.

winter, take it or leave it right? I say leave it
  #993   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 08:50

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning all! Happy Birthday to me- I am 52 years young TODAY!

I am going to see 4 townhouses before the ice hits here later today!
Did end up spending the night - about ready to leave here.

Tons to respond to! Be on in a few hours! report in- no privacy right now!
  #994   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 09:00

BF:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZZ

ENJOY YOUR HOME TOURS!!

ICE?? ya got the ice coming.....poor you guys! we got a little bit of snow out of this, no biggie here...feel for ya. be careful!!
  #995   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 09:17

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Generic Greats

How about if we all post the generic products that have worked out GREAT. Like Trig said, some suck. And I suppose what sucks to one person, might not to another. But I just think it would be so helpful to see what brand names you substitute a generic for. This can be for food or anything else. Blue got me thinking about this with her moisturizer. And then Trig this morning.

Tums - I use generic. I think they are the same ingredients

Tylenol - I use generic. I think they are the same ingredients

What about things like canned tomatoes or things we add to soup. What about parmesan cheese. Nic was talking about that this morning.

I think I am always too scared to try a generic as I have had bad experiences before.

Things I don't use a generic for:

Hellman's Mayo

Heinz Low Sugar Catsup

Man, I think I eat mostly meats and veggies and eggs. I sure used to use a lot more canned stuff. I will probably think of more later.

Hopefully, this gives us a start.
  #996   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 09:18

BF:
Progress:

Happy Birthday, Jaz. I am glad I know you. Really glad.
  #997   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 16:38

BF:

HELLO GAL PALS!!! Thank you for birthday wishes! I am glad to call you friends as well!

Trig- I bet they cancel the kiddo's school tomorrow due to a possible snow FLAKE! Single flake!
Funny what we all think of JAMMIES!
I wear the fun jammies bottoms with the drawstring- and a fluffy long top. Or a tee shirt depending the temp. Summer- yoga pants, tee shirt. Trig, SEXY is not met to be comfortable or kept on!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL !!!!!!

Hey how is the hubby? Feeling better? You and the kiddo?

KMOM- I am glad I know you as well. You and the gals here have enriched my life more than you know!!!!!!
WOW on SD- what a fireball! Sorry- how old is she again? So sweet she has found a kindred spirit and friend , maybe more!

Love the idea of sharing generics! What a fun idea!
So for me- I do generic vitamins. Don't pay for the upgrade- waste!
I also go for canned generic- although honestly I rarely buy anything in a can other than tomatoes. I buy frozen veggies generic- I just dump those into soup.
Things I NEVER do generic: Toliet paper, salad dressing, Dukes mayo, wine, Bare minerals makeup.

Lori- FEEL BETTER!!!!!!! you are so out there being in the public!
I know what you mean about the blahs- we are all feeling this LONG azzzzzzzz winter!!!!!! You will be golfing before you know it!!!!! You think it was your chili? Lots of flu out there!

Leeann- OH my- oh how remember those testings week!
I love Jammie weather!
the wings- OMG GOOD - will be a staple of mine. I will say though they are best eaten when they are made. Not great leftovers. I did use the baking powder it was great. I also when done drizzled wing sauce when done.
I make my meatloaf VERY much like yours. Pork rinds and egg binder. I don't use veal but turkey. Veal little gamely for me!

Do you have has much flu up there? HUGE here! Stay healthy and warm!

Blue- loved your take on the town house! It was a no- see below.
Hope you too are doing well. I love your carrying a notebook to see where you are saving! Tell King Skinflint he has a run for his money!

What does your week look like?- any special things you are working on?
--------------------------------------------------------
Well-
I just wanna say I love you ladies TOO! Thank you for making me feel special!

Got to mom's yesterday late in afternoon to go to dinner only to find the place she wanted to go was closed???!!!!??!- SOOOOO.....

She says what do you think about Mexican?? No, Chinese? No, Bar food? So I say - you know what why don't we just cook here.
She was like I'm sure you really wanna go out.
She kept naming high carb junky places.
I said I really am good to pick up a steak and crab- and have simple surf and turf and watch a movie here.

She said ok- So off the the store we went- crab on sale here TRIG 7.99 pound! got 2 pounds and 3 steaks. Filet no less! And that was dinner. Nothing more. steak with a side of crab- and 2 glasses of wine! Birthday! No cake, veggies, junk! So good with that.

So this afternoon- out with this new realtor. I really like her alot! We just hit it off. So were toured 4 townhouses. You know the pictures can make something look SO good. Then ya get there and - well...... everything around it is trashy/ getto. Or they don't show the termite damage, rotting wood, water stains, nasty carpet.

Wowsa- however today was not a waste. First it was noice to connect with her in person. Second I did find an area I want to heavily consider. There are tons of newer condo/ and houses in the area. Close to everything. Shopping, grocery, interstates, ect..... So I told her to keep her eyes open in that area. So it was productive....

We are all working from home tomorrow due to a possible SNOW flake tomorrow! I certainly will not complain!

I needed today on many levels- I slept in. I didn't log onto work or school. Just light day- out and about and no stress of work and school. School is a huge thing. I had no idea. It like watching someone at the pool go off the high dive. From the side- watching - no big deal. Until you climb that latter and look down and think Oh good gosh how in the hell can I get down.
Taking my own advice- one stitch at a time. But OMG what a long 3 years it will be!

OH LEEANN- YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA - on more down and GONE - GOOD for you!

Another great WOE day- and that is all I need. Been doing one meal day for last couple days because the schedule has allowed it. Good with it.

Ok all- need to take out the pooch before the sky starts falling !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

JAZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Jan-16-18 at 16:45.
  #998   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 18:43

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 3/5

But I only have a half of glass to go to make my goal today! (Tuesday)
  #999   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 19:30

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---I LOVED the two links you shared. I can see why you're currently obsessed w/the music. That one w/Jackman is something one could put in their ears every morning and come out of it pretty jazzed up! I am so going to see that move! Hubby leaves Sunday so I'll have lots of days to fit in some movies w/pals. So many I want to see.

Trigger --- on the lingerie thing, what Jaz said! But I know what you mean. And if you do try to sleep in these gauzy confections, they end up wound up around your neck in the morning. If I want sexy, I like just a lovely white cotton shift w/a pretty neckline, maybe some eyelet here or there, but fresh, cool, simple and breathes! Fresh and crisp is sexy to me, not just about the hubby. Just feel good in it, and hubby is not a complaining man in this respect.

Lori---Sorry you're feeling punk. Hope by tomorrow when you have to work? You'll be feeling MUCH better. Working retail while sick is stinks. It takes a lot of energy.

Jaz---Glad you connected w/a realtor. The good ones are worth every dime. They know the areas, the comps, and how to negotiate. Very cool that you found an area that intrigues you. Being in a neighborhood you love is everything, IMO.

Sounds like a nice B'day and cool that your mom went along w/your wishes.

Nice giggle for me on this: "School cancelled in preparation for a snowflake.

K-mom---I don't use many generics, sometimes do buy store brands because for instance, Kowalski's store brands are usually amazing. Not money savers however. Although store generic brands at other places, such as Target or drug stores, DO represent savings and many of them work for me.

But I'm w/you, I have to have my Hellman's Mayo, no other will do. Tried Duke's but it was too salty for me. And NEVER a generic mayo, and just to throw in for God's sake, NEVER Miracle Whip. YUCK. Love my Hienze LC Ketchup too. Do use some generic canned stuff, but like Jaz, pretty much only canned tomatoes or green beans in the winter to add to something, I can't tell any difference between brand names and generic in these. But even in soups there is a BIG difference between generics and the better brands. Generally I guess, I don't use many generics because they tend to be jared or canned, and I spend more of my time on the parameter of the grocery store.

Oh and also like Jaz, NO generic toilet paper. May not be able to afford an uber high thread count in my sheets---although ALWAYS cotton for me, NO percale which pills and doesn't breathe, but I'll pay for a high ply any old day. Who needs to have to wrap a baseball mitt of tissue thin toilet paper around their hand. There is ALWAYS such a thing as VALUE---the hybrid of a good price AND quality.

Tuesday water: 3/3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my good news is I DID get on the scale this morning. Down 2 pounds from BEFORE we went to SF. I was hoping to just not have gained, so I was quite delighted, but not entirely surprised. Have that thinner feeling, and my clothes are nodding along w/me. Even 2 pounds makes a big difference if you picture what two pounds of hamburger looks like.

Very happy I did not deny myself some good holiday and vacay eating, particularly all those great memories w/son as he took such pride in taking us to restaurant after restaurant where we had amazing meals. Son and I had so much fun talking about why something was great. For me, I know the trick is, SNAP back on plan, and stay there for most of the time. And for me, voila, if I do that, I CAN have some treat times, as long as LC is my default lifestyle choice.

This shake thing is really working for me, in a couple of ways. Obviously it has erased whatever gain and more I had from the Holidays and SF, and I have no doubt that gain would have been there on the scale if I wanted to torture myself by giving it a peek. But also, it's SO EASY. I am enjoying not having to decide or think about what to eat all day, and then just one meal on my mind, dinner. Not to mention these shakes swallow hunger whole for me. So simple and satisfying, and I appreciate more mind time NOT around food.

Got my salted caramel whey protein powder. Used it first in one of my cold roasted coffee shakes, but the flavor of the coffee over ran the flavor of the powder, although there was a slight caramel taste to it. So then I made one with a half cup of milk (6 carbs) and a couple of generous dollops of cream. Very good, but not enough salt. So I just sprinkled some in, didn't take much, and YUM. Caramel can be a treacly flavor in these sort of things, but I like this because it is more subtle.

Next I'm going to use my husband's magic bullet to begin crunching up the ice and making more of a smoothie. (LOL, he's shivering in his timbers at the thought of me man-handling one of his beloved kitchen tools.) But I told him he might be the "skinflint king," but I am now the shake queen, so move over buddy! He just looked so sad as he nodded,

And lastly on the jammies talk---I just love what we get into here,---I wear yoga pants and a tank top usually. Or some drawstring cotton PJ bottoms w/a tank top. I still get the night hot flashes sometimes, and I need COOL, breathing fabrics. Also, sometimes one of my absolute FAVE things to wear to bed is a white T-shirt I took from my dad's house after he died. He was a very tall man, and it comes down past mid thigh. For weeks I wouldn't wash it because it still smelled like his cologne. But then of course, I had to let that go.
But I love that thing. IMO, nothing better than cotton to sleep in.

I never wear sweat pants. They're too hot and bulky for me. Also, while every so often I stay in my jammies all day, usually if I'm not feeling great, mostly I need to get dressed in the morning, and look forward to fresh jammies at night.

Like I said, I love all the things we LC gal pals dish about! It might have started about what we had in common---muzzling the carb hound in us---but it has grown to so much more. SO MUCH FUN. Honestly, you guys make this thread a must be there thing, both for the support, and the conversations. Weird, I feel like we've all met together so many times, as if we'd all gone out to dinner together on several occasions. Y'all are a huge blessing to me.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Jan-16-18 at 23:06.
  #1000   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 21:42

BF:

Lori- Hope you are feeling better!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!

Blue- LOVED LOVED YOUR POST- will be on it tomorrow to respond!

KMOM- water Tue- 2/5- Monday 3/5........ I might skip this week. This is so bad! I even have "great" water.....sigh

Will hit personals first in am am. I am last on post anyway I think. Unless I beat Lori tomorrrow- will be next poster anyway!

BUT I JUST HAVE TO SHARE>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Made A on first submission post! Bit smaller that paper- but highly within guidelines. Got 98%-
Counted off for APA- go figure!!!!!!! HAAHAHAHAH

I am so excited- looking forty next A. How addicting! Personality- can you say A!!!!!!!! Still 10:39- on school computer. Said I wouldn't but I did. All good!

Tired now- no TV- too tired.

BLUE- SNOW flake coming- will melt and then goto ice for morning!

How is your son doing in his new job? Doing it I hope?

Ok- till tomorrow. My blue and white dotted cotton draw string pants and oversize cotton blue tee are going total out Miss Bella. Then her momma will rightly retire!

Until the sunrise!
  #1001   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 06:12

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning,

Feeling a bit better this morning, but I think the SAD has a hold of me. It snowed all day yesterday and all last night. DH just came in and said we must have gotten 4 inches over night, so a total of about 6. The ice underneath the snow is the bad thing. I'll have another day of being housebound. I even got a text this morning that boot camp is cancelled. Not that I was going to venture out in this mess! Luckily, I don't have to work until tomorrow at 12:45.

I don't have much to add to the jammie discussion. That's right....don't wear any! This time of year I wear fuzzy socks and that's it. Quite a picture, right? When I'm sleeping somewhere else(like my sister's), I wear a night shirt, but I don't like it. Well....that was more than you all needed to know, wasn't it? My sit around the house clothes are a turtleneck, sweatpants, sweatshirt and fuzzy socks with fuzzy slippers. In the summer it's shorts and tee....easy.

I ordered another clothing subscription box and it came yesterday. It is from a company called Wantable and it is called a fitness box. It had 3 pair of workout tights, a sports bra, a big top, a super soft pair of leggings and a gorgeous sweatshirt. Out of the 7 items, I'm only keeping 2. The soft medium blue leggings and the navy sweatshirt. Love them! Everything else will be sent back in the prepaid return mailer. The things were a bit pricey, but really nice. These 2 new items will be traveling with me to Edinburgh. Not sure they will be race day wear, but will be perfect for cheering on my friend as she does the half marathon on the Sunday. (My 10k race is on Saturday)

Jaz...glad you clicked with your realtor. Hope she is able to find something in your price range in a nice area.

Blue...great scale results!! Look at that....you had a great time with your son enjoying wonderful food, came home and got right back on track! The best of both worlds. I'm lucky in that I can do that too.

Well, I'm off to check on how to pan fry salmon fillets. I know I've done them before and they were quite good. I had salmon fillets in the freezer from DH's fishing trip in July that need to be used.

Nic & Trig.......did you get snow or ice yesterday? It is just getting light here and I'm able to see the carnage It does look pretty on the trees etc, but I'm over it. Bring on Spring and green grass!!
  #1002   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 07:11

BF:

Lori, you get the prize on the jammie chat for sure!!

It could be a SAD situation for you cause heck I know I am one step into it also. Winter shuts me down and I am actually not the same person as I am in hot weather. I see it right in front of me, I see the changes in me easily....but one great thing, weather changes if ya hold on long enough

KM, I do alot of store brands, which I call generic so I do alot of off brand items here. Vitamins (well heck dropped those now), some canned food items for sure, cleaners by the galore and even laundry detergent and softener. Shampoo/conditioner I buy at the dollar stores, plastic garbage bags I buy store brand etc...Things I buy brand name is like the good paper plates for the RV, like Dixie brand, makeup is brand names, don't go too cheap in that area, clothes, I buy hardly no top designer names, can't give up Hellman's brand mayo , I must have Slim Jim brand only for my meat snacks I take hiking, I only buy Albacore good tuna and love Bumble Bee. I try alot of subs but then if icky I go back to my brand name item real fast

I guess all of us will grab generic for something but will never compromise on another product. At least that is how I do it and I have to say, I am going a ton more generic in my purchases definitely.

Blue, you had me laughing on the clothes around your neck at night Absolutely! I wear nothing that can creep up and choke me!! I despise anything around my neck, owned one turtleneck in my life, and owned it for one wearing and into the goodwill bag it went.

You are the shake queen!! Love that!! Taking a cooking title away from the hubby Glad you are doing so well!

Jazz, sounds like you are doing very well, happy things are going ok!
I hear ya on the homes. Pics are great til ya get there. Then you see the truth of what is being listed. Take your time tho, that right place will fall into your hands sooner than later I am sure.

steak and crab...crab at 7.99! you lucky dog. my crab will not go below 9.99/lb on sale now. I was getting them at 4.99 and 5.99 sale times but they are gone now. I am ticked I won't buy it at 9.99 but I think my mind will have to change on that one sooner than later cause I have to keep them in my menu. No choice. They are important for me to eat and enjoy....when one is so restricted and needs some variety, that crab is an absolute for me, so yea, I will be shelling out some bucks on it but again, too important for me not to

Hey all
1 inch snow fell. no ice so that is good.
school cancelled yesterday early, so yea she is home. She will probably have a 2 hr delay tomorrow morn. Temps in the 40s so this snow should go very very fast.

looked out, oh how pretty, and one second later, now get the hell out of here fast!

do nothing day
some sheets laundry for the beds
not much more, maybe some vacuum and other small fast thing to do today

hubby home off work
so all of us are here and all of us are bored in some way....might go see the Star Wars movie today. early one at 4...have to check the movie theater times and see if we want to fit that in today.

off to get the day moving, but not moving fast here at all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Wed, Jan-17-18 at 07:21.
  #1003   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 08:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jammie Time- Around the house jammies are (in winter) a long sleeve thermal from Costco, with a giant sweatshirt or a button down plush lined LL Bean shirt over top, sweatpants (that must close at the ankle!), cabin socks, and Acorn slippers. At night- just a very tight fit tee shirt (underarmour type tight- so it doesn't get bunchy) worn inside out so the seams don't touch me, and underwear.

Once there are no kids in the house I might be an underwear only girl. But no socks!! As long as kids might come in though, not doing that!

KMom- Generic vs not: Mayo- I was a Hellman's person but taught myself to like Duke's because no sugar. The LC ketchup by Heinz and the sugar free relish by ??. Lily's for chocolate. Many of these are due to not having other options, though. Hunt's big cans of tomato sauce for my homemade sauce. Fels Naptha for my homemade laundry soap. Otherwise I will go pretty generic. That being said I feel like I am somewhat generic-specific. I will trust Kirkland brand for almost anything- they have great paper towels and bathroom tissue that are the same as the name brand, just labeled differently for Costco. I will also buy Aldi brand stuff, again name brand just repackaged. They are excellent and both are guaranteed.

I've been experimenting with different yogurts and this last one I tried is, I believe, a Lebanese Kefir cheese? Whoo boy, is that tart! Too tart for me. But dang is it thick and when you stir it up well it is so creamy. Still experimenting with it.

JAZ- HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!! Glad that you had such a delicious birthday meal with your Mom. That worked out WELL!

Sorry that none of the homes you looked at were a match. New construction might be the aim for you. Likely to increase in value/be better for resale and newer in general with fresh carpet and the like. I mean, no matter where you look, things like carpet and paint etc are an easy fix, but things being rotted and such are not.

Way to go on that A!! Is that the paper that the prof was telling you all how bad they were?

Wings- How did you reheat them? I gently heat in the microwave til lukewarm, then bake on a baking stone to re-crisp.

Blue- I so wish that I could go to see the movie with you. I would love to see how you react to it! (keeping in mind that it is a totally whitewashed version of PT Barnum's life- suspend reality!)

GIRL!!! Way to go on being down TWO POUNDS!! You are absolutely ROCKING this thing and more than that, you are happy and content doing it. Very glad for you!

I love that you wear your Dad's shirt sometimes. I can imagine how hard it must have been to finally wash it. But still, nice to have that on and close to you.

Lori- Have you experimented with ways to help deal with SAD? I have struggled with that as well and the things that have really helped me are electric heated throw blankets and keeping twinkle lights up to offset the dark. Heated blanket offsets cold and twinkle lights offset dark= much healthier mindset for me. Just tossing it out there.

Trig- Add me to the list of people who FREAK about having something around my neck, in part because I am one step away from being a quasimodo no-neck person as it is. I CAN do mockneck turtlenecks (and do) but only oversized ones, and I pull on the neck before I put them on. I like oversized on most things though- I hate pants that are tight around me also. Give me stretchy and soft!

Have a good snow day/ movie day! We are doing the same!

•••••••••••••••••

Howdy Doo, all!

So we scored a snow day out of an inch or so of snow. DH drove into DC and said it was dicey in places so probably the right call. Just extending midterm exam week craziness.

I'm going to use the moviepass to see a movie today. I'll go to Jumanji if either boy wants to go and if not, then I will see something else, maybe I, Tonya.

So I cooked EIGHT freaking POUNDS of wings last night. If you remember, last time I made four pounds and there were complaints of it not being enough. Let it be noted that eight pounds is WAY TOO MUCH. lol I was impressed I could get it all done though. We have a whole dinner left of wings, and another of leftover meatloaf. I am delivering a meal Friday night of chicken cheese casserole, so I will make two of those and that will be Friday's dinner. Finished cooking for the week! I do need to check the dates on the chicken thighs though for the chicken Lazone I was going to make.

Both teachers in my CASA baby's day care class have left and it is really too bad. They were both excellent. The one teacher that is in there right now is AWFUL, the definition of "bump on a log." So CASA baby might be headed to another center.

DH is out of town for the rest of the week so the boys, the dogs and I are holding down the fort. I can catch up on some TV!

Got the volunteer trip with DD22, DS16 and I booked. Used points for all the flights which of course saves quite a bit, and then booked an airbnb for 8 days at 130 per night plus taxes and fees. We'll do breakfasts and most dinners there. The big cost is the overnight at Universal- I got a single room at club level so we can eat breakfast and dinner in the lounge, cost included. It will be a good memory maker.

Guess that is about it. All else is chugging right along. Today might be a gym day today. Movie? Gym? Both? Question/question!
  #1004   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 09:06

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 3/5, KMom 3/5
Tuesday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 2/5, KMom 5/5

Jaz: You will get a PASS for this week (unless you change your mind).

Man, I had to really concentrate to get my five 8-oz glasses in yesterday. I am always so happy when I do. Blue, your glasses are 10 oz at least. So that is 30 oz a day. I think that is really good because like me, you struggle with getting the water in. We just need to keep trying and doing our best and making it a priority.
  #1005   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 09:10

BF:
Progress:

Trig:
I am getting ready to put my chuck roast in the crock pot. I wrote down your directions. I will cut in into chunks, put the jar of gravy on top (I got the kind you told me), half an onion, garlic powder (sorry, Blue ... no fresh), TJ's everyday seasoning in place of the s and p (or Mrs. Dash). Then I just wrote to put it in the slow cooker. How many hours? Low? Did I forget anything?

Manager's Special $3.99/lb. Beef chuck (boneless) shoulder roast.
Closed Thread