Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-02-15, 08:30

Plan: Atkins72, mostly
Stats: 294/178.6/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Because You All Understand

I am a returning low carber-- back to the only WOE which works for me, after reaching my highest ever weight this past fall and realizing I had yet again allowed myself to get complacent and ignore what I was putting in my body, with serious consequences.

I recently hit my first major milestone -- 50 pounds lost since the day after Christmas 2014. I feel much better and can definitely move and function more efficiently and as a bonus fit into more/better clothes, but its territory I have traversed before and I am still needing to lose a significant amount, so I am cautious of getting overly exuberant or worse yet, "resting on my laurels". (This is just about the point where I wandered off last time I needed to lose.)

Curiously, I am probably more excited to have less than 100 pounds to lose to reach my goal (Only 93.8 pounds to go! Woo!) and also to have less than 50 to lose to get to ONEderland (44!), than to be that first 50 pounds down.... I guess putting it all together, being over a third of the way there, for me, means I can finally "see" that there has been real progress, and makes reaching my goal weight seem less insurmountable.

I don't post much, but I wanted you all to know that I have been reading your comments and drawing inspiration and support from you all for the entire time, especially here in the TDC. I visit the forum nearly daily, I use the P.L.A.N. feature to track the ins and outs and ups and downs (because there is never straight line is there ) and I even read back thru old threads when I need extra. I wanted to say thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-02-15, 10:24

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

Glad to see your post! You are doing great and the TDC is a great group of helpful people! I have been back on since last June and have about 50 yet to go.

I had a weight gain so I went back to as close to zero carbs as I could kind of starting over and will add 5 carbs each week until I get to no weight loss then stick with the carb amount where I still lost weight!

Good luck on your journey!!!