Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 18:55

Plan: None yet
Stats: 165/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:
Default What is your magic number?

Hi Everyone,
I just got done reading the Fat Belly Cure by Jorge Cruise. Basically is plan is around 120 carbs and no more than 15 grams of sugar a day. Today is day 4 for me and I'm doing pretty good. For all of you that have eaten low carb for years, what number do you stay around and what types of food do you like to eat? Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 19:18

Plan: loosely PB
Stats: 197/135/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quick question, I'm just curious. Is it 15g of added sugar, or including naturally occuring sugars.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-10, 01:36

Plan: Vegetarian LC
Stats: 148/137/132 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 69%

I don't really count as I'm now on phase 2 but think it's around 40 - 50 per day.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-10, 10:05

Plan: None yet
Stats: 165/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:

It's 15 grams of sugar "total" for the day. Does not matter where it comes from.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-10, 14:51

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've been in a "maintenance" mode for about 16 months now. On average, I would guesstimate that I consume about 100 - 125 g of carbs each day. They come from veggies, fruits, yogurt, brown rice, oats, and sometimes a few whole grain crackers (topped w/butter of course).
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-10, 14:41

Plan: moderate
Stats: 204/200/185 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress:

Hello, I am new to LC dieting but have the education behind it and a pretty good grasp on how it works. I will start off by saying I am type 1 diabetic. I have decreased my insulin injections to meet the lower amount of carbs and sugars I am currently consuming. I did not start as low as atkins recommends to start with which is I believe aroudn 20g per day. Instead, I am hovering around 80-120g per day. I count carbs but not to the g. Basically, I am consuming no processed meats and only things like Chicken, pork, turkey, angus beef burgers w/ american cheese no bun, lean beef, fish, and some seafood but primarily only steamed shrimp with no seasoning on it. I eat salads with a little italian dressing, greens such as green beans, broccoli, lima beans, and peas (I am picky with veggies so primarily eat green beans as I know they have low carbs). I eat hardboiled eggs for breakfast with the yolk even though I know I should probably just eat the egg whites. I drink 1 cup of coffee daily with a teaspoon of french vanilla cream and 2 sweet and lows. I drink only water the past 2 weeks and anywhere from 100-128oz per day. I work out so that's partly why so much. I have been snacking on salted peanuts and cashews from time to time. I also have been making protein shakes using whole milk and sometimes throwing frozen strawberries in the mix too. I haven't had one in about 4 days though. I get muscle milk protein shakes which have 11g carbs per drink and have 1 a day here and there. I also have been eating a met-rx bar which has 19g of carbs per bar once a day. I have eliminated all breads, pasta, rice, sweets of any kind. I bought some ketone strips and show trace amounts to small amounts so I know I am in ketosis. I haven't weighed myself but twice and the 1st time was actually 3 days after beginning. So unsure of my true starting weight but for all intense purposes I weighed 204.6lbs on the day I did weigh myself. The second weigh in was a week later and I weighed 201.2. It's now almost another week later and I want to avoid the scale as that is not a good way to measure success at this. Sometimes I feel like I am slimming down and some days I look at myself and don't see a huge or noticeable difference. Part of the problem is I am not nor have I ever been fat. I am "fatter" than I have ever been but am closer to abs than most could ever dream to be. I use to have them year round eating anything. Not sure if it's just age taht changed that and this is why I began my diet. I have always worked out with free weights and cardio was added about 3 years ago. I jump rope. Anyhow, to make a long story short, after giving you guys some basic input on what I do, is it reasonable to expect weight loss from how I am doing it? I want to get back down to 185ish and realize because I am not all that far from my actual goal now, it may seem like a slower process. Would it help if I eliminate things like coffee and the nutrition bars or peanuts for snacks? If so, what should I replace it with? I went from eating very crappy snack binge food the past 3-4 years like ice cream of starbucks frappaccino's and other high carb stuff to no carbs almost at all. If I had to guess, I probably use to consume close to 900g per day of carbs. Maybe more. I know, that's bad for a diabetic. Shame on me! Any input is greatly appreciated in tweaking my diet to get ripped for the summer! Maybe I am doing things right even at higher carbs than most on this site and just need patience? It's only been 2 weeks afterall! Thanks
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-13-10, 20:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Wow, Flexappeal! You are doing pretty good, your heart is in the right place...
What plan are you following? It really does help to pick one and follow the directions. You may need to cut down on the pre-packaged bars etc.

Good for you working on getting a few pounds off now.