Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 05:28
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default ~Warrior Diet Fat Loss Program~

Instructions from The Warrior Diet Fat Loss Program book: How to do it:

DETAILED EATING GUIDE

PHASE I (WEEK 1): DETOX

In this week you should eliminate animal foods except for small amounts of certain fresh dairy food and eggs. Avoid white vinegar. Eliminate artificial sweetners, food additives, preservatives, and pesticides (peel Apples unless organic). Try to use organic food whenever possible. Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements. During the Morning through the Mid Afternoon Snack you may substitute your salad, soup or eggs with fruits.

Morning: 1- 2 glasses room temperature water
One fruit (apples, banana, kiwi, berries, grapefruit, orange,
papaya, mango, peach, pineapple, melon)
Coffee/Tea, no sugar (can have regular milk)

Mid Morning: One fruit
OR juice (carrot, carrot-beets-parsley-celery)
OR plain yogurt; poached eggs; ricotta cheese;
cottage cheese

Lunch: Clear soup broth
Salad - Mixed greens, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumber,
mushroom, sprouts, etc.
Hard Boiled Egg (optional)
Salad Dressing: Olive oil and vinegar (sparingly)

Afternoon Snack: Yogurt
OR carrot juice
OR fresh fruit

Dinner (Main Meal): Salad (must eat first)
Salad Dressing : Olive oil and vinegar (sparingly)
Steamed veggies (lots of cruciferous veggies such as
broccoli,cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, zucchini,
carrots, okra, mushroom,
spinach, onion)
Beans/Legumes (main source of protein): lentils,
mung beans,black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans,
edamame, humus (garbanzo bean paste mixed with
sesame tahini)
Grains (main source of carbs): wild rice, brown rice,
barley and quinoa. No wheat products during this phase
Prepare whole grain meals and combine them with beans
in a ratio of 1/1 beans/grains. You can enhance the
meal with small amounts (about 1 oz) of goat cheese,
feta cheese, ricotta cheese, kefir, plain yogurt or
poached eggs.

PHASE II (WEEK 2): HIGH FAT (NUTS):

The Morning through Afternoon Snack is the same as above, except fruit should not be eaten until afternoon.

broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, carrots,
okra, mushroom, spinach, onion)
Small Amounts of Protein (4-6 ozs) It is recommend to
rotate between protein choices (1 choice per day) of
chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, beef. You can also add
small amounts of yogurt or kefir on days of fish or eggs.
Nuts: One handful - Select from raw almonds, pecans,
walnuts, pistachios. If you find you are too full to eat
both the protein and the nuts, it is advisable to
eliminate the protein in order to maximize the benefits of
the nuts.

PHASE III (WEEK 3): CONCLUDING FAT LOSS

The Morning through Afternoon Snack is the same as above.

broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, carrots,
okra, mushroom, spinach, onion)
Small Amounts of Protein (4-6 ozs) It is recommend to
rotate between protein choices (1 choice per day)
of chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, beef. You can also add
small amounts of yogurt or kefir on days of fish or eggs.
Carbs: Choose one carb item per meal: corn, sweet
potatoes, butternut squash, pumpkin, peas, potatoes,
barley, rice, oats, quinoa, pasta, bread). Make your
choices wisely to avoid unnecessary cravings and
effectively loose fat without over restrictions of carbs.

Phase III is an example of a high carb day. This should be followed by a high protein day in which the salad and steamed vegetables are eaten, then followed with 8 - 16 ozs. of protein OMITTING the Carb selection.

After completion of the first three phases, you can repeat it again. However, this time trying different combinations. For instance, you can try to incorporate 3 days of detox followed by 2 days of high fat (nuts) followed by two days of high carbs, followed by two days of high protein, and so on. You can adjust your cycle based on the progress of your weight loss. This means that if you get stuck or reach a plateau, go back to detox for a few days and then resume the cycle. If however, one of the phases gives you better results than the others, then increase the frequency (number of days) of this phase in the overall weekly cycle. Eventually you will find your own unique cycle. You can occasionally adjust your cycles to accommodate special activities that include eating. For example, if you are on vacation or have a brunch or luncheon, you can plan to under eat during the evening and have your main meal at breakfast or lunch.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 09:45
Registered Member

Plan: Nutritional Ketosis
Stats: 196/188/140 Female 5ft1in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I have decided to do this and combine it with low carb but I never noticed in the book where he said to cut out meat for a while to detox. Interesting.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 13:17
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Hi! This excerpt is from the Warrior Fat Loss Program Book....it might be different than the original Warrior Diet Book.
If you try this, I'm very interested to know what you think. Please keep us posted!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 08:38
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for posting this. It took me a little reading around to realize there were two books now. I would like to get the fat loss one. I have done the regular warrior diet for 2 days now and have lost about 1 1/2 lbs I am thrilled since I have indulged after each dinner with some homemade fudge.

I have alot of food allergies so my fudge is actually a mixture of cashew butter, raw honey, coconut oil and cocoa powder. Mmm that stuff is good! Not exactly low carb but lower and better carbs over all in my diet and in that fudge. I am going too see if I can make it with Stevia and lower the carbs.

Sorry to go on and on about fudge. LOL
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 13:49
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Actually, your fudge sounds perfect as it is right now! Seriously, the Warrior is more about natural unrefined food......preferably organic when you can find it. Enjoy your fudge!

Are you having any problems with the undereating part of the day? How do you feel?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 07:46
Registered Member

BF:

I haven't been having much of a problem at all. I am just drinking alot of water all the time. I start my day with a cup of coffee. And then I have had things like homemade chicken broth, beet kvass and hard boiled eggs or raw nuts. Yesterday I only had liquids before dinner. I had SOOO much energy I couldn't believe it. I exercised twice.

Warrior diet incorporates different things I have learned about myself before. I feel great on liquids because food/digestion really saps my energy. So the undereating during the day gives me so much energy and no drops in my blood sugar. I normally have a horrible time staying awake in the afternoon. But I have no problems with that on WD.

I wonder if I will drop weight as fast as I would on atkins. I am not sure I will. BUT it is worth it because I feel so great. This is worth doing just for the energy alone. I have lost 2 lbs. And the diet gives me enough energy to exercise. Which in turn makes me feel better.

How long have you been on the WD?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 08:53
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

I just started Mid-January. I've lost 4 pounds in two weeks and like you, I feel awesome all day long. I really like not even thinking about food all day, then going home and making a nice dinner and relaxing. I even had pizza and salad for dinner last week! My "day" foods are organic yogurt with fresh berries added, or V8 juice, coffee w/raw milk, and sometimes home- made broth. From the first day I began, it just felt sooooo good. I realize that not everyone would be comfortable ... some folks like to graze ... but I've never been a 'snack' eater and I really never ate breakfast anyway, so the most I was giving up was lunch....which I seemed to eat because it was 'expected'.
Like you, I also exercise twice a day on this plan...because it feels so good. As for low carb, even at the maintenance level of this plan, he recommends no more than 100 carbs per day.
So, do we feel better because we don't have food weighing us down all day, or because we got the chemicals out of our system....or both?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 10:46

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi, I'm just restarting warrior-ing after doing it for a few weeks, and then not doing it for about a month or so. I haven't the read the books yet, just read different threads here and different things online. I'm going to get the book soon though. Anyhow, I've been back to it ... on day 3 now. I have loads of energy, I had a great work out yesterday and was able to increase my dumbells from 5lbs to 15lbs for most of the exercises. And even though I only got 5 hours sleep last night I still have good energy today.

I have a question...is anyone doing this without doing the phase with beans and grains? I can't handle either very well....beans really upset my stomach even when they are soaked and then cooked for a long time. I am just starting with the phase 2 with smaller protien portion and nuts.

I think I have probably lost some weight in the past few days, maybe a pound or so but I don't have a scale to check. I'll have to go to the grocery store and use theirs sometime this week.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 08:53
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Hi Jaybird! I just jumped in before getting the book, and did the regular Warrior plan and lost 4 pounds in two weeks. I think the beans and rice are to detox from animal products...just for a week. I don't think it's necessary for weight loss, and I wouldn't eat anything that upset my stomach.
Way to go on the exercise!! If you haven't read the book yet, you'll love the exercise section, which is almost half the book.
Keep us posted on your progess!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-06, 17:05

BF:

Yay!...I have lost 5lbs in 2 weeks, the first week I was just back to being really good on low carbing. This past week has been warrioring. Wow, I have so much energy! I am still sore from my work out two days ago so I'm taking another rest day today, plus I am little sick so I figure a 2 day rest isn't such a bad idea. I'm about to start cooking my big meal for the day. Actually I just had a very large coffee with raw milk and stevia and that's it today. I totally forgot about food and I'm just now starting to feel hungry. So I'll munch on a salad while I make dinner..which will be sauteed zuchinni, steamed cauliflower, meatloaf, and a small amount of homemade brown rice pudding. And a nice tall glass of cold raw milk to wash it all down I really love the energy I am getting from this, and the enjoyment of a nice large meal at the end of the day.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-06, 06:24
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Good work Jaybird! I was amazed at how good I felt when I started and I still feel like that. I find it easiest to just have fluids during the day, like raw milk and coffee, or homemade broth, or vegetable juice. After the evening meal, I enjoy organic yogurt with some walnuts and berries.
Now, a warning..... I went to the grocery store yesterday and I was looking at apples. They had the red delicious apples out and they were just shining. Know what I saw? All the wax and chemicals. I found my organic red delicious and to me, they were beautiful. I've become an avid label reader. I have learned not to purchase anything until I read the label. It now takes me two hours to go through the grocery store, but it is well worth it!
Where do you get your raw milk? I'm fortunate that my fella, Cowboy Bob, is in the dairy business so I don't have any problems finding it. We also raise our own steers, so my beef is chemical and hormone free. Cowboy's contacts also provide us with free range chickens and eggs, and vegetables straight from the orginal organic farmers....the Amish.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-06, 09:30

BF:

Yes...I need to make some more broth, I was having it a lot for a few days and now I'm out. I have a few free ranged chickens I need to pull out and make a huge batch of stock, and I have beef bones for beef stock too.

I am the same way in the store! I check all the labels...even in the health food stores. I actually get my raw milk, free ranged chicken and eggs, grass fed beef and pork from a farm in PA actually...good ole Amish We have a co-op and they deliver down here to us in Florida.

I cook every morning for my husband and son but have no real desire to eat the food at the point....but I think I may have a breakfast feast for my big meal sometime soon because I'd really like some scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.

I'm glad that you are still feeling just as good now as when you started
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 19:44

BF:

Well, I haven't weighed myself in about a week. I've been doing great though, energy wise. I'm still hardly hungry at all during the day. Sometimes I actually forget to eat anything besides my coffee. Today I had coffee, kefir (both milk kefir and kefir d' uva), and chocolate during the day. I have a chicken roasting in the crock pot, I'm looking forward to the stock and soup I'll be making with the carcass (great for the undereating phase).

Happily, I put on some pants today that I haven't worn since before I got pregnant with my daughter! Hurrah! I actually tried these same pants on about 4 weeks ago and my stomach totally bulged over them. My belly is still not the same yet, but I could get the pants on and they looked decent enought to wear outside of the house when I walked to the HFS. I believe its a combo of warrioring and doing weight training 2 to 3 times per week!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-06, 11:58
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

I JUST ordered my weights....and I can't WAIT to get started. I've been doing the treadmill three days a week, and now I'm going to up that to 5 days and add three days of weight training! It's so good to know that you are weight training too! What type of weights and what weight level are you now? I ordered ankle weights that are adjustable up to 20 pounds, and dumb bells that are adjustable up to 25 pounds.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-06, 23:30

BF:

Oh cool, you got those adjustable kind. We just have a pile of dumbells next to our treadmill... 2 lb, 4 lb, 5 lb, 8 lb, 15 lb and 20 lb. If you check out my gym log you can see my work outs....from Body For Life. The highest weight I'm using is 15 lb right now. I need to get going on some cardio though, I don't have an excuse not too since I have a treadmill in my living room hehe. Actually, it's much harder to do a treadmill with a 3 yr old and 5 month old...Jakob, he will try to jump on it with me. I have to keep stopping to yell etc I'm really sore from today's work out. I'm so happy with the results I'm getting though, it's really keeping me going.

On the food front, things are well. I discoverd yesterday my body is accustomed to its daily coffee...didn't have any yesterday and boy was I dragging. Had my coffee today again, I don't need much and it gets me going in the morning. I've become a kefir addict ...I recently got both milk kefir grains and water kefir grains and I've been enjoying some really good fermented drinks every day throughout the day. It's become my favorite snack/beverage. Tonite we had pizza for dinner though...unusual for us..hehe...I ruined our stew by spilling half a bottle of pepper into it. At least DH got it from Westshore, it was a white pizza with thin crispy sourdough-ish crust, and spinach and tomato on it.