Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1786   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 06:31
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 17 June 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I finished my "Mile a Minute" Crochet Afghan so here's the link to see it:

New MAM Afghan

Imma starting on another one and will post the pic when Imma done with that one too. They take me about 1 week to make ~ you know, idle hands and all that!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“The person who says something can’t be done is usually being interrupted by someone doing IT! !”
~ The Complete Live, Learn and Pass it On

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I actually had a real chillax day yesterday. Yipeeee.
Good for you b/c you deserve it!
Quote:
Today I have to get some shopping done. We are low on my LC food. Almost out of dog food too.
What did you buy me??
Quote:
I think it's going to be a really hot one today.
Holy HOT HOT HOT, Batman... according to the weather peeps (and I hope they are WRONG!) it's gonna try to get to 110 every day next week around these parts! Thank goodness for AC!
Quote:
Warrior on my friends have a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend too.
Thanks and you too, dear De!
Quote:
When we were on vacation I had my 3 year Atkins anniversary. I just realized I passed my 3 years....whoops and cheers!!! life changing for sure!
Woot! Woot! HUGE Congrats on your 3rd Atkins-versary!

Hey girlie, tell me the exact date and I'll put that with the other info on the first page of this thread... okay!

Berni: I need your start date on A '72 as well!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
I am just stupid busy here LOL and post time is cut having to load rv, handle the barn/goats for leaving, kids all around swimming and MIL is sick still in that we shop for her still. she is improving but we went to her house and hubby is SO ticked over the years (hoarder situation) and he hit the roof now. SO WE took over the kitchen and cleaned ---and get this---1 small counter and off the floor in front of the counter and filled up the bed of his truck. yes guys it is that way And he said we are going thru the house like hell on wheels and fixing this problem once and for all. thing is MIL was 'kinda ok' with it so that was a monster plus on that one! I guess we deal with horrible for family yea crap that goes down in life with family I guess is what it is!! I never dealt with this since I am such a minimalist type and this opposite life has me baffled for sure. But once and for all the crew will take control now and fix things....we have to
Oh I forgot about your goats, so who watches 'em when you guys are vacaying???

Wow, you guys are de-junking/de-cluttering your MIL's house... that's pretty brave of you all. But I guess it needs to be done or your DH wouldn't be doing it. That's cool that your MIL is good with it!

My mother was a hoarder, but not crazy hoarder... but she had a hard time tossing stuff out. When she died, my dad spent months de-cluttering the house. He'd have to check everything carefully b/c my mom had a habit of squirreling away money everywhere. When he was done, he found almost 20 grand.

I remember him sending me my wedding gown and pinned to the lining was almost $500. I called him and said, I found some $$$ Imma sending it back, he said, no your mom meant for you to have it!

I know the money thing and the hoarding had to do with her early life living in war-torn France...

She was 9 yo when WWII started and they were dirt poor, always on the brink of starvation b/c before the war and after the war, they were/are circus people (we're gypsies) and if you know anything about the Nazi, they were rounding up the gypsy population too and tossing 'em in work camps or worse, concentration camps (a story for another time)... gosh the stories my relatives would tell about that time... wish I had been old enough to realize how important that history was b/c I would've written it all down... <Heavy Sigh>
Quote:
Yea JO, I hear ya on reading that list of 'pick your hard'. Getting to eat anything at any time and getting bigger and bigger and unhealthy is not an option any more. yea we can do it but when we hit that top weight and while growing larger our minds snap a bit as most of us know! My hard has to be stay healthy and vibrant. But the win to that hard is SO MUCH of a prize now
Exactly spot on!

We've picked our HARD b/c I ain't never gonna go back to being "Fat Jo" as long as I have a choice about my eating, exercising and everything else in my life etc, KWIM?
Quote:
can't wait to see your post on the afghan of many colors
Click the link and you can "see" it!
Quote:
leave tomorrow finally! got golf cart, bikes, kayaks and boogie boards loaded into rv ahh, relax, sun, fun, hike, bike, swim and CHILLAX! seemed like this trip would never come LOL
WOW the amount of "stuff" you guys take with is mind-boggling!

Wishing you safe travels and super terrific weather for your much deserved vaca!

Edited to Add: Hey when are you coming back? B/c if I know YOU, you're not gonna be online to post here since you like to be "off the grid" when you are on vaca... and you know we worry!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sat, Jun-17-17 at 06:56. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
Sponsored Links
  #1787   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 07:14

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Saturday Morning Warriors...

Third Atkins anniversary was May 26.

Wow Jo what a beautiful crocheted blanket..we always called them afghans. You did a beautiful job on that one!

Our heat is on here. I will be heading out this morning before it gets too hot and finish my grocery shopping, today I need supplies from Trader Joe's. Need to stock up on my tuna and get more olive oil and lettuce. Plus a few non LC stuff for DH. He only does LC half way because he can handle carbs and weight is normal.

Rest up Bernie!

Have fun Karen!

You too Jo!

Have an awesome weekend everyone.

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Sun, Jun-18-17 at 13:51.
  #1788   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 15:46

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,
How are you doing today?

Karen... have an awesome vacation! You deserve it!

Jo.... I started Hardcore Atkins March 6, 2014. Jo gorgeous Afghan!

De... congrats again on your 3 year Atkin anniversary!

I watching grandkiddies for 3 hours tonight while parents go to see Wonder Woman. I told DD no more weekends or Monday's unless a emergency!

Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
  #1789   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-17, 04:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi guys

quick post cause leaving in a while. only 5 hr drive so that isn't too bad

will be back in 10 days. yea I do no computer on these trips. I just hit the beach and chillax to the max

everyone be good and hold down the fort. I will be good at the beach!!

great day all!
  #1790   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-17, 06:27
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Father's Day: 18 June 2017

Happy Sunday, Warriors!

Wishing all of you a totally spectacular Sunday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Please extend my heartfelt "Happy Father's Day" wishes to your significant others!

Worked my booty off yesterday morning doing yard work before it got to stinkin' HOT.

Holy Hannah, the hottest part of the day registered 105 on my patio!

Supposed to be the same until next weekend. Weather peeps are saying we could hit as high as 110 the early part of next week which isn't surprising since the summer solstice is Tuesday!

“Nothing of VALUE comes without EFFORT!”

De:
Quote:
Third Atkins anniversary was May 26.
Thanks, girlie! I've added it to the first page of this thread. Please double check to make sure it's correct!
Quote:
Wow Jo what a beautiful crocheted blanket..we always called them afghans. You did a beautiful job on that one!
Thanks, I do enjoy making them b/c they don't take me long. I also love the creative aspect of selecting the colors to see what works well together!
Quote:
Our heat is on here. I will be heading out this morning before it gets too hot and finish my grocery shopping, today I need supplies from Trader Joe's. Need to stock up on my tuna and get more olive oil and lettuce. Plus a few non LC stuff fir DH. He only does LC half way because he can handle carbs and weight is normal.
I hear you on the "HEAT is ON" since that's what we have going on here... DD told me yesterday it was almost 115 in Phnx... Yikes!

I agree about getting outside activities done early b/c it's too stinkin' HOT later in the day!
Quote:
Have an awesome weekend everyone.
Thanks and you too!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo.... I started Hardcore Atkins March 6, 2014.
Got it! Like I told De, double check to make sure the info is correct on the first page of our thread now that I've changed it up!
Quote:
Jo gorgeous Afghan!
Thanks!
Quote:
I watching grandkiddies for 3 hours tonight while parents go to see Wonder Woman. I told DD no more weekends or Monday's unless a emergency!
Good for YOU! Imma glad you told 'em that since the w/e and Mondays are you're only grand-free days... They really don't know how lucky they are to have you, but Imma glad you're putting your foot down and saying enough is enough!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
quick post cause leaving in a while. only 5 hr drive so that isn't too bad

will be back in 10 days. yea I do no computer on these trips. I just hit the beach and chillax to the max
So glad you popped in before you left! I know you'll have a super duper time chil-laxing to the MAX! Have fun and stay safe, girlie!

Quote:
everyone be good and hold down the fort. I will be good at the beach!!
Do we have to be good?

Hope your weather at the beach is fab-tastic every single day you're there!

Quote:
great day all!
Thanks, I will but it won't be as great as yours!
  #1791   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-17, 03:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 19 June 2017

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally marvelous day in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

DDSS [different day same stuff]! It will be crazy HOT outside for the rest of the week so I'll take care of everything I need to do by 10 am then Imma staying inside just chil-laxing, reading, playing guitar, crocheting, exercising etc... Awww it's tuff being on summer break!

“A person’s degree of SELF-CONFIDENCE greatly determines their SUCCESS!”

#1792   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-17, 18:13

BF:

Yep same stuff different day!

Watched kids today. Just hoping my grandson and I don't get sick with our trip coming up since his sister is sick...I would be so sad. Tickets are paid for and non changeable...ugh..prices are up it seems.

Warrior on ....
  #1793   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-17, 05:45

BF:

Hello warriors,
How is everyone doing today?

Crazy day yesterday so busy I get home and fall asleep!

Karen.... have an awesome camping trip! Enjoy everything about your trip including you control all the cooking and tummy on plan food you eat.

De.... I will be praying you don't get sick. Miserable to be traveling when sick, my dear granddaughters are both sick and coughing with fevers. I praying I don't get it!

Jo.... crazy hot by you. When I was in Arizona with my dad we were up by 3 and had all the activities done by 7. God it could be 90 by 7 summer in Arizona. I
Still could breathe easier than in Florida!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1794   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-17, 08:05
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

DDSS [different day same stuff]! So nothing much happening here... I have to brave the HEAT this afternoon to take da lil Chico dog to the vet for his 8 week mani/pedi and gland extraction. They don't allow for app for that sorta routine thing so it's "walk-ins" after 2 pm! FUN!

“Success is the result of HARD WORK!”

De:
Quote:

Yep same stuff different day!
I hear ya!
Quote:
Watched kids today. Just hoping my grandson and I don't get sick with our trip coming up since his sister is sick...I would be so sad. Tickets are paid for and non changeable...ugh..prices are up it seems.
Wow I hope he doesn't get sick either... yeah, plane tickets have been non-refundable, exchangeable for decades it seems... Oh well, it is what it is!
Quote:
Warrior on ....
Always! Woot! Woot!

Berni:
Quote:
Crazy day yesterday so busy I get home and fall asleep!
Sorry to hear that you were crazy busy, sounds like you needed the ZZZZzzzzz for sure!
Quote:
Jo.... crazy hot by you. When I was in Arizona with my dad we were up by 3 and had all the activities done by 7. God it could be 90 by 7 summer in Arizona. I Still could breathe easier than in Florida!
We're not as HOT as Az usually! I'd say we're a few degrees cooler and we cool off at night, not like Phnx or other major burgs... and it's a DRY HEAT!

I try to get all my running around in town and outside stuff done by 10am b/c the heat starts turning UP UP UP! Thank goodness for AC!!

Its the humidity in Fl and those states east of me that's horrible! Imma glad I live in the desert!
Quote:
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, girlie!
  #1795   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 06:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Happy HUMP Day, Warriors!

Wishing all of you a totally wondrous Wednesday!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Just holding down the "fort" like Karen said!

“Self-pity is a waste of TIME!”

#1796   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 06:47

BF:

Hello warriors,

Jo and de stay cool with that heat wave !

Have a wonderful Wednesday and take care of yourself!
  #1797   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 08:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 22 June 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“Have you ever noticed that the ANTICIPATION of eating something off-plan is often way better than the real thing?!”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [/QUOTE]

Berni:
Quote:
Hello warriors,

Imma doing terrific, thanks for asking! Hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
Jo and de stay cool with that heat wave !
You betcha! Imma getting all my outdoor stuff done before 10 am!
  #1798   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 12:17

BF:

Hello warriors,

Still seeing those record breaking heat reports in The southwest!
Jo.... I am glad you are getting everything done early before the heat sets in.
Jo, I do that here in Il. Because you never know when we get heat wave or rain.
The granddaughters are feeling better. They were sick early this week but doc said it was allergies or viral so nothing to do but chill.

Okay we are off to park have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1799   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 14:03

BF:

Hi All,

Heading out this weekend. Looking forward to my trip. Can't wait to see my girls again. Getting laundry and packing done.

Today is a tuna and salad day. This WOE stills suits me. So glad I made the discovery. I don't need crappy carbs.

I had fun with the kids this week. More kid fun coming up!

Bernie, good to hear your granddaughters are feeling better. My DGD is better too. Still praying DGS and I do not catch it.

Hi Jo, me too...Getting outdoor stuff done EARLY before it's unbearable.

#1800   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 06:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 23 June 2017

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally fab-tastic day in every way possible!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“If you eat DONUTS today; you’ll wear them tomorrow!”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [/QUOTE]

Berni:
Quote:
Hello warriors,

If I was doing any better I'd be twins...oh wait, I am!
Quote:
Still seeing those record breaking heat reports in The southwest!
Jo.... I am glad you are getting everything done early before the heat sets in.
Jo, I do that here in Il. Because you never know when we get heat wave or rain.
Today is "supposedly" the last day of it for a lil bit. It was 110 outside yesterday, the same is reported for today! Then it's supposed to drop to the 90s next week... Well, I live in the desert, what did I expect??

Heading out a little later this am to do some running around town...then Imma gonna stay indoors the rest of the day!
Quote:
The granddaughters are feeling better. They were sick early this week but doc said it was allergies or viral so nothing to do but chill.
Sorry to hear the grands were sick... if it ain't one thing it's something else huh? I hate summer colds!

De:
Quote:
Hi All
Hiya, De!
Quote:
Heading out this weekend. Looking forward to my trip. Can't wait to see my girls again. Getting laundry and packing done.
I know you'll have a terrific time! Sure is gonna be interesting just you and your GS! Wonder if he'll miss his 'rents?
Quote:
Today is a tuna and salad day. This WOE stills suits me. So glad I made the discovery. I don't need crappy carbs.
Same here! None of us do those franken-foods either do we? Like LC bars, shakes etc...
Quote:
I had fun with the kids this week. More kid fun coming up!
Sounds great!
Quote:
My DGD is better too. Still praying DGS and I do not catch it.
Glad to hear your DGS is better and I hope you guys don't get sick as well!
Quote:
Hi Jo, me too...Getting outdoor stuff done EARLY before it's unbearable.
I can't imagine having an "outside" type job in this heat b/c it could be hazardous to one's health for sure if you're out for extended periods of time and I don't care HOW much water you drink!!
Closed Thread