Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-07, 17:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/218/200 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up overcame the stall

I want to thank all of the people who posted tips for avoiding and overcoming a stall. Here is my story..

I survived induction and managed to drop 10 pounds...but then for about four weeks, nothing. I just kept trying the same things with no additional weight loss, until I found this forum.

Here's what I did to get back to loosing weight and stop getting frustrated with myself
  • cut out nuts totally
  • reduced my salad intake to 3 cups a day
  • reduced my other veggie intake to 1 cup a day
  • cut out pepperoni
  • added situps and pushups in addition to my power walking
  • cut caffine intake in half (tried none but baddd headaches)
  • limited my after dinner snacking to an ounce of cheese or a few pork rinds
  • cut out olives

oh yeah, after induction I thought it would be alright to have a couple Miller Lites after a hard days work as long as I counted the carbs (about 7). I stopped that altogether during the week and limit myself to one per day on the weekends.

I've been doing the above for a week now and I feel great and dropped another 6 pounds. For me, I think I'm going to try to stick with this until I near my target and then I can try to reintroduce the nuts and additional veggies for OWL.

I hope this can help someone else the way that it helped me get back on track .. thanks and good luck.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-07, 10:38

Stats: 238/218/200 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Thumbs down no support at all

I can't believe that in over one month and over 220 reads, there have been no replies, no words of encouragement, nothing in reply to my post. I thought that this forum was used as a way to support each other not as a way to just take other peoples ideas and not contribute anything. In the online world this is referred to a leeching and I certainly didn't expect it of the members of this forum.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-07, 11:16

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 310/270/220 Male 6'-0"
BF:it is for now
Progress: 44%

Hi-
First of all, congratulations on your weight loss and finding a way to break through your stall. Stalls were what frustrated me last time I was doing lc and I eventually quit. What a mistake!

Second, don't be frustrated by any lack of feedback from the forum members. This is a large group with a huge number of posts. I read upwards of 50 posts a day and only rarely do I respond back. I think diet related stalls are personal to the individual and maybe it's just that nobody feels what you offered was helpful to them. And I apologize for the tough love in advance, but you've been a member for six weeks and you've only posted twice - both having to do with your own topic. It's hypocritical to complain that no one is reponding to your posts when you aren't responding to anyone else's. You mentioned you were stalled until "you found this forum". Take a minute yourself to visit the threads you found inspirational or informative and thank THOSE people before criticizing others for their web habits. You gotta give to recieve.

It also might be helpful for you to start a journal and put more information in your public profile so people can learn a little more about you. I keep a journal which is open to everyone, but I don't care if it gets read by others or not.

Again, well done on your progress so far. Keep up the good work!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-07, 13:57
Registered Member

Stats: 280/280/225 Male 74 Inches
BF:
Progress:

Glad to hear how you cut the stall. Keep in mind that posting is a two way street, you've posted all of two times.

I'm a newbie as well, but realize that participation is key.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-07, 10:04
Registered Member

Plan: my low carb plan
Stats: 343/241/199 Female 000
BF:1st goal-lose 100
Progress: 71%

Girl, don't give up and keep going, response or no response.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-07, 19:56
Lara Croft n Progres

Plan: M&E
Stats: 198/150/125 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:who you calln fat?
Progress: 66%

congrats on breaking your stall! perhpas you'll be someones inspiration and they will have the courage to try and succeed,and perhaps say hi here...somepeople need time and encouragement, and your post was very incouraging, so thank you!! its amazing what a difference cutting out certainthings can do, isnt it? your loss is outstanding!!! great to hear that you're still losing, and i look forward to hearing about your continued suceese..and yes, a journal is a great tool!! feel free to pop into mine anytime, and you dont have to reply..I do it for me and hopefully inspire someone who's in the same boat as me...have a great evening!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-08, 22:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/130/110 Female 5,4
BF:
Progress: 62%

-sniff- I already do all that and havent lost a pound since January. Any other tips?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 09:26

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

archykins, are you really really measuring your food?

do you eat more than 3 or 4 oz of cheese a day?
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 15:50
Registered Member

Stats: 162/130/110 Female 5,4
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennink
archykins, are you really really measuring your food?

do you eat more than 3 or 4 oz of cheese a day?

oh ya I measure. I only have about 1 tbsp I dunno if thats the same or not...failed math in highschool lol
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 06:47

Stats: 348/345/250 Male 6'6"
BF:
Progress:

thank you for the post. I am going to do the same and see if it helps.. God Bless...
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-16-08, 06:02

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by archykins
oh ya I measure. I only have about 1 tbsp I dunno if thats the same or not...failed math in highschool lol

Archykins, for me I found that my medications were preventing me from losing weight. After getting off one of my medications that causes weight gain, I started losing again. I also have to count calories. The closer you get to goal the more calories count. Ultimately, you might have to start counting in order to see the scales move now...