Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Praline Crust
2 cups shelled raw pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons Splenda
1 1/2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup Splenda
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the pecans and salt in a food processor with the S blade in place. Pulse until the pecans are chopped to a medium consistancy.
3. Add the Splenda, molasses, and butter, and pulse again until well blended. Add the water and pulse again, until well combined. At this point, you'll have a soft, sticky mass.
4. Spray a 10 inch pie plate with non stick cooking spray, or butter it well. Turn the pecan mixture into it, and press firmly in place, all over the bottom, and up the sides by 1 1/2 inches or so. Try to get it an even thickness, with no holes, and if you wish, run a finger or knife around the top edge, to get an even, nice looking line.
5. Bake for about 18 minutes. Cool.
6. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
7. Combine the pumpkin, heavy cream, eggs, Splenda, salt, molasses, and spice in a bowl, and whisk together well. Pur into the prebaked and cooled pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Cool and serve with whipped cream.
YIELD: 8 servings, each with 14 grams of carbs, and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 10 ECC, and 6 grams of protein
**From Dana Carpenders 500 Low Carb Recipes