Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 08:31

Plan: My Own
Stats: 200/180/175 Male 5'11.5"
BF:sz36/sz31/sz30
Progress: 80%
Default Welp I did it :D

I reached goal a little while ago, now I just need to stay here! I have never lost befor so I do not how hard staying about goal is, but I guess I still should stay away from grabing candy bars while waiting in line at the store, and prlby should stay with splenda instead fo sugar and all... I guess have not quite figured out a mantiance plan yet. One thing I did do is get rid of all my fat cloths.. that way I know if I gained it back by they way my "skinny" cloths fit and I can not cheat that!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 08:35

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 499.0/166.0/199.0 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Congratulations on a job well done. Best of luck to you in the future.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 08:36
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

WTG Vydor, and welcome to maintenance!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 07:41
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

WTG! *high five*

Yes - get rid of your 'fat' clothes. Take them to the Salvation Army so someone else can benefit from them. Then treat yourself to some new flattering clothes.

The only tricky thing about maintenance is not having a goal; not getting that 'reward' of seeing weight come off. Mentally, it helps me to take the word maintenance literally, like the way you perform maintenance on your home, your car, or other things of value that naturally deteriorate if we don't take care of them. It's a job that's never finished.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 10:04

Stats: 185/154/155 Male 71
BF:18%+/14%/12%
Progress: 103%

Yea, Vydor! You and I have both lost 35 pounds. I have not found it difficult to keep it off and have lost a few extra pounds here and there since reaching goal several months ago. I have continued strength training and cardio and am focusing on adding muscle and losing a little more body fat.

I also felt somewhat lost on deciding what to add or change for maintenance. I eat more fruit and nuts (even apple slices on a salad). Pumpkin, spaghetti squash, and sweet potato are healthy, flexible, moderate carb foods. Some people add brown rice, oatmeal, and whole grain breads as well. I used to sneak a french fry or two, but I find I no longer miss potatoes. Wow! Likewise I have almost stopped eating low carb bread and bagels (though I do enjoy low carb wraps).

I also eat more flax products such as hot cereal and waffle mix and I have been experiementing with the new CarbQuick bake mix. Last night I even made cinnamon buns -- talk about feeling guilty! My latest effort to add carbs is a Tri-O-Plex oatmeal/peanut butter bar about an hour and a half before heavy strength training. I think my carb consumption was still too low for much muscle gain. The bars have 30 - 40 grams of carbs.

When dining out, I am more willing to try sauces or foods I might have avoided while actively losing. I suspect my cells are not as insulin resistant as they once were, but I do not wish to push things too far. Besides, I believe there are real health benefits and slower aging that come with continued low carb eating.

Congratulations and welcome to maintenance, Vydor!

Last edited by GeoUSA : Tue, Nov-09-04 at 10:53.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 23:38
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Congratulations Vyder!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 23:53

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3