Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 09:16
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I actually bought the thyroid panel screening from healthcheckusa.com and paid for it for my sister to have hers looked at. I knew she'd never get it done herself. Could you do that for your Mom?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 10:25
Experimenter

BF:

I was looking around at Enterolab again, I think he's got a new FAQ up. But this sounded very hopeful to me!
(In regards to the connection between food intolerances and autoimmune disease)

http://68.178.214.220/StaticPages/F...erpretation.htm
Quote:
Can autoimmune diseases or reactions improve with a gluten-free diet?
Clearly most immune-related damage in the intestine heals with a gluten-free diet. Now it appears from early research of this question that many if not all autoimmune diseases such as autoimmune thyroid disease, psoriasis, alopecia, arthritis, lupus, hepatitis, diabetes, among others, and autism improve with a gluten-free diet. Because the immune reactions to cow's milk proteins also are immune and autoimmune stimulating, new research is focusing on the benefits of what has come to be called a gluten-free/casein-free diet, which likely is more beneficial in this regard than a gluten-free diet alone (see below). The less immune-stimulating the diet, the less fuel on which the immune fire has to burn. Other immune-stimulating foods include other grains, legumes (including soy), dietary yeast, and especially for arthritic patients, nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, egg plant, and hot red peppers).
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 12:17
Experimenter

BF:

Lab Analysis for thryoid
This is a great site which explains some of the tests and how they work on a scale.

My only criticism is he doesn't use FT3/FT4 on his test.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 09:13
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yeah, Dr. Rind only uses FT3 and FT4 if you have elevated estrogen levels or you're on birth control or pregnant. I'm not sure I agree with that either (or his feelings about a suppressed TSH meaning that the adrenals are struggling) but I find the rest of his stuff pretty interesting.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 10:55
Experimenter

BF:

Yeah, I saw that too and didn't feel like that was true. I don't believe I have elevated estrogen at all and my Free T3 levels are in the crapper. However, I did just find out I've potentially got Lupus. I wonder if that can muck with T3 levels? I think I'm in a flare right now. I have zero energy, even raising my armour dose isn't helping with the energy.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 15:24

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Hey Nancy -

I tried to pull up this link and the page would not open. Can you double check it? altsupporthyroid.org (copied from post #1)

Thanks
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 10:24
Experimenter

BF:

Yikes, sorry I missed your post: http://www.altsupportthyroid.org/ I think you're missing the 2nd "t".

Still works for me.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 10:45

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks Nancy
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-07, 08:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/230/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Many of your links on the opening article are not opening properly. Not sure if they have just gone out of date since it is 2 years old.

Thanks for the info. I just got tested yesterday, so I am on the wait and see part of this.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-07, 09:55
Experimenter

BF:

Yeah, can't update anything since there's a limit on how long you can modify posts in this message forum.
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-07, 08:16

Stats: 260/230/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Is it possible for you to post the links further along in the thread? I have enjoyed reading this stickie and would like to see those few that are not working properly.

I just had my blood tested on thursday so I am waiting for the results, though after reading this, I am pretty sure I will be requesting some armour even if they comback in the normal range....and the nice thing is my doctor is pretty willing to work with me on what I have asked so far. So we shall see.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-07, 08:57
Experimenter

BF:

I don't really keep up to date on this stuff any longer and most people use google these days to find stuff pretty quickly. I'll ask the moderators to unsticky it since it is getting out-of-date.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-08, 02:00

Stats: 248/248/160 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

This is sooo helpful, I just ordered 2 books on hypothyroidism and have a doc appointment soon. I'm pretty sure my medicine is off. My heart races even with minimal activity. I've only been tested with blood work before. This time I'll be sure to do the other tests as well and have my doctor consult with an endocrinologist. Thanks again!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-08, 04:00

Stats: 165/162.5/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:way to much!!
Progress: 5%

sublingually means under the tounge, might not do so well between the cheek and gums.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-08, 08:23
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbethin
sublingually means under the tounge, might not do so well between the cheek and gums.

It all leads to the same thing. No one would know what I was talking about if I said take it buccally (including myself, until just a few moments ago).
http://www.enotes.com/nursing-encyc...-administration
Quote:
Definition
Sublingual and buccal medications are administered by placing them in the mouth, either under the tongue (sublingual) or between the gum and the cheek (buccal). The medications dissolve rapidly and are absorbed through the mucous membranes of the mouth, where they enter into the bloodstream. The medications are compounded in the form of small, quick-dissolving tablets, sprays, lozenges, or liquid suspensions.

I would even give something that doesn't dissolve easily a careful crunch or two and then tuck it into my cheek with my tongue. It helps break down faster when it is in smaller pieces. And you can talk and carry on normally with it in your cheek, not so easy when you're trying to hold it under your tongue.