Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 15:48
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default Thyroid hair and caffeine?

My hair loss began the first time I was taken off of thyroid medication suddenly. My hair has never recovered, and many times that I've lost down to some baldness between thyroid, stress and sleep loss.

We were talking about this in stem association. A woman wrote her Ph.D. thesis on caffeine, she said it can stimulate hair follicles and thicken hair. Someone had said caffeine shampoo had helped her hair.

Me, ever so cheap am thinking why not add tea to my shampoo. I don't fancy my blond hair so maybe I could become a natural shade darker as well.

Has anyone tried this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 16:06

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I dont know. I do drink a lot of green tea so maybe that is what is keeping my hair in place.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

When I used black tea as a tincture for athletes feet my feet did turn yellow brown but I was soaking my feet for an hour twice a day for almost a month. lol ( I got tired of having to wipe off my feet and store the tub of tea and switched to CO for the final cure).
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 16:52
Registered Member

I read it has to be concentrated caffeine, they believe it has to be on the bulb of the root. But you can skip your morning coffee since it gets into the bloodstream from the scalp. Desperate people will try odd remedies - that would be me with my pathetic hair.

My hair is only falling out a tiny bit since I began treatment for my sleep disorder 12 days ago. Maybe that's where my problem lies.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 17:19

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Well.... I think there were holistic methods that did provide a good solution. Just no money in testing so it is difficult to know what will work.

Unclear.Are u looking more hair, or less hair now that u started meds?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-18, 01:00
Registered Member

My hair until this last week falls out by the handful and the strands are very thin. I used rogaine which helps to hold the hair in but just got sick of that and want a less unnatural chemical answer.

It's something in my system, I haven't plucked my eyebrows in several years, their very thin and scanty also.