Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 16:16

Plan: dietitican prescribed
Stats: 272/186/159 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I don't know much about this subject but I have heard that nuts are actually very good for cleaning the colon...but then you have to watch the fat content I guess. If I ever have to use a colon cleanse I would prefer a more natural way. I had problems with constipation not to long ago and did finally give in and use a laxitive....not something I would ever want to do again
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 134/134/120 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

WHAT is MGO and where can you get it can you get it at A better health foodstore?
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 08:10

Plan: raw vegan diet
Stats: 169/141/130 Female 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default colon cleanses

Just a comment on constipation. When candida overgrowth in the gut is especially bad, the way it "keeps from being expelled" is by keeping you constipated. I don't know how it happens but every time I go on a huge course of probiotics or antifungals, if I don't do an awful lot (besides my raw vegan diet) I will be constipated. I guess those little "buggers" will do anything they can "not to get evicted." lol

So if you take laxatives, psyllium husk or whatever, usually it is only for the first few weeks until the candida "give up their hold". It is best to have 3 BM's a day but with tough infestations, even with lots of fluids, fiber, bowel cleanses etc. I can still struggle to have one a day. It isn't so much "retraining the bowel" I don't believe, I believe it is simply the candida's way to "stay where they are warm, well fed and comfortable."

One other thing- pork is not digested by humans, it sits as a sludge in our bowels for long periods and candida love it. I limit "pork" to 2 or 3 bites at a holiday meal or during the summer when I make BLT's for the rest of my family.

As for fruit in your diet, I have discovered I can have all I want without repercussions- but fruit is best to be eaten as a meal all by itself. If you eat all the fruit you want at breakfast and then don't eat anything else for at least 1/2 hr. all the fruit is totally digested and won't ferment in the gut and feed the candida. Yesterday I was on the go and all I had time for was mostly my veggie juices and fruit. I had tons of fruit and not one sign of candida (when I screw up my diet I'll have symptoms within 15 min. usually).

As for why we might need to increase oxygen in the bowel- I've been trying to figure this out myself. Here is my conclusion:
From what I have read, and understand about candida, some bacteria thrive in an oxygen free environment. Giving oxygen to your gut helps this. I have a friend who got some kind of oxyblast plus water treatment for their farm and home (treating it with herbs, essential oils and food grade hydrogen peroxide using a pump that infuses teeny amts. in the water supply for their house and farm. Besides the farm animals needing much less antibioitics and increasing milk production, two people in the home with celiac disease (auto-immune GI problem where you can't handle any glutens in diet) and multiple allergies now have absolutely no symptoms.

I've read other places that people have simply used a little food grade hydrogen peroxide in their water (very little, too much can kill you- like 3-6 drops to a gallon of water).

As a nurse, this does make sense that anytime you increase circulation to an area (or oxygen), you nourish the tissue and it can "fight back" more easily. I know however, that candida can live in an oxygen environment but does seem to like to burrow deep into oxygen depleted areas of the body. Sounds worth a try.

Last edited by TNTLeAnn : Fri, Aug-26-05 at 08:15.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-06, 08:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177.5/148/135 Female 5'4"
BF:30.8%/25.2/20%
Progress: 69%

Lily did you lose any weight after trying the cleanse?
Did you notice any other benefits? I've heard they can help the skin look better etc......

How was it? Did you have to go all the time? I'm concerned I will get the urge at work and have to be constantly going........ can you control the urge once you get it?
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-06, 09:29

Stats: 220/216/156 Female 5'7"
BF:35%/35%/20 -25%
Progress: 6%

Yakumo (and especially ojoj!),

I think that you'd find it well worth your while to go to the following website: www.drnatura.com and read all about this all-natural at-home colonic system. I cannot stress how strongly I believe that many of our ills are directly related to the colon. (This the result of a great deal of research.) I guarantee you that while you will doubtless find the pictures gross, you'll be more than eager to make sure you do all that you can to ensure a clean colon!!

Lillibet
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-06, 23:25
Autistic Carnivore

Plan: NeanderThin
Stats: 369/244.5/219 Male 70 inches
BF:37.5
Progress: 83%

I'm on the Colonix program now. I like it. The tea is tasty. I do poop more often then I'd like to, and so far nothing evil has come out, but I do feel better and I am loosing weight faster.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 06:32

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid
and so far nothing evil has come out

After reading the testimonials, I would be afraid of what I might find!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 220/210/220 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress:

I'm new here and have been diagnosed with a candida infection a couple of months ago, you'll probably see my posts everywhere now.

A word of caution: be careful on the colon cleanses. If you take them too often you run the risk of perforating the intestine, which is bad. then you've really got problems.

A word of advice: check out "The missing Diagnosis" by Dr. C. Orian Truss. Very helpful
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-06, 02:23

Stats: 143/143/200 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Colon cleanses can be dangeroud, but basic enemas seem pretty safe.
I also have Candida and Rickettsia and Chlymadia and who knows what else...

I recently got the Blessed Herbs Colon Cleanse kit but haven't used it yet. It looks promising, but a lot of it is marketing hype...