Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#631   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:14

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default C7 update

Still going strong - well as strong as I need to be right now. Friday's workout last week left me in agony. Not sure if it was workout related or if I passed a Kidney stone - it certainly felt like that kind of stabbing, unrelenting pain. Painkillers and gravol did little to lessen it - I didn't sleep much Friday night. Saturday left me with a dull ache and Sunday I felt better. No aching muscles like when I'd throw my back out, so I'm not sure what was up.

I curtailed workouts until Monday and started back with some cardio. I've pulled off a tris/bis/forearms workout and a chest/back/shoulders/traps workout since, and a few cardio sessions for good measure.

I have cut out the decline presses - I think they were messing with my back (I cannot not arch when I do them - bench is too high I think).

So on to Week 3 this sunday, following a Carb-up/Refeed on Saturday!

Nat
Sponsored Links
  #632   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 13:55

BF:
Default Refeed

I'm deep in the midst of a refeed (read "I'm stuffed to the gills") - I was going to do a depletion workout this morning but realized that would mean I'd only have to eat that much more! So I'm going to have to contend with just filling myself full of carbs and working out manana. I'll be sure to make it well worth my while

Nat
  #633   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 14:09

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Hi Nat! What are you eating during your refeed? I read the 13 weeks to hardcore fat burning plan. Looks tough! Hope all is well with you.
  #634   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 16:17

BF:
Talking Hiyah, Toots

*lol* What am I eating? What am I not eating!

What Nat's eating today:

Fat Free chocolate Gelato
No Pudge capuccino brownies w/ protein powder
Reduced Fat baked french fries drenched in catsup
rotiserrie chicken w/ Fat Free gravey
Rockets (smarties)
Skittles
Natural peanut butter (on the brownies w/ the gelato melted on top)
Sugar Crip cereal (first ingredient in this breakfast cereal? SUGAR)

3200 calories, 75% carbs, 15% protein, 10% fat. It's almost time to eat again

What Nat's eating tomorrow:

I'm never eating again!

N
  #635   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 16:50

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Hehe...that's a lotta calories, but I know that's the point!Surprisingly, I don't envy what you're eating! Ok, well maybe the brownies...
  #636   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 22:03

Plan: Loony plans
Stats: 205/146/145 Male 5'6" - 167cm
BF:28%/ around 10%/7%
Progress: 98%
Default 13 weeks

Hey Nat,

After I got into the habit of stretching, most of my lower back pain vanished. I did static slow stretches everyday for a couple of months and that was it, no more low back pain when exercising.

I stumbled across the "13 wees to hardcore fat burning" ~ abc a while ago. I didn't do it because it requires thinking and calculation . I personally like the T-Dawgs. Did you check T-Dawg V. 2.0 at t-mag? Totaly no brainers diet. Did you have the chance to look at the EDT training?

Refeed feels good doesn't it

See you later,

Loony
  #637   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 22:26

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hey T!
You still with us after all that eating?!?! LOL You are reminding me of my CKD days!

Enjoy girl!
L
  #638   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 22:51

BF:
Default Re: 13 weeks

Quote:
Originally posted by loony33

Refeed feels good doesn't it
Hey, Toots. Refeed feels.. full ('scuse me while I burp ) I'm not a big fan of them, but they are necessary.

T-dawg, interestingly enough, doesn't allow for me to lose any new fat. LC permits me to maintain now, or lose water bloat - low fat, on the otherhand, has the lbs just melting off (at the right time of the month anyway). I suspect I'll return to a more isocaloric diet for Maintenance.

I have the t-mag link booked and I'll make another effort to peek at it tomorrow - looks like we're snowed in.

Linda, still here - J think's I've lost it. He's usually not around when I do this. He watched me down two bowls of sugar crisps about 30 minutes ago and commented "you're eating....again??" Can't argue with the results though!

N (rolling outta here)
  #639   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 08:29

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

How did it feel to eat all that??????? you are the woman...Taking chances, trying new things, your body must not know whats coming next. I was thinking of you this morning and I wanted to pop by and say hi. I really appreciate all your help. I wonder how you find the time to research,visit,post and etc......your amazing. I have to say I am feeling really good today. Its like a turning point for me..you know reaching the one hundreds. I know as a woman you can relate to this...Today is my 8 month anniversary of low carbing and I am happy to report that I have gone from the 300's to the 100's in that time..Never thought it was possible...Thanks again for all your help and encouragement and yeah and being a role model for the countless people here..
Laurie
  #640   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 08:46

BF:

Wow, Laurie! When you do something, you do something! Not just 199, 198!!! WTG

Being a success at something feel good; helping others be a success feels even better - but I'm sure you know that

Nice job, Toots
N
  #641   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 13:04

BF:
Smile Fin

met·a·mor·pho·sis ( P ) (mt-môrf-ss)
n. pl. met·a·mor·pho·ses (-sz)

• 1. A transformation, as by magic or sorcery.
    2. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.

I think the past 18 months qualify, although as the pages in this journal will attest, there was no magic or sorcery involved.

Thank you for egging me on and for helping me stay on track. Please see Nat's Log for details.

Nat
Closed Thread