Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 21:33

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/163/135 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Zippetydoda's Gym Log

In 2001, I started up exercising with one aerobic tape 3 days per week..something like 45 minutes to one hour. for 3 years...I experienced no weight loss...Until I decided to do something about my diet and increase my activity.

3 Months ago I went to 2 exercise tapes a day..one being a toning tape which was buns of steel the next one was jane fonda step aerobics lower body workout. This brought me success in some weight loss....I decided to get disciplined about my eating. And am trying to find the right calorie amount I need to eat in order to lose 1-2 pounds weekly. Still fiddling with that..but have stayed at around 1200..would like to make it closer to 1400. This forum has given me inspiration that at 42 I can change the way my body looks...mainly my legs.

I started moving my rear more...only sitting down for the last hour or two in the evenings... Now I've got 10 more pounds to lose...I want to see the finish line.

My legs are not toned even though I've been doing leg toning exercises for almost 2 years with the buns of steel tape. Now I just found the buns of steel 3 tape with tammilee and she does lots and lots of squats and lunges. I started this tape on my birthday aug. 2 2004. It is hard and I am noticing that my legs are much more sore after doing the workout! It must mean something is happening down there right!!

I wake up around 10:00 have coffee and read until my 11:00 workout which I do by myself down in the basement. I follow the Buns of steel 3 tape, with the jane fonda step aerobic lower body workout tape in the AM. This takes me from 11:00 AM to 12:40 PM to complete..then it is time for breakfast.

I've been an evening eater all of my life and I've heard not to eat after 6:00 and you will lose weight. Well to keep my mind off of food, In the evening from 8:00 - 9:00 I walk briskly on the treadmill....I have only been doing this for the last five days..but It has really helped my psychologically...afterall I'm not doing anything else in the evening..might as well make the most of it I figure.

My main goal...and I hope it isn't too lofty is to have tight toned legs. My fear is that my legs have been overweight for so long that they will not stretch back into shape at 42 years of age. I don't know if it is mostly cellulite I see on the fronts AND Backs of my thighs or mainly loose skin jiggling all over.

I am concidering stopping some of the cardio and doing weight lifing leg exercises...but the lunges and squats I'm doing m-f make me wonder If I can do more.

Well in total the last 5 days..I've been doing exercises in the AM and PM....M_F and then take the weekends off. Sunday we went on a 14 mile mountain bike ride in Virginia on the Creeper trail that intersects the Appalachian trail and the scenery was so beautiful that I had to pinch myself that I'm actually living in such a place, and not in Los Angeles anymore!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 05:56

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey Zippy,
So glad to find you over at my gym log. I had done Curves for almost 3 years, and finally realized that I needed more. So that is when I joined a ''real'' gym, and I have a Personal Trainer, which has been great.

I notice you are very close to your goal weight that is so great. I have to say that I do know exercise is a must, but our eating habits are just as important.

Come by and visit anytime. Wishing you a great day.

Joan
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 22:24

BF:

Ok! I have changed my workout now to attack my legs, which have always been my primary problem.

I have continued to start the workout with the buns of steel 3 workout and Then I pop in a new tape I got at a garage sale that's been sitting around for a few weeks because I wasn't sure If I'd like kathy smith since I didn't like her aerobox workout. Anway..I put her kathy's Smith's weight loss work-out tape in after buns 3 and wow!!! what a great combination I have now...I've dropped the buns of steel 1 tape and jane fonda step tape and I think this combination will give me the results I'm after. With both tapes this is the count of lunges and squats I do each day......

straight up and down lunges each leg.....49
regular lunges alternating each leg.....73
side lunges (each leg) ...85
squats.....137
1 leg bent squats (each leg)....16
Backward Lunges each leg......15
Ple'ays......47

thats 222 lunges per leg
153 squats
47 ple'ays!
Plus the cardio includes a weight section so I'm toning my arms as well. At night I've been getting on the treadmill most nights throught the week.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 20:33

BF:

I am still doing the Buns of steel 3 tape with tamilee web..it is the best one I've seen so far. and also step in motion2 by Cathe Freidrick..which is a killer.

All in all I am doing about an hour a day of cardio 5x per week.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-06, 07:46

BF:

I am using the 8 inch step as of january 9th 06. This will help firm my legs. When I get to my goal weight I am starting weight training.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-06, 11:42

BF:

Oh gosh..haven't posted here in a long time....Monday I decided to start walking/jogging 10,000 steps each day instead of the aerobic tapes that I've done for years and years. The 8" step was helping...but it got monotonous. Yesterday I walked 13000 + steps during the day which for me is over 5.5 miles!!

I am in the garden today...planting seeds ...have the multicolored bell peppers planted/canaloupe hills/cukes/brocolli/ my tomatoes from last year are coming back by themselves I think this year..at least they look like tomatoe seedlings...also my coriander/cilantro which I love to put mexican food is coming back up! Now..it's back outside to plant the flower seeds! I love the springtime!!