Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 18:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hello!

Well, the return to reality begins tomorrow. Around noon, I'll take 4 of the girls to the airport and then 1 more at 2. Sis and I will head north after the last drop off. We'll drive about 6 hours and then spend the night in Virginia. Tuesday we'll have another 5 1/2 hours to her house. I'll finally get home early afternoon Wednesday. Whew!

The weather has been SO nice! We were very lucky. The condo is beautiful and has worked out perfectly. I am more than ready to get back on a good eating regime. Ugh...so full and bloated all the time. I won't weigh in until Monday... After a few good eating days.

I've tried to keep up with you all, but will get back in the groove when I'm home.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 05:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue, yea he has 4 days of work and then leaving directly from work on his 4th day. This is his season, poor guy works like a dog so I try to give him as much hunting as I can before the holidays grow closer. The season really isn't that long.

Portion Control. THAT IS MY problem right now also.

This is very real and in my face. Thing is I am fine til I start to eat...the minute I eat, I want more. More. and MORE!

The only reprieve is eating my zero carb in quantity I don't gain as long as I do not include ANY carbs, but if I nibble and snitch a bite here and there, slowly that is tacking on those up .2 and .4 and while I NEVER worry about those, well heck, they start to friggin' add up!!

I love what JO says on my hardcore thread, she is never hungry until that first bite then her world becomes all about food and alot of it I have to say I am the exact same way!! Trying to find ways around it tho. forever that work in progress!

Nicco, you do sound like a refreshed new person
SO LUCKY you get to go out for Tday. We had the big family/cousin ones and tons of people in the old days. Everyone is scattered and the older group have passed mostly and it is not the same at all. I find one thing tho, you lose tons of fun and family on that day but ya also give up that holiday stress for prep also...kinda double edge sword on it for me.

Jaz hubby works on Tday. Me and kiddo gonna go take my mom out for lunch then home. This will be a no go Tday for us basically. Which is fine, we don't mind

So happy to hear a great report about DD!!!

HI ALL
nothing major today.

I don't buy soda much anymore even for family, my hubby picks it up when he wants and I have been buying to 'super mini' small 8 packs for kiddo now and then.........but the store said sale on Pepsi at .99 each and thought wow, might get some and stock for hubby.

the regular price of his Pepsi Wild Cherry is-----get this---

$2.18 per 2 liter. WHAT THE HECK? When in the heck did a 2 liter GO OVER into the $2 range? I am shocked this sludge costs so much now?

But at .99 I will buy him about 6 bottles. OMG I wish he would stop the soda!!! He doesn't go overboard but he drinks it daily, along with alot of water but still seeing that soda in the house drives me insane

So off to get a bunch of heavy-azz bottles today. I despise heavy loads from the store LOL

Bread is another one. I hardly buy it other than the cheap hamburger buns so hubby has something but he wanted a loaf of bread he said, and WOW on that price hike! I despise buying bread cause it is touch and go...some times he eats a ton of it and it goes, but mostly I have leftover moldy stuff that hits the garbage. What a waste of money! And this is the kind of hubby that hates it in the fridge or from the freezer

Old days I would throw bread and not think about it, NOW with prices that high, come on ya know LOL Time to wean hubby more off soda and bread...no doubt about that. He did well for a while there but has backslided into more of it, and his belly is showing it

well enough mumbling, off to store as soon as kiddo gets out the door for school, and has friday off for Veterans Day She is thrilled short week!

everyone have a find monday!
  #153   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 08:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Lovelies!

Ahhh, today is day one of my self-imposed week-long staycation. It may include fixing dinners, doing laundry and paying bills, but I have cleared most obligations from my calendar and am committing myself to just resting, reading, catching up on some tv, and doing some Xmas prep- making calendars (with the exception of going back to add some Thanksgiving pics), doing some online shopping and the like. All at my own pace. YES!

The cleaning ladies come this morning and the house is straightened enough for them to get in and get some stuff done. Right now I've got the second load of laundry going. I have some returns to make to Costco at some point this week- I might do that today, we'll see. Tonight is my Book Club and I finished the book last night, so I'm ready for that.

Tonight will be ribs for dinner- potatoes for the menfolk. I will probably use McSteamy to make mine early for a Linner but we'll see.

I will probably mix up some new pumpkin fluff tomorrow or Wednesday. That stuff really is so amazingly good and I have felt like I have been having a decadent treat all week long when I have it, yet it is completely LC. It has been a great addition to my LC arsenal. So delicious! I've been making my own Pumpkin Spice coffee in the mornings with cold brew coffee, water, a pat of butter, HWC and pumpkin pie spice, along with stevia. So YUM!

Down a half pound- 137.8. No plans to have my next off plan moments until this upcoming weekend.

BLUE - My DH is exactly the same with the sodas. He buys three or four 12 packs of cans. I'm not sure how long they last him. He has one every morning, one every night with dinner. That is his minimum. Weekends probably 3-4. I gave up soda about a year ago now and I have no desire to open a can at home, ever. I have the Bai drinks but have one maybe every 1-2 months? I drink my coffee in the morning and then water thereafter. Dh doesn't eat a whole lot of bread but he has a penchant for junky eating that is pretty on fire right now. Crappy packaged donuts, apple strudel, chocolate muffins- stuff like that. Now, you guys know I can eat junk (!) but for me it tends to be a one-off and then steer clear for a while. Luckily the crappy packaged donuts don't call to me- if I'm going to have one it is going to be a nice DD one- and the strudel and muffins don't either. Now, the banana cake I baked yesterday with the old bananas- that is some good stuff. I'm going to do my best to ignore it and eat my pumpkin fluff!

Agreed about hosting T-gving being a LOT of work. We try to help a little in terms of bringing things- I bring artichoke dip and baguette, and a fruit platter for the kids. My other SIL brings 2-3 whiskey cakes and the jello mold. My MIL usually has done the sweet potatoes but I don't know if she is able anymore. Fortunately my SIL who hosts has her Mom fly in and stay with her, and also her sister comes and they do a bunch of helping before we even get there. But yeah, when the day comes that it falls on MY shoulders to start hosting my own growing and expanding family, well, that will be quite overwhelming.. and probably not too too TOO far down the road. We'll see!

Lori- Safe travels back home! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Jaz- Back to work after a nice weekend! So glad to hear your DD is still with child and many many good thoughts and wishes going her way until she goes back to the DR on Tuesday.
How can we encourage you with portion sizes? I want to help by rooting you on, and Blue and Trig too, since you all mention that this is your current focus. You guys can do it!!

Last edited by niccofive : Mon, Nov-07-16 at 08:23.
  #154   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 17:49

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Leeann- want to help me with portion control? 2 words DUCT TAPE....HYST HYST HYST!!! Boy I miss that emoji!! LOLOLOL

I just have to clamp down and do it. I bet your tummy is ten times smaller with your lack of food the last 2 months. It is wonderful when it shrinks like that- marvelous ! Little to no hungries. It when it all big and screams- YOU HAVE NOT FED ME!!!!! when I have ...lololol
Awesome on your down time! REST UP-
So your coffee: Brewed coffee warm or cold, pat of butter, pumpkin spice, full fat whipped cream and stevia? That would be SO filling - no wonder you aren't hungry for hours! What kind of whipped cream do you get? In a can?

Trig- I agree- your buying soda? I'd tell that man to buy his own. So not good- does he not get how good you are doing- weight you have lost? That crap is waste of money? Boy that would be rough.
So you on hardcore thread too? Is it helpful? I'm sure you love us though!

Blue- I like decorating for the holidays too- even though just me, I went for few years and did nothing after my divorce. It was really sad years. So I feel festive and want pretty lights, and the works. So I do it now- bought a tree last year- this year I think I want an all silver theme....... beautiful- pure.
I bet your place it beautiful.
Is your son coming home?

All-

Rough getting outta bed this morning. The time change has played with me- I want to crash like at 7- hahahahah

Kinda bummed the nurse that was training me- abruptly just quit this morning- SAY WHATTTTTTTT???????
The good news- this is a cake job- I picked it up week one- so I just picked up where she left off and am flying with it. My boss had jaw drop. really though- cake job this is. But for right now- perfect.

Leftovers- had Meme fried chicken strips leftover - ate TOO MANY- all LC- again need to tape mouth . Feel vey full. Almost uncomfortable- don't like that. Expect a stall - from just too much. no loss no gain- .

I need to get on this.
I signed up today to volunteer at Atlanta Diabetic association - doing education. So I wait for them to call me back.

Be well- love concurs all divisions- on the eve of election. At the end of the day we are all just wanting the same thing. Love, acceptance, peace, family, enough to keep lights and dog food on table, and maybe a great glass of wine here and there! Cheers to my sisters in LC -
  #155   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 19:34

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---Yep, same is true for me. Once I start eating I want to keep going. For me it's at a meal, not much of a snacker. But if I'm eating something LC I like, I want big and more.

Lately I haven't been able to fast till dinner at all, which means for me having a BPC or iced/cream coffee about 9 and then nothing till 6 or 6:30. That used to work for me a couple days out of the week, but not these days. Fall/cooler weather seems to make me hungrier faster, and I've been running around for work a lot lately, and if I don't eat I get light headed. So just trying to nip it here and there and wherever I can, and like I said, even that is giving me a growling stomach. Trying to keep at it and adapt.

Nic---A couple of my pals sent their kids to religious schools and they both struggled w/what you are struggling with, but had to balance out the pros and cons. One pal was living w/her boyfriend and had her 10 year old son come home and tell her she was "living in sin." She told him she was living in love--- that God didn't mind you questioning some things and finding what's right for you to live a happy, giving life. I loved that and little Benji just gave her a big hug and said "I trust you mom." Never forgot that story, and I think it's true that while the church leads in its way, we parents can lead in ours.

Decided not to pass on the latest psych thriller I was reading because although it was a very tightly woven, suspenseful and twisty tale, it was also very dark, made Girl on The Train look like a walk in the park. Don't think it would be your thing.

BUT, boy, do I have a book for you. "Vacationland" by Sarah Stonich. I'm only a quarter in, and don't usually like to make recs before I've finished the book. But this book is so gorgeously written, and the story is just as strong. Think it's going to be a stand out in recent reading.

Jaz---So, Mr. Big is cut lose, what's next? If I know you you'll take a bit of a break and go right back at it. DO. DO. DO. IMO, it's an odd's game. If you're older a good match site allows you to treat this thing as business. Every post is an interview for a job. Now that sounds cold, and not that romantic, but it was never that romantic finding your mate in a bar or at a party or on a blind date either---UNTIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, it was romantic, because things clicked. You go girl, keep going, keep searching. I totally believe it's out there for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm continuing to try to cut portions and various things here and there. It's not comfortable, but it's not horrible. Pretty much everything we do is habit. I'm trying to change some of mine.

As I have said, my 6/1 plan is not so much about a cheat on that one day, as what I do with my other 6 days.
  #156   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 20:26

BF:

Blue- Thanks for the rec! I saved it as "Want to Read" on my Goodreads account. This is my current stack, all due back on Nov 28 except one:

The Woman in Cabin 10

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess: Clothes, Shopping, Waste, Food, Possessions, Media, Stress

Food Freedom Forever: Letting Go of Bad Habits, Guilt and Anxiety Around Food

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
and
You Will Know Me (a novel)

I guess that should keep me busy for a while!

I started a book today and got about ten pages in and just said FORGET IT. It was awful. I am willing to suspend belief to a degree but then Imma just gonna get irritated.

That is a very good story about religious school- it is such a balancing act. Not sure I would do it again, but it has afforded them great opportunities in many ways. Three and a half more years to go.

Jaz- no whipped cream, just heavy cream, you know? Like not half and half, but cream. And so good! Many days I skip the butter, just depends on what I feel like doing. For a long time I did butter and coconut oil but I haven't done that in months now. I always, always do hwc and have for the past two years. YUM!

Love that you are ready to take over and able to do so, even without the nurse trainer! Wonder why she up and left though. Did you know it was going to happen? Does there seem to be a lot of turnover? Curious as to what you will hear around the office about it.

Ah, tomorrow is election day. It will suck on social media tomorrow but the next couple of days will be even worse, with some gloating and some saying the end of the world is nigh. Ergh, sick of it all and sick of them both. Nuff said.

Book club tonight was good. Glad I went!
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 21:51

BF:
Progress:

Yes Nic tomorrow is election day. I know we all have our feelings and beliefs, and I hope every one of us gets out and votes for what we believe in. The vote is the cornerstone to our Democracy. And imo, anyone who sits home and doesn't vote forfeits their right to whine about the results.

I'll be at our neighorhood poll pretty bright and early. Here in Minnesota, we can early vote, but I love voting on election day, and thankfully, in this state, we don't have to wait for hours in line to cast our vote, because in this state, we put money into polling stations and plenty of them. We have one of the highest turn out records in the nation.

No matter how you vote, or what you believe, if you don't believe voting should be accessible to all, don't talk to me about it, because it's not going to go well.

I almost NEVER talk politics with you gals, because I know we all have our own individual beliefs. But, I DO believe that we must all vote and take our chances, and however that turns out, we must accept the will of the voters.

Nic, I'm not "sick of both of them." I don't see them as equal when it comes to my values, but to each our own. Important thing is to give voice in your vote to what you believe in. To raise our children to know that voting is SO important.

We used to always take our son w/us to vote. Then we'd go for a treat malt or whatever, wherever. In time, he learned to love voting day. And to this day, that kid votes, every darn time, and he's only 24.

I consider that one of my successes as a parent.
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 22:05

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

You know one thing I noticed is that there a lot of other people on here about my weight and more who have been at it a long time. Some of us are maintaining and admit it and some don't. Is it better to face the truth and admit to maintaining or pretend everything is on track for loosing but for some mystical reason it isn't happening. IDK, I think it takes guts to tell the truth. I admire you Blue for having your plan and doing what you need to do without being influenced negatively by naysayers. That deserves pom poms if you ask me
The lady who ran off because of the macaroni and cheese story, would I have thought that way when I first started, maybe so. Is it all smoke and mirrors to keep up a story of a plan but nothing is moving down? I was just thinking that it's better to face the truth and deal with it. I am OP most 99% of the time but I have had some yoghurt with blueberries from time to time. No cookies, no chips etc...so I'm with it.
Not everybody is the same so I think it's better to realize that we all need to find out what is working for us, not feeling like there is anything wrong with that.
And so it goes.....
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 23:09

BF:
Progress:

meme---hey, who doesn't love those pompoms?! And, I thank you for your support. Really and truly. XO.

But, I think some folks find themselves here on LC our way, and find that we are not a tight enough girdle for them. KWIM? They need to be amongst those who have a stricter plan, and are happy on it. I get that.

I too am on plan, if not 99% of the time, then at least, say, 95% of the time. You'd think that would be enough to WIN. But, as I grow older---this is now close to my 4th year on a LC plan---I find it doesn't work as easily as it once did, BUT it works well enough. Better than other options, so I keep on keepin' on w/it, albeit in various renditions.

And yes, "we all need to find out what works for us" which is why I'm HERE on an "our way" thread. I enjoy hearing how everyone is doing it in different ways and learn from each and everyone on this thread. I enjoy the variety of how people try to do this. I enjoy hearing about people who are different than me, and how they are---and yet, the same in so many ways.

BTW, I love the berries, and have them w/cream and a sprinkle of sweetener now and then---my go to dessert if I need one, even for breakfast if necessary, lol.
  #160   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 01:04

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Can you tell I wrote that in two quick sittings? I think I repeated myself a time or two.
Yes it's much faster in the beginning, so exciting with the testing, the scale down, down, down, but now that it has stopped. Three years in for me this Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I am at a place where I get to eat the meat and veggies that I love, so I really don't feel deprived like it's a diet and because of that I am never really tempted to eat a bunch of trash carbs. The food is so rich if we take advantage of what we can cook/eat. Look at the oven chicken, so rich that I usually can only eat one thigh but I also bulk it up with my veggies and that definitely makes it livable for life..
I could never do low fat like years ago. I think when we were younger we just looked at loosing some weight as a temporary thing that had to be corrected short term and not a WOE for life, we were invincible then. Now we know what will happen to us if we don't stay on this WOE. We will develop all sorts of bad ailments that could be the death of us, a slow unfriendly death. So it's a little different mentality in middle age.
The value in this forum and others is that we get reinforcement in our mission and not to mention all of the answers to our questions that we can find here and I Know that is what has kept me on this path.
  #161   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 05:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Happy Voting day Ladies!

I agree- to vote is our chance to be heard- regardless of who. It's the principle.

I loved the story about not living in "sin" but living in love. I was kicked outta my church when I got divorced. "because good Godly women don't leave their husbands"- Well, It has taken me years to get past that.

I accept that people are flawed and say things they shouldn't. It let stuff life that now roll off my back. I have come to a place that if at the end of the day I can look in the mirror and be ok- then I'm good and nothing else matters.
But then again I feel that even though I am not "in church"- I have a high ethic and moral compass.

Blue- If you figure out how to cut portions and be ok - I need to know. You are right- WE SEEM to be struggling with that issue. I am not much of a snacker either. I prefer one really good meal.

I am trying to do what you did - find my balance while working and getting up early and moving around. I have been curious how you all do your coffee. I was reading a article by the guy who wrote bullet proof coffee. Hence I am thinking of stepping up my coffee- around 9 ish- and see if that can carry me until 5-530.

Blue- you are right- I am taking a small break to regroup- and will get back on a website. I have no problem doing that anymore. It used to be a "taboo" to meet someone that way. Nobody thinks a think about it now. Why not- I would rather meet someone on line than a bar.
I do believe in happy ending- I never read Nicolas Sparks!!! I want my prince!

So you do like those dark books! you said that awhile back. Hummmmm LOLOLOLOL

Trig- I would be "living" on this site if I had others in my house chopping on junk in front of me. But then again you are right that at some point it looks like a trough- and unappetizing.
Like you I need to hover at near ZERO as I get- but in real life I hover around 10. That being said- I have yet to drop under that BIG AZZZZZ line of 1under!!!
Enjoy your day- Should be pretty there today.

Leeann- So glad you enjoyed your book club. I think that would be tons of fun. I might look into that myself. Who decides what you read though? Do you just talk about the story- or how it's written as well? Wow what fun!!!!
I also have a stack of books by my bedside- and sometimes I will get into about 20 pages and say no way to gruesome- (that would be the book I would give to BLUE) HYST HYST HYST
So just heavy cream and stevia in one cup of coffee or multiple cups???? Curious

Lori- Ok gal pal- part is almost over! LOLOLOLOL

All-
hovering at low- not moving down. I want to hit that goal- how frekin hard can 6 pounds be???? Then I can set new goals. It's a mind thing for me- losing weight above or below that line. I can't even type out that number. It's inconceivable I would be here again.

Work is going good and I am flying just fine on my own. already have had a few of my peers asking me about carbs- and how they can lose. (go figure)
The nurse that left without notice called me last night at home. She applied for a job- supervisor job- and was turned down, due to her mouth. They told her she was too loud!! I am just leaving that one alone. I will go in- be friendly with everybody, do my job and leave. I want no part of politics in an office. I just wanted to be respected by everybody. The best way to do that is to keep my trap SHUT!!!!!!

Ok- so the scale is not moving- but my blood sugars have been stable in the 80's perfect. Which tells me- what going on in my body is perfect. That matters more than a number- So I keep on keeping on!

ok gals! Off into my day!
  #162   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 07:11

BF:

It's Election Day! Echoing everyone else- get out there if you haven't!

DS18 and I went and voted together last week- his first election. He is my political junkie so he was all over it. I too have voted every election and also used to take my kids with me. Seems like a long time ago that I was corralling multiple little ones while trying to cast my vote! I don't know if we had early voting then, or I didn't know about it.

A huge issue on our local ballot this time around is the school board. It was NOT in a good way and the county parents have had enough and are speaking loud and clear. There is about to be an overthrowing of almost the entire Board! Can't wait to see how this helps to get things back on track- we have an excellent school system here.

Jaz- In regards to coffee: I make my own cold brew concentrate. So I use a little bit of that (it is STRONG) and add filtered water, then heat that up in the microwave for three minutes. In my bullet blender, I put butter if using (usually 1 TB or less) and some HWC (I don't measure- maybe 2 TB? 3?) plus a bit of stevia/erythritol blend and a drop of pure sucralose. Add the hot coffee to the bullet and blend. Oh! And lately I've been adding a couple of shakes of pumpkin pie spice to it as well. I use a reheatable travel mug by Copco, and I heat it repeatedly over the course of the morning. If it runs low, I add more water, a splash more of concentrate and keep going. Sometimes I never get through the first mug. For example, I made this one at 6:30AM and it is now almost 8, and it is half full.

Meme- I remember being much more "militant" at the start and midpoint of my weight loss also. I was fired up and by the book, and I needed to be. What happens after that is very individual and it is crazy how much variance there is in what that means! For me, LCOW is my home because it is accepted here that we each have our own approach, our own story on how we got here and what we need to do to lose or maintain our loss. Plus this is one great group of gals!

•••••••••••••

It's 8:10 and I'm showered and dressed, boys have been breakfasted and are off to school, and I'm sitting under my heated throw blanket with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee. Life is good!

DH is working late tonight so I'm making tortellini carbonara for the boys- they will be thrilled. Last night I made ribs and I have some left over that I had made just for me with sf bbq sauce. That will probably be Linner.

MoW shift this morning. I'll listen to my podcasts, and will also download Kenny Chesney's new CD on Spotify and listen to that too. A couple of errands on tap as well.

Down .8 to 137.0. Almost to my pre-CN weight from Friday.

Have a great day!
  #163   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 07:55

BF:

hubby went crackers on me last night. about 10:30 he comes out and says, OW OW and one more OW, I can't move! He is thinking kidney stone. Up and down to the bathroom moaning, but good thing I gave him a pain pill fast and a muscle relaxer thinking it was his back. By 2:30 we slept a bit and this morning after kiddo went to school he came out and said he is better. "WHATEVER' passed has passed WHO KNOWS but I was thinking emergency room visit at late night but we got thru it all. UGH

so off to work he went, tired and nutso but ok. Work? I said stay home, he said nope

so he is tired dead and will be tonight and I am exhausted.

Thank goodness for having a ton of pain pills backed up in the cabinet

SO I wandered thru the house this morning fast.. Went thru some cabinets. Throwing out the whole world if I had my way of stuff LOL

oh yea a ton of small bags of garbage! Old this and that, little junk...gonzo.

I live minimalist type in this house. No pics on the walls, knicknacks down to bare minimum but 'the hidden spaces' are crammed mostly SO IT IS NOW time to nail those suckers.

oh yea, it is all going....and I am done buying. OMG so sick of stores and junk. plastic useless junk. DO NOT NEED. I hate ANY and all clutter around me and it is ironic cause the MIL is a hoarder....can we say worlds apart?

Well I am in that 'get rid of mood' and yes I am giving my 2 horse statues that are next to my big tv in the living to Barb, after 25 yrs I AM sick of looking at them and giving her about 3-4 nice big horse paintings for her walls. She wants ALL my horse stuff she said as I ditch it LOL
It will be hard to get rid of one big horse as when I found it in an antique store it is super old and just catches my eye on the type of 'thing' I love.....but ya know what, I had it, loved it, paid alot for it, but time to move it on

Move on....that is key here. Move forward. Progress. Do what needs to be done to make ya happy and content and all that jazz. (jazz, not you Jaz )

ok off to get this day started.

reading along and good stuff on the board!!!!

everyone take care and have a fine Tuesday!
  #164   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 10:56

Plan: ZC (started w/Atkins)
Stats: 164/132.8/124 Female 5x2"
BF:27%
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
The lady who ran off because of the macaroni and cheese story, would I have thought that way when I first started, maybe so. Is it all smoke and mirrors to keep up a story of a plan but nothing is moving down? I was just thinking that it's better to face the truth and deal with it.

For the record I did not run off because of the macaroni & cheese story!!! I went to another thread where everyone there are doing the same type of diet & like hearing that carbage is not good!!!

I am pretty new to this WOE & I needed more ridged thinking.

As far as facing the real life truth of all the carbs out there...I fix my mother's meals every day & they are so far from low carb it is funny! I make her a 22 oz chocolate milkshake everynight, I can smell the chocolate (and yes it smells good) yet I do not take a sip! She keeps candy, bread, crackers, gum & every kind of treat you can imagine in my house & I bypass it all the time. So needing a place on this forum that discourages carbs is what I wanted & needed!

I stopped in to say hi to everyone & wish you all a great voting day...now I wish I didn't....

I hope you all are doing well & have a great day!
God Bless!
Charms
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 11:06

BF:

WHOA Charms? WAS Meme talking specifically about you?

if so than I sure do understand your response and answer.

And in response to it all, WE CAN not judge cause WE ALL been there and time on plan doesn't make one smarter from the old ways we did things, not a lick, cause WE ALL can go back in a splic second........IT IS 100% about helping someone else 'see the light!' and make it click for them, all the while making it keep working for yourself ......we all click at different times and that click can be so different for all.

now that said, THERE IS NOT FRIGGIN' THING EASY ABOUT ANY OF THIS FOR ANY OF US! US BEING those who want to lose weight and get more health.

we best support and be cool with each other or we GOT NOTHING! nada, 0 support, 0 wisdom to pass on and more!! IF WE can't see it on a simple thread of 'help me' 'change me' 'how do I get thru it all' then we can't even help ourselves in the 'long term end of it all'....being we can't even hold our success in maintenance.

ok done with the rambling on this

Crap I got snarky a ton of times. Lost and thought why can't they 'see it' yet I regained. I can't and won't judge anymore cause I KNOW point blank how hard and frustrating and insane this all is to make a major food change thru this life of crap food that is so addicting........omg heaven help us all....no joke on that!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Nov-08-16 at 11:12.
Closed Thread