Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-09, 14:06

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

My brother has picked the lobster up right from the fisherman's wharf, so it is fresh premium hard shell lobster, 2 of them about 2 pounds each...I can't wait, I'm going to eat lobster till "it is coming out my ears", LOL don't know if you know that expression. Of course there will be lots of melted butter involved.

There is a reason I have the avatar I have..I love lobster.

We cook it down at mom and dad's and eat early, they are both well into their 70's.

NYD is a party at a friends house, there will be lots of LC choices, everyone is "sweeted out", so I expect to see "football fare", pepperoni, cheese, chicken wings, chili, and the attempt to be healthy for most but definitely healthy for me...veggie plate, brocolli, celery, cauliflower, bell pepper rings, it's usually served with ranch dressing.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-09, 14:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/258.4/180 Female 65inches
BF:nope i'm married
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
OMG, I wish I were going with you. Hmm, quick do this experiment...see how a slight dusting with almond flour does. Cut a small slice of egg plant coat with egg and almond flour and fry it up. Now taste it. How does it taste. now try it with a little sauce and parm cheese...heat it in the microwave and how does it taste? What do you think? Mmm, I wish I had made that when my daughter was up for a visit...her favorite meal.

i totally forgot about flaxseed meal. i have a bag in the freezer that i need to use before it turns... this year i know the fiance's friends might stop by so i thought i could cook up some dishes and be free of the kitchen for a few days... will also try the almond flour too.. can you store it in the freezer in a ziploc bag? 1-1-10 is strict induction for me for a while so i dont want to buy it and then it goes to waste... wonder if i can put it in my smoothies???
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-09, 03:11

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

coat it with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup flaxmeal. Ymmmmm
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-09, 05:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/204/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I can't wait for tonight! Surf & Turf baby!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-09, 07:10

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Oh, the Ball sounds fun! I'd definately go with the red dress!

Yum! Surf and turf! Sounds delish.

NYE - dh and I will have a snack type dinner - cheeseball, spinach dip, chips (for him) pork rinds, etc. Probably go to bed early.

NY - Dh, dd#2, ds and I will meet at df Leo's house for an 8 am "Hangover Run" it is scheduled as a 5k, but some may try to run 4 miles. Then delish coffee, breakfast foods and great company.

When we get done with that the tree comes down!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-09, 15:55

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn69nva
i totally forgot about flaxseed meal. i have a bag in the freezer that i need to use before it turns... this year i know the fiance's friends might stop by so i thought i could cook up some dishes and be free of the kitchen for a few days... will also try the almond flour too.. can you store it in the freezer in a ziploc bag? 1-1-10 is strict induction for me for a while so i dont want to buy it and then it goes to waste... wonder if i can put it in my smoothies???

I store it in the fridge in a ziploc bag.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-09, 21:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/258.4/180 Female 65inches
BF:nope i'm married
Progress: 11%

well the leg of lamb is to die for!!! first time i roasted one and i think i might do it once every two weeks!!! low carn cheesecake is setting, made mac and cheese and potato salad.... also have some steamed broccoli made with a butter sauce for it and rolls!!! i will just be happy with my meat and veggies!!!