Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:44
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%

I'm getting very close now and I'm ecstatic!!! The scale has said 112.5 for a few days now!!!

Denise
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 10:16
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 177/173/160
BF:
Progress: 24%

Way to go, Denise!

I'm up two (175) this morning, but feeling way full of water, so maybe no real change.

Anyway, I'm getting nowhere fast. Of course it's because I'm still not getting regular exercise. If I got on the treadmill instead of checking in here, I'd be doing great! (No indictment intended toward anyone but myself, to be sure!)
  #108   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Stats: 135/128/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 47%

Congrats to those who are just a hair away from their target weight-way to go . As for me, I'm just 0.5 lb (consistently down 0.5 for the last few days) since 2 weeks ago. But I'm consistently running about 5 times a week so I hope I'm building up that muscle! Until next week, keep on beining
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 09:08

Stats: 201/186/135
BF:
Progress: 23%

Ok so it has been a while since I have posted here...last week my body was having some major weird craving issues and I did my best but, I am still up two pounds.(188)..I have been up two pounds for about 3 1/2 weeks...my body is having a hard time at the bit lower weight---it feels like a real fight to get it back down there...I will for one day and then the next is goes back up...and then a few days later it is down and then it goes back up...ugh...I have also upped my activity level significantly with my summer camps so I am trying to figure out if that is affecting my carb craving...I am still eating so much "better" than I was three months ago that I am still a fan of the program and keeping it up the best I can with all thats going on around me...plus I think I my body is trying desperatley to have a period...good news indeed...so congrats to all those that are feeling successful....I hope to join you again soon!
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 10:26
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Yes, Congratulations to all who've lost and also to all who are sticking to the program while waiting for weght loss to kick in. I haven't been weighing since I restarted the program a couple of weeks ago - I know I haven't gained (can tell by my mirror and clothes) but I don't want to discourage myself by weighing. I'm re-starting my exercise routine though and hope to see more inches lost.
  #111   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 13:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%
Default Good News Bad News

The good news is Sunday morning I weighed and I was down pound and a half, the bad news is I went out of town and when I got back and weight this morning, I am back up to the weight before I left. I also started my TOM so I shouldn't have even got on those stupid scales!

Piano
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 14:57

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Talking Goal weight!

Woo hoo! I'm back down to my goal weight! I had been below it for awhile, but lately it has been a struggle. I have to constantly adjust my intake to my activity level and amount of breastfeeding. Now I can go get my bellybutton pierced! When my friend gets back from visiting her in-laws we're going to go together.

Even better news (than the weight, not the piercing ) is that I have had so much energy the last few days, and I've been taking in less caffeine. Yesterday at work they accused me of being perky (I corrected them and said I was hyper) from too much caffeine, but I only had had one cup of coffee in the morning before work. Maybe I should harness some of this energy and clean the house!

Jen
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 18:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

One pound down and melted away! I was so excited this morning when I got on the scales!

Congratulations Jen on meeting goals!

Piano
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 19:46

124.5 today! So relieved that last week wasn't a fluke! I really feel back in the swing of things with my diet. These no cheat challenges have been very helpful for me.

Great going, Piano! Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Jen
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 22:52

Plan: CALP/Schwarzbien
Stats: 212.5/192/172.5 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 51%

My first post to the Weekly Weigh In.

201 today, 1 pound above my 7 year low which was briefly met last Friday. Today is 4 weeks, 5 days since starting low carbing. I am feeling really good lately despite back pain, constipation, and a mischievious tooth! I have more energy than a month ago, am better at managing my pain, sleeping better, laughing more, and taking less medication.

I have been reading everyones posts in this thread and can see that both plateaus and reaching goals are normal with TSP. I think everyone here should be congratulated daily.

Jen & Piano great job!
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 08:59
Registered Member

Default no pounds but inches are fleeing

Caverjen, you are truly a role model for those of us still at a distance from our goal. You show us that with perserverence that this WOE works .

Well I'm still at the same weight as last week. I worked a full 40 hours at the lab last week and worked weird hours. I slipped into a few old eating habits-fresh fruit getting the best of me and not taking my vitamins . I also had trouble finding a time to run (hotter than usual here in the evening). However, I did measure my thighs yesterday which are down a 1/2 in and hips down 1 inch. I just need to learn to be patient and utilize a little more self-control.
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 20:23

Thanks SusyQ! And you are completely right that it takes perserverance (and planning). This diet really does take some dedication. Most convenient foods are full of white flour, white sugar or other nasties! It helps that now I have such a reputation of being a healthy eater that I would get a lot of flack if I fell off the wagon!

Jen
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 13:09

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Yes, I too agree with Suzy that it is so inspiring to read of your efforts and your success, Jen. It must be even more difficult when you have young children to look after. Many congratulations. Hope to be right behind you, if only I could be persistent in my efforts and not be led astray quite so easily!!

Judy
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:29

Default Thanks, Judy!

Actually my kids drive me so crazy that I have to exercise strenuously to burn off all my frustration! I also want them to eat well, so that is further motivation for me to eat healthy food to be a good example. Keep at it, you'll get there!

Jen
  #120   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 06:42
Registered Member

Default Another one bites the dust!

Hip Hip Hooray - another pound bites the dust! Ever so slowly, but ever so surely, another pound has flown away. I've been a bad girl though by not running the last 4 days - I have lots of excuses, but not all of them are exceedingly good. I'll get back to it - I promise!
Have a great week .