Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 08:16

Plan: SPII, IR/BOA
Stats: 267/233/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%
Question Results of tests

I got the results to my tests and I am insuline sensitive (yeah) but with burned out adrenal glands. My doctor did a saliva test for cortisol and said to follow the IS BOAG programs in SPII. What I am confused about is how is that decided. When looking at my results the first sample was in the close to mid range of the normal range and the next 3 were close to the low of the normal range. If I just look at if they fall in the normal range I would say they are normal.

Any input on this would be appreciated. I have been following this program and was feeling better, but the last week have been very tired and feeling punky off and on. I think I over did the holidays a little although I was fairly compliant and did not do sugar at all.

When she talks about not over doing it...what does that mean...some days I can barely get anything done.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 17:21
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi msk:

Did the lab do a write-up at the bottom of the lab result? I know mine did.

Maybe your doctor thinks that since you are on the low side of normal, that it would be best to start preventative methods now. Just a thought. Did you ask him/her to clarify?

Hope you're feeling better.

Wanda
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:37

Plan: SPII, IR/BOA
Stats: 267/233/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%

Wanda,

Yes I did finally get it clarified. She feels because the level is not in the mid range that I should follow the AGBO plan. She only tested Cortisol though. I am still a little confused as to her thought process but I am feeling better and having more good days than bad.

I think I discovered a food sensitivity...soy cheese. I ate it yesterday after not having it for a while and I felt funny almost instantly. I cannot eat dairy so this really limits my choices. But I do not want to feel like that...so I guess I just need to deal.

I have released 25 pounds so I am excited about that. Hope you are doing well also.

Thanks for writing.