Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 15:33

Plan: Low GI Diet Revolution!!!
Stats: 125/122/112 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile **ThE GI DiEt ReVoLuTiOn** (SuPpOrT, AdViCe, ReCiPeS aNd MoRe)

HeLLo!! My NsMe iS AmBer, AnD i'M pReTtY mUcH a NewBiE tO ThE GI DiEt (stArTeD a/B 1 WeEk AgO) I NeEd sOmE SuPpOrT, AdViCe, AnD ReCiPe IdEaS!! PLeAsE HeLp mE iN ThE JouRnEy To ReAcHiNg mY GoAL!!! *
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 16:06
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi! Something wrong with your keyboard?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 09:49

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

that type face gave me a headache - can you post again - we all can certainly offer support and advice. Thanks.

Vikki
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 210/210/185 Male 74 inches
BF:

I am sure that you will reach your goal for your friend's wedding. I just switched from Atkins to GI as I think the GI diet is more of a healthy way of life for me. I just need to finally learn how to conquer portion control. Perhaps we can aid each other now through February.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 00:44

BF:
Default Hello there!!

Hello "Inkognito"--thanks for the input!! Of-course we can help eachother!! I too need to control my portions. I can do REALLY well for about 3-4 days, and then I usually have a "bad day." I need to work on that as well-and my late night hunger pains!!! It would be great to have a GI dieter's help!!
I tried the Atkins diet once..I couldn't do it!! I can't eat that much meat--I only eat chicken, seafood, and turkey. I got to the point where the smell of bacon made we wanna throw up!! Ahh! haha. And I agree-the GI diet is a much healthier way to lose weight-very balanced because you still recieve ALL the nutrients your body NEEDS. PLUS, I would probably consider myself a carb ADDICT--i love all those starchy, high-carb snacks and foods (cakes, cookies, pies, chips...all the good fattening stuff..haha) and I'm still allowed to savor SOME carbs..the "good ones", which helps me remain "under control."
BUT--we should help eachother--I know I need a lot of help, especially with dieting...it can be very challenging sometimes!! Good luck--skinny, here we come!!! hehe.

~Amber

[SIZE=7]PS- HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!![/SIZE]
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 00:48

BF:

hi "Vbrown"--my name is Amber, and I'm pretty new to the GI diet... I need support, advice, recipes, and so forth, and I was just wondering if anyone would liketo join me in reaching my goal!!!

PS-sorry ALL for the font I posted with earlier-tends to hurt the eys after a few seconds..hehe.
Good Luck everyone!! We can do it!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 08:04
Registered Member

BF:

Amber - I so agree, yesterday Thanksgiving will be one of my last (if I say last I fear I will be lying) carb induced coma I would like to stick on plan until Dec 22 - my firm's holiday party and then I said I will allow myself to imbibe if I have been good. And in 30 days combined wityh exercise I should see some results.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 14:48

BF:

Hey inkognito!! I know you can do it!!!
Thanksgiving...it's almost a given...YOU HAVE TO EAT all those carbs!!!
I didn't do as bad as I thought at all!!! I even only ate dessert once, and I had a few places to stuff my face at...mostly stuck 2 the veggies!! woo hoo!! So, I was proud about that. I even only had one little tiny chunk of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE sugar induced "turkey day" food---Candied sweet potatoes with marshmellows and pecans-I honestly don't know how i did it..ha.
Well, we can do it!!! Good luck!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 14:58

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2

Hi Amba - I'm doing the SBD now, getting lots of recipes from the Kitchen Forum, as well I have a SBD cook book (in word format) if you're interested - I could e-mail it to you.

Vikki
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 13:14

BF:
Wink Hello "vbrown"

Hey VBROWN-That would be wonderful!!!! Do you think I'd lose more weight on SBD? Mine's coming off pretty slow!! Only 3 pounds so far...
Anyway, the recipes would be wonderful!! Thank you!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 14:10
Registered Member

BF:

Amber - that is great. See now I have some inspiration. Anyway I am focused on the time from now unti Dec 22 but take one day at a time. Been hitting the gym hard which is good now I just need to remind myself that overeating is a "sabotage" to my good gym workouts.