Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2026   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 08:26

Plan: Keto Low Carb
Stats: 317/280/200 Male 66 Inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Everyone

Back in my Navy days they called it "Make all preparations for getting underway" and that nicely sums up what I have been doing lately. In two weeks my wife and I will be making our annual trip to our son's home just East of Albany, NY. We are looking forward to it and on August 6th we will be attending the semi-annual Hawley family reunion about 20 miles South of Buffalo, NY. A few years ago I became the family patriarch as I have outlived all my brothers and sisters. I will be trailering my motorcycle North as my son, my step daughter and my grandchildren all ride.

DW and I went to a Shrine meeting in Tampa last evening. I discovered that the dinner was pizza and salad with carbage dressing. So I socialized and watched others eat. Nothing will cause me to cheat on this wonderful WOE! When we got home I fixed a chicken breast for my dinner.
It was both delicious as well as guilt free.
Sponsored Links
  #2027   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 12:45

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jams, l would enjoy every minute with your precious girl. They grow so fast! I am so glad you have each other you guys are the three musketeers!
Judi, so glad thinks are just clicking along for you and that you are enjoying appetite suppressant effect from
This wol!

Larry, way to go last night at the dinner. In true warrior fashion you let nothing get in your way to staying on plan
No matter what! What a great role model you are! Your trip
Sounds exciting and the family reunion will be spectacular!
Enjoy yourself with family and friends!
Jo, thank you so much for the concern. Yepper I
Do feel burnt when I sit down and sleep like the dead. I have to say on this wol I don't panic in crises just compartmentalize and getter done. Like I told DD yesterday if I have to look at suspicious trades you have to come up immediately or I outta here. Luv the grands but the job pays the bills.
Okay I just sat down and a nap is coming!

Have a spectacular day warriors !
  #2028   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 18:38

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi warriors, we finally have a beautiful day. The sun is out and it is gorgeous.

DH went to his monthly meeting this morning and I delivered the food to the family I mentioned yesterday.

I-5 was gridlock both there and back. Then I got turned around and couldn't find their apartment. I ended up calling her and she came and lead the way. Thank goodness for cell phones.

I stayed on plan today, too busy to eat. I never gave food a second thought. I did eat some lunch meat rolled up in a pickle when I got back.

I cleaned out the fridge also when I got back, and thought DH was going to have a panic attack. LOL He gets way too concerned over spoiled food.

Lucky you Larry, I surely hope you enjoy your trip. I haven't been back to NY in several years. I used to live near Albion NY when I was a kid, in Orleans County.

I've noticed the same thing Bernie, I don't get as upset over details, I'm much more able to calmly work thru things better. And I sleep better at night.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend;

Peace and Blessings;
  #2029   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 20:10

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

[QUOTE=Just Jo]
Quote:
So what's an FrF school?
Sorry! Back up in Canada the abbriviation for a French class, officially "francais en francais" was FrF... I just use that a a shorthand for French.

Quote:
WOW what amazing subjects you teach! Much like you, I've taught anywhere from 5-8 totally different subjects in one school day. That's the beauty part of teaching in a small school.
I agree! A busy day is a FAST day! We are "smallish".. but growing...

Quote:
I think I would go insane if I taught the same subject more than twice a day. Granted it's a lot of prep work (i.e., lesson planning, etc) but gosh, the school day for me flies by like gang-busters. Our classes are only 40 mins long. So how long are you in each class teaching?
We are switching to more of a block style...so, I wil have one of three classes for a half day at a time, three times a week. Need to revamp my schedule and figure out things like, "where does math start? when does grammar end? problem solving? computers... reading... etc..." I will have a lot of freedom, and I like that.

OMG I'm with you on the "who has time to sit" thing! Our attendance record keeping is online, I can barely remember to sit long enough to do that... I usually have the kids remind me b/c I'm always ready to get started since our classes are so short... I so HATE to waste valuable instruction time!Right ON! Well, if my own 35 years of yo-yo dieting is any indication, I KNOW exactly what you mean!

Quote:
But then something really does "click" for each of us and we decide that THIS TIME we are NOT going to continually sabotage ourselves. ...B/c that has got to stop since we WILL BE successful...It's not easy as you well know! It's as simple as staying 100% OP today and letting tomorrow take care of itself! You know it probably wouldn't have been that bad BUT for me if I just say "oh it's okay this one time" it gets completely out of hand. Here's something that resonated with me:Marvin describes most eloquently EXACTLY how my past "cheat days" evolved into "cheat months"!
exactly. I CAN'T ever have "just one" - NEVER gonna' happen.

Simply put: I want ALL, so, I must have NONE.

Thanks Jo! I appreciate you.

jams
  #2030   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 20:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H
... So I socialized and watched others eat. Nothing will cause me to cheat on this wonderful WOE! When we got home I fixed a chicken breast for my dinner.
Perfect, Larry!
...I am finding it easier and easier to not eat, if it's not right. I mean, my decision is completely made. It's iron clad and rock solid, but sometimes it's easy, and sometimes it's excruciatingly hard. Lately, it's been EASY! I like easy.
Bravo to you, Larry! You've got this locked up!
...cool that your family rides motorbikes too!
  #2031   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 20:19

BF:

[QUOTE=jmh6251]
Quote:
Hi warriors, we finally have a beautiful day. The sun is out and it is gorgeous.
It looked a little sketchy this morning, didn't it?! But, then the sun came out!! BEEEE-YOUUUU-Ti-FULLLL!
Quote:
...Thank goodness for cell phones.
SO true! Obama was here last night causing traffic, maybe leaving today?... whenever POTUS is in town, it's CRAZY on the highways! Don't you wonder how any of us survived teh 70s and 80s wihtout phones in our pockets? The comedian, Gary Gullman, does an excellent bit on phones... if you ever get to see it, he's hillarious.
  #2032   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 20:24

BF:

[QUOTE=Bernie2014]
Quote:
Jams, l would enjoy every minute with your precious girl. They grow so fast! I am so glad you have each other you guys are the three musketeers!
Yeah, I know it's trendy now to "admit" your kid drives you nuts, and I KNOW some do, but, honestly, DD is SO much fun to be around. We feel really, really lucky (and, like we have done a good job. She is poilte and super smart and creative...what's not to like? )

Quote:
Judi, so glad thinks are just clicking along for you and that you are enjoying appetite suppressant effect from
This wol!
me too. it's just going great right now.

Quote:
Larry, way to go last night at the dinner. In true warrior fashion you let nothing get in your way to staying on plan
No matter what! What a great role model you are! Your trip
Sounds exciting and the family reunion will be spectacular!
Enjoy yourself with family and friends!
SO fun!!!

Quote:
Nap good!!!

Quote:
Thanks Berns! I did, and still am!
  #2033   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 05:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H
Hi Everyone

Hiya, Larry!
Quote:
Back in my Navy days they called it "Make all preparations for getting underway" and that nicely sums up what I have been doing lately. In two weeks my wife and I will be making our annual trip to our son's home just East of Albany, NY. We are looking forward to it and on August 6th we will be attending the semi-annual Hawley family reunion about 20 miles South of Buffalo, NY. A few years ago I became the family patriarch as I have outlived all my brothers and sisters. I will be trailering my motorcycle North as my son, my step daughter and my grandchildren all ride.
Wow sounds like you have an awesome road trip ahead of you!

When's the last time you've seen your family up there?

B/c I CAN'T wait to hear what the family thinks of the new healthier, thinner YOU! You'll have to share that with all of us!
Quote:
DW and I went to a Shrine meeting in Tampa last evening. I discovered that the dinner was pizza and salad with carbage dressing. So I socialized and watched others eat. Nothing will cause me to cheat on this wonderful WOE! When we got home I fixed a chicken breast for my dinner.

Woot! Woot! That's the way to stay WARRIOR Strong, Larry! You are so ROCKIN' this! WTG!

Here's one of my favorite quotes (I have so many! ) that I live by that's perfect for your "guilt free" statement above:

“At the end of the day, I will NOT regret what I DID NOT eat since I REFUSE to serve myself up a plate of GUILT!”
  #2034   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 05:48
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

Hiya Berni! My Saturday was spectacular! B/c I did whatever the heck I wanted. Still got 6 more weeks of my extended w/e to go!

Well I did get the yard work done early before it got too bloomin' HOT out there yesterday!
Quote:
Jo, thank you so much for the concern. Yepper I Do feel burnt when I sit down and sleep like the dead. I have to say on this wol I don't panic in crises just compartmentalize and getter done.
I worry about you, girlie! I know you work your azz off with both of your jobs and don't take nearly enough time for yourself, as far as I'm concerned!
Quote:
Like I told DD yesterday if I have to look at suspicious trades you have to come up immediately or I outta here. Luv the grands but the job pays the bills.
Yeppers! I can't agree more!
Quote:

Thanks and you too, Beri and I hope you got to take a nap yesterday afternoon!
  #2035   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 05:58
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251

Hiya, Judy! That's awesome that you finally got a beautiful day. Hope you get many many more!
Quote:
DH went to his monthly meeting this morning and I delivered the food to the family I mentioned yesterday.

I-5 was gridlock both there and back. Then I got turned around and couldn't find their apartment. I ended up calling her and she came and lead the way. Thank goodness for cell phones.
Amen on technology! I love using the GPS feature on my cell phone when I don't know where I'm going!
Quote:
I stayed on plan today, too busy to eat. I never gave food a second thought. I did eat some lunch meat rolled up in a pickle when I got back.
Be very very careful of lunch meats b/c they aren't on the A '72 Induction Acceptable Foods List (page 135):
Quote:
Meat: Steaks, Corned Beef, Lamb Chops, Tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts".
Not only might they have fillers & sugar but lots contain carb-age too ~ make sure to have your carb glasses on and read those nutrition facts labels as well as the ingredients list to be über informed of what you're eating!
Quote:
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend;
Thanks and you too!!
  #2036   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 06:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Sorry! Back up in Canada the abbriviation for a French class, officially "francais en francais" was FrF... I just use that a a shorthand for French.
I thought that's what it was, but you know what "they" say when one assumes...

Okay another question...sorry!

Do you teach your classes en français, en anglais, ou les deux?
Quote:
I agree! A busy day is a FAST day! We are "smallish".. but growing...
That's so cool that you're growing! Do you teach in a private school or a public one?
Quote:
We are switching to more of a block style...so, I wil have one of three classes for a half day at a time, three times a week. Need to revamp my schedule and figure out things like, "where does math start? when does grammar end? problem solving? computers... reading... etc..." I will have a lot of freedom, and I like that.
The freedom to revamp your schedule to fit the wants/needs of your students as well as yourself is awesome!
Quote:
exactly. I CAN'T ever have "just one" - NEVER gonna' happen.

Simply put: I want ALL, so, I must have NONE.
Yeppers! I KNOW exactly what you mean! That's how I am too! Since I know I have humongous portion control issues, a little bit of something ain't NEVER gonna happen for me b/c I want it ALL TOO!

I am an abstainer to the max! A lot of us here are the same way!

That's what I love about my journey, I've discovered what my food related issues are & I have the strategies to combat them all!
Quote:
Thanks Jo! I appreciate you.
Awww what a lovely thing to say, Jams! Thank you!
  #2037   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 11:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo

Hiya,

Jo! Where did you get those SUPER CUTE CARTOONY emojis???!!!

LOVE THEM!!!
  #2038   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 11:49

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello Warriors,

Jams, you have this wol down. Nothin is going to stand in you way towards success!
Judy, so glad you are getting beautiful weather and enjoying it!

Jo, I do luv those super cute emojis!

Have a spectacular day warriors, and take care!
  #2039   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 18:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Warriors, what a beautiful day today!! DH and I went for a ride on the back roads of Belfair. It's as beautiful as I remembered.

stayed on plan today, had boiled eggs for BK and a hamburger patty for lunch. Not sure about dinner. Haven't been good with my veggies today. I try to get them in everyday, but some days are hard.

Yesterdays lunchmeat was two slices of turkey. The carb count was 1 gram per serving, and I only had one serving. It didn't mess up my energy or appetite. I can tell if I happen to get sugar because my appetite goes screwy. You are right though that it isn't on the meat list.

I hope everyone has a great op day;

Peace and Blessings;
  #2040   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-16, 10:11
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Jo! Where did you get those SUPER CUTE CARTOONY emojis???!!!

LOVE THEM!!!
Online whilst I was drinking my coffee!

Closed Thread