Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-14, 09:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Working out a lot more - do I need more carbs?

Hi,

I've been doing yoga a couple days per week for a couple of years now, and lifting light weights for a couple of months. I've recently (September 1st) gotten back on track with my LC woe after some difficult times. Anyways, I've lost 6 inches since September 1st, which feels great, but I can't stand my loose, dimply skin all over. I desperately need to get some toning and tightening happening here. I feel great IN clothes, but would love to feel better without them too. this has led me to seek a way to firm up.

Since my life is chaos (I own my own business so I work from home, but one of my kids isn't yet school aged, so he's home all day too), I've turned to home-based workout programs I can do early in the morning before everyone is awake. After much research and talk with some of my fittest girlfriends, I've borrowed Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift program and started it this morning. Ugh it's hard. But lots of fun. My stamina needs increasing. Anyways, I know many of my LC friends here don't do much for heavy exercise, and I'm just wondering about how my LC eating will affect my workouts. The program is an hour of cardio, lots of lunges, squats, ab work, lots of dance moves, and I do this 6 days, rest 1 day, then repeat. I intend to add 30 mins of daily weight lifting afterwards also, since my arms are one of my worst "loose, hanging" spots. I will do this for 8 weeks and see where I'm at.

For those of you out there that do workout, do you find you need more carbs?

Also, the girlfriend I borrowed the DVD from is recommending I try the "shakeology" meal replacement program by the same company. There is 11 NC per serving, which is over half of what I'm used to trying to stick with. I like the idea of all of the other nutrients packed into the shakes, but am nervous about pushing my carbs higher after so many falls off the wagon trying to work up the carb ladder. Anyone out there use this product?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links