Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#571   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 07:26
Low Carbing Diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/296/250 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Welcome!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #572   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 10:24

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewat21
Welcome!!!!!

Thank you
  #573   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-08, 05:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 354/325.6/168 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Heloooooooooooo

Hi. Anniemac here. New to forum and thread. I definitely sign up for 1 year. I signed away 20 yrs of my life to being fat, plastic_happy_but_fearfull_really, so this will be a great 1 year! Started off at 160kg's, down to 149 but boy does that weight not want to shift any further! Thank goodness for a forum that knows all the tips and tricks to help you get it off and keep it off!
Speak to you all soon
Anne
  #574   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-08, 12:05

Plan: atkins (modified)
Stats: 498/436/300 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 31%

well i fell off the wagon again and i think i really need this place, when i stayed faithful to the boards i seemed to stay better on track so i hear i am and im making a commitment

I fran , otherwise known as Nae , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
  #575   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 10:09

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 336/332/250 Male 72
BF:
Progress:
Default Joining up

I just did my newbie introduction, but I am not new to Atkins/Lowcarb. I am making the one year commitment here today, but I started my new way of life on July 1st. I am currently 329 (down from 336) and plan to keep heading down. My stated goal is 250, but ideally I want to get to 200-220. 280/278 are my lowest weights in the past few years and 380 was my highest back in 2003. I have a child on the way in december and I want to be fit for her/him since I may end up being a stay at home dad. I will need some spare energy with a 2 year old and a new born! Time to start working on it yesterday. I look forward to being a part of the community and if I can figure it out I want to join the 100 pound in 2008 group. =)
  #576   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-08, 23:26

Plan: Hi-Protein, low calorie
Stats: 194/155.2/124 Female 59.5"
BF:57%/42%/22%
Progress: 55%
Default Goodbye

I have loved being a member of the TDC, and have identified with the struggles of people much larger than I am.

When I joined, I had just had my height measured at 4'9" (for real, at a doctor's office!). That shocked me into evaluating my weight goals and starting point, and led me to post a goal weight of 94, in the normal BMI for that height.

Since then, I have had myself remeasured several times, and am *not* 4'9" tall, but closer to my once full height of 5'1 3/4", at 4'11 1/2". That does make more sense.

Yesterday I browsed through Protein Power, which is out again in paperback, and tried out their formula for goal weight, which takes age into account. Using their formula, I come out with a goal weight of 125 or so (minimum). Thinking of my bone structure, I'd say I might go as low as 115, eventually.

Still, that recalculated goal weight puts me out of the TDC. I'm sad that I gained almost 3 inches, because I am no longer qualified for the TDC--unless you go want to go back to 2003, when I weighed 215 and lost 30 pounds to 185 through South Beach. And unless I post a goal weight of 115, which would be "normal" for someone younger than I, according to Protein Power.
  #577   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 11:16

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLC4me

Still, that recalculated goal weight puts me out of the TDC. I'm sad that I gained almost 3 inches, because I am no longer qualified for the TDC--unless you go want to go back to 2003, when I weighed 215 and lost 30 pounds to 185 through South Beach. And unless I post a goal weight of 115, which would be "normal" for someone younger than I, according to Protein Power.

You're too skinny to be here

Just kidding! All are welcome, just because you have slightly less than 100 to lose doesn't mean you don't face the same challanges. GOod luck in meeting your goals. I would say anybody with 60+ lbs to lose often has circumstances/issues arrise that a 20 to 30 lbs loser doesn't fully understand or have to deal with.
  #578   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-08, 01:27

Plan: Hi-Protein, low calorie
Stats: 194/155.2/124 Female 59.5"
BF:57%/42%/22%
Progress: 55%

MrSchmelz, thank you for your graceful and (re)welcoming comment. I would be happy to stick around, and will try to be mindful of those beginning to struggle with great weight and setting out for great weight loss.
  #579   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-08, 15:27

Stats: 265/250/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default I'm In This For The Long Haul

I'm new to all of this, Atkins, forums, TDC, etc... but I am committed to losing my 100 plus pounds, and I know that I'm going to need support along the way. I want to help others with their goals too. So I sign this with full commitment to stay with this group for the long haul.

I MizzB, otherwise known as MizzButler, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - MizzBa
  #580   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 000/190/149 Female 5ft 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 128%

Hello, everybody I'm new to the TDC , when I filled out the info for this web sites registration I put down my actual weight , not the shave off 100 or so lbs that I usually put on such forms. I am glad that this forum is here.

I Darleen, otherwise known as Darlilly13, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Darleen
  #581   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 10:31

Stats: 290/264/150 Female 5ft8in
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default I am making the commitment!

Hi everyone!
Count me in also! This is just what I needed! They say if you do something everyday for 21 or 28 days? it becomes a habit. I am soooo looking forward to this.
  #582   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 20:30

Plan: Rheo Blair
Stats: 315/315/180 Male 72 inches (exactly 6 ft)
BF:
Progress: 0%

This sound slike a fine idea. I'm in ...

I Russ, otherwise known as ScrollKey, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - ScrollKey
  #583   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-08, 00:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 425/335/200 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Post hello everyone!

my name is jem, i'm 28 and my total weight loss goal was 225lbs - 425lb starting weight and goal of 200lbs. my current weight is 375 - i have lost 50lbs so far and i'm losing 5lbs a week. i'll probably be here for more than a year but i am definately in for the long haul.

I jem, otherwise known as syndrome x, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - jem!

Last edited by syndrome x : Sun, Aug-10-08 at 00:16. Reason: forgot the pledge...
  #584   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-08, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 322/322/140 Female 67 inches
BF:Lots I'm sure!
Progress: 0%

I'm in! For once I'm making a public commitment, which is huge for me. I'm 25 and I have about 150 pounds to lose. I have always been the loner when it comes to weightloss and actually anything really close to me. There are so many people that are so quick to turn on you and/or judge you and I've met a lot of them. This place is such a great community and for once I actually feel comfortable to be able to talk about such personal things. I really need to start a journal. I need to make friends.

So here goes!

I Angela, otherwise known as Zombipunk, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
Your friend - Angela

Good luck to everyone! We're all here for each other!
  #585   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 06:53

Plan: Go Diet/Atkins
Stats: 356/338/185 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Joining up. I started this diet for my Daughter, but am in the long haul for myself so here goes.

I Sharon, otherwise known as SharonWH, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Sharon

This is a great help, so many of us don't know many people that share the same problem so feel that no one really understands. Here I know You all do and that makes this trip of weight loss not so lonely.