Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 14:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/226/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Newbie

Hi, everyone! I am a 40 year old, mother of 4. I started my weightloss journey April 12, 2014, at 246 lbs. I started at first by totally eliminating anything but water from my beverage list. That was tough!!! Then my husband got me a fitbit, so I joined myfitnesspal, and started walking. I was doing ok, watching what I was eating and exercising, but I wanted something more predictable? Not sure if that's the right word. So I started atkins last Monday, May 18th. I have lost 21lbs, since the beginning, but I am not losing on atkins like I thought I would. I am not having any trouble staying under 20 grams of carbs, but for instance I gained 2 lbs while eating correctly. I have been reading forums, and I see people eating a lot, during induction. I have learned the atkins bars are not very good, but what about shakes? My typical day: eggs and bacon-breakfast, large salad with grilled chicken and ranch-lunch, whatever meat the family is having and some veggie or small salad- dinner. I do not feel the need to snack, but I'm wondering if I'm getting enough fats and protein? Would appreciate any advice! Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 15:51

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi, Beckers. Welcome to the forum. After you make yourself at home--and read around a bit--you'll probably discover that Atkins (and other LC plans) are not as "amazing" for fast weight loss as the hype would suggest.

However, for a way of eating that will be sustainable for life, LC has the best prospects. So I'd say just keep doing what you're doing, be patient, and let your body find its own way. Not very exciting, I know.

Others will show up here with additional information and links for you about determining your optimum levels of protein and fat. But really, keeping the carbs under control is plenty to think about for now.

Best wishes