Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 10:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288/277/132 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hello, A Newbie here! Anyone from Asia?

Hello!

My name is Iefa and I'm from Malaysia. I just started Atkins Diet since 12th January 2015. It's about 3 weeks now and I have lost about 5 kg (10lbs)...

Since this site mostly full with Americans/Europeans (Western Countries) [not intended to sound racist or anything ><], I hope there are several members from Asia especially if you are from South East Asia so that we can exchange recipes and what not. I most interested in finding new recipes.

p/s: sorry for my bad engrrish..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 15:36

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Welcome. Iefa. It's great to have someone here from your part of the planet. You may have some interesting recipes to recommend to us! I brought back some packets of curry spice mixes from my last trip to SE Asia. Is there a recipe you like that uses your local ingredients?

Check the recipe links on this site for starters. And come back to chat as often as you like.

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-15, 07:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288/277/132 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Welcome. Iefa. It's great to have someone here from your part of the planet. You may have some interesting recipes to recommend to us! I brought back some packets of curry spice mixes from my last trip to SE Asia. Is there a recipe you like that uses your local ingredients?

Check the recipe links on this site for starters. And come back to chat as often as you like.

Best wishes.

Thank You bkloots/Barbara (I guess that is your real name? ). I'm not really a good cook so I don't really have many recipes to share. I usually follow some recipes that I found on the internet and change it a little bit to suit my taste. Oh, where did you went in SEA? Hmmm... curry spices.. Well, you can use it as a rub for chicken. Pour about 1tbs of curry, salt to taste and turmeric powder if you have it. You can put some paprika or chilli powder if you like it spicy. I always use curry and turmeric as rub for my chicken.

I already checked the recipes on this site and I even tried some of it. It was good and I keep doing the same recipes. Now my 'tongue' want to eat something local and leave Western style of cooking for a while.. Haha..

Thank you much for welcoming me...