Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 15:09

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Starting CKD suggestions

Hi,

I started a cardio routine about two weeks ago and am up to 3 days per week 30 minutes. I got Dan's book on Metabolism and I am considering starting CKD with resistance training. Also I am starting on an ECA Stack. I been on a Ketogenic Diet since Aug 24, I've pulled off 30 pounds so far which I am guessing is mostly water loss. About a week and a half ago I stalled, I guessing it was because my calorie intake was well below 1500 per day. I've adjusted my intake to around 2600 calories avg per day.

I am going back and reading Chapter 1 again on cycling ECA Stack and guggulipids. My understanding with the ECA is I should do 5 days on/ 2 days off. Started taking temperature this morning and got 97.1.

Having not done any resistance training for years, my concern with starting a full blown CKD training program, is that not having done any weights, I know how sore I am going to be due to latic acid build up especially in the first week. Any way to mitigate the soreness or should I just jump right in and kill myself the first week? I guess I am going to go with the workout in Dan's book unless Dan or someone has a better suggestion?

Help ???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 15:22

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Ok, before anyone says so, I've read the post on the Exercise forum on beginners. I am still freaking out over the suggestion of consuming 1 gram of protein per pound though. That would really blow my food budget.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 20:47

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Lux--
For the soreness, l-glutamine helps sooo much!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 22:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/214/185 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default l-glutamine

Definitely works! Being realistic and starting with moderate weights also helps. People training for marathons don't start training by running 26 miles on day one, that's impossible. Weight training has the same principal. Condition your body by challenging it, don't kill it. Keep asking questions and follow some beginner routines. After 4-6 weeks, you should want to hit the gym, not have to. Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 04:45

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default workout

Luxsit,

If this is your first foray into weights, use the Maximum Recovery Workout.

There will still be soreness, but the other programs may be too high intensity and cause dramatic soreness.

And feel free to ask me whatever questions you have on the exercises, either by e-mail, Private Message, or in the General Exercise forum.