Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 18:02

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile All these diets out there...

I cant begin to name them all but you know the ones out there. Well it just occured to me that not ONCE have I read ANYWHERE that someone didnt lose weight on this way of eating. Most of those other fad diets people lose and put it all back on(for me included!) But i never hear it about LC. (unless they stop eating LC) Why wouldnt anyone do this.
One of my sisters said she cant do it she doesnt like red meat. I was like so dont eat red meat...she has 9 different reasons( i'm exaggerating on the number! LOL!) why she cant even try it. Yet she is eating low calorie working out at the gym every other day and has lost 4 pounds in 6 weeks. (She is heavy and I know the heavier you are the more weight you loser in the beginning!) so 4 pounds in 6 weeks? I have lost 11 in three weeks(probably more but wouldnt weigh myself today at doc because it was the middle of the day!LOL!) Oh well i love her but when she SEES the pounds leave me she will change her mind on how this is the best and healthy way to lose weight...hey my doc even said it to me today!!! Then when she realizes it I will be more experienced in this woe and can educate her like everyone here is educating me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 18:05

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I know! I've posted that we should start a cult and go door to door spreading the gospel of meat.

I hear so many people say, oh, i can't give up bread... well, then, don't complain when you're wearing a size 28.

Then the ones who think we've got something wrong in our heads to eat steak and cheese... they are going nuts at the gym and lose 5 pounds in three months.

Uh, ya. Think I'll keep my cheese and watch me lose, suckahs.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 04:45

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

i went to pick up an ice tea at dunkins this morning. The woman said she is trying to lose weight with drinking the new iced tea they have. I said try atkins thats what I am doing! She said she cant give up rice! RICE! Is she kidding? I am addicted to rice if I can do it and still make it for my family I said she can also.But she said she cant she likes it to much. I tried to tell her that she is addicted to it more than she cant do without it because she likes it. But I cant convince everyone! When she sees me in a few months and asks me how i did it while she is struggling i will say ATKINS and NO RICE! LOL!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 15:31
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I think many people blame themselves, rather than what they eat, for making them fat. Many whom I've spoken with seem to think there's something inherently 'wrong' with them that prevents them from losing weight easily.

Also, they operate on what they've 'heard', i.e. the rumors about how dangerous low carb diets are.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 16:36

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

I agree with the statement that people hear its a bad diet. I thought that way also. But I got on this forum decided to try and start without the book(alot of questions were asked!) and I loved it. I am always full and have energy. I never had that before. When I recieved my book...WOW! This is the way I want to eat all the time. I am not changing a thing!