Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 05:00

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL

zero carb is meat only. no veggies ever. I am mostly zero carb eater. IF ON OCCASION I have no good food available I would default to a small salad if needed, but that is a super rarity for me in my life. My meats are available everywhere mostly.

I did the food list of A72 and I lost wonderful lbs and it gave me back MY control over food....then I slanted into a more zero carb eating way since I am a certified meat hound. I love meat and eating only that is wonderful for me. I just don't want veggies or a salad anymore. Meat is all I want and I am doing fine on it.

never checked coconut milk, is it a very low carb thing? just wondering.

Bernie you had me cracking up....my big azz salad! You are so fortunate you learned about you and what it takes. AND YOU worked it and changed yourself and did SO well on this plan!

you are so right that IF YOU KNOW what the carbs do to you--then you must take action or forever be on the yo yo diet train. You took action and you won! And you won't ever walk away cause you know what works for you and what keeps you strong!

For me, nothing new today. simple day.
hubby at work
kiddo sleeping and all quiet

in the pool today, sunny and hot. been doing more water resistant exercises while in there and alot of lazy floating around on my raft...lol

few chores and this and that and then rest of day is relax.

been wanting to hike but weather is just too hot. high 90s means extreme heat in the woods and alot of stinking bugs that are after you so will have to wait now til more fall weather to start my hiking back up.

simple food
tuna and mayo later when wanted with a ribeye steak...yum.
that is it, getting way to hot to eat too much (which is a good thing tho!!)

off to get the day slowly rolling along. everyone have a wonderful day and enjoy!!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 06:25
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
De, I am honestly so happy I figured out how sensitive I am to carbs literally saved my life. I was eating tons of veggies killin my thyroid and gaining weight. I do miss the veggies but not the carbs and my bad azz salads have become my comfort food so it all good.
at bad azz salads! LOVE it!
Quote:
Hello Jo, stay cool and I so enjoy your posts every day!
Imma always cool! Oh you mean in our over 100 degree temps! I shall!
Quote:
Have a spectacular day warriors and take care of you 😀👍
My Sunday was awesome! I hope yours was as well!
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 06:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Yesterday our group had a picnic at the city park. A good time was had by all. A variety of food was offered, but I stuck to the basics. I had a hamburger and hotdog, I did have some saurkraut but that is only like 1 carb per serving. I seem to be getting rehooked on diet coke. I'm not sure why. I only have like one small bottle a day and that's it, but I miss it when I don't get it. I had kicked the habit completely but seem to have taken it up again. I guess there are worse things, I won't allow myself to even get a taste of a carb.

Today I didn't drink a coke and am feeling withdrawls. Today I pretty much stuck with meat and eggs with just a tiny bit of cheese. Can't do HWC so I substitute Coconut milk, and that is what I have in my coffee.
Are you giving up diet soda b/c the AS affects your weight loss?

IMHO, be very very careful eating hot dogs since they are a processed food and not on the Acceptable Foods List for Induction.

They all have carbs but worse, they have ingredients in their "fillers" like corn syrup and maltodextrin (a compound made from cooked starch, corn, or wheat) that can cause cravings for other off plan carb-age.

Wow 1 gram per serving for sauerkraut? I seriously wanna know which brand of sauerkraut you ate b/c I love sauerkraut and all the brands I've seen had like 10 or more carbs per cup...
Quote:
We are not getting a warm summer this year so far. It rained a little on our picnic yesterday. Today it didn't though.
I'll send some of our HEAT your way, Judy. No PROBLEM!
Quote:
What is the difference between this version of A72 and zero carb. I guess they don't even try to eat any veggies huh. I was looking at the zero carb thread. Trying to see any difference in the plans.
From the little I know about ZCing... Hard Core ZCers don't eat anything but meat and eggs and generally only drink water. But I've read where some of them eat like 2 to 2.5 lbs of meat a day if not more...
Quote:
I'm glad there is a way to eat that is healthy and it stabilizes my medical conditions and helps resolve my mood swings.
I agree! Eating 100% OP really does help improve our mental and physical health! I'm so glad you've found that to be true for yourself as well!
Quote:
You are so strong Jo. You just make the right food decisions everyday. You inspire the rest of us.
It's easy to make the right decisions day in and day out b/c I haven't forgotten what it was like to be "Fat Jo" [the self-destructive carb-addicted selfish FAT bitch who destroys my good emotional & physical health, self-love and self-esteem].

I will never become her again b/c I have complete CONTROL of that since I am totally responsible for what I eat!
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 06:58
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
HI ALL

zero carb is meat only. no veggies ever. I am mostly zero carb eater. IF ON OCCASION I have no good food available I would default to a small salad if needed, but that is a super rarity for me in my life. My meats are available everywhere mostly.
I did the food list of A72 and I lost wonderful lbs and it gave me back MY control over food....then I slanted into a more zero carb eating way since I am a certified meat hound. I love meat and eating only that is wonderful for me. I just don't want veggies or a salad anymore. Meat is all I want and I am doing fine on it.
at our resident meat hound!

Isn't it great that you can eat all the lovely meat and still lose weight?? You know Dr. A added the salad in Induction so that it added a little variety... he never ever said one had to eat it to be successful!

And as you well know, even with the added salad, A '72 is technically considered "biologically zero" carbs!
Quote:
never checked coconut milk, is it a very low carb thing? just wondering.
Yeah about 1 carb per cup and 45 kcals. IMHO, it would have been on the Acceptable Foods List for Induction if it was around back in the day...

If you decide to buy it, double check to make sure you get the unsweetened version (check nutrition facts label)!
Quote:
For me, nothing new today. simple day.
hubby at work
kiddo sleeping and all quiet

in the pool today, sunny and hot. been doing more water resistant exercises while in there and alot of lazy floating around on my raft...lol

few chores and this and that and then rest of day is relax.

been wanting to hike but weather is just too hot. high 90s means extreme heat in the woods and alot of stinking bugs that are after you so will have to wait now til more fall weather to start my hiking back up.

simple food
tuna and mayo later when wanted with a ribeye steak...yum.
that is it, getting way to hot to eat too much (which is a good thing tho!!)

off to get the day slowly rolling along. everyone have a wonderful day and enjoy!!
Sounds like you have a lovely day planned both activity-wise and food-wise! Have fun in the pool... do some laps for me b/c you know Imma green with envy!

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Jul-11-16 at 06:59. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #125   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 07:56

BF:

I will do some laps for you JO in the pool--LOL
and then I will relax for you on the float and tan a bit --HA HA

Oh no, no coconut milk for me. I was just wondering the carb count. I never liked coconut ever in my life. Just the taste, not a fan by any means.

You are so right. Whatever is on the A72 list can be eaten. As much as we need----but we do not have to eat everything on that list! I sure understand the salad material. Many can make a 'meal' with chicken and salad. Steak and salad etc.
I sure did before! But since salad just never really my thing ever, I just opted to drop it mostly.

but I know it is there for me if ever needed. A salad trumps a bag of Cheetos ya know LOL

I truly am a serious meat hound. I love meat. I can eat ALOT of it and never tire of it. I seriously am one of those who thrives on meat. It is my one serious food that I love to no end and the great thing is it is bio 0 carb and it is good for me so I can't go wrong here at all.

life is good ya know LOL
when we weed thru all the junk in 'our old dieting' ways and all....we can and do fall into that good spot. I am in a good spot after a VERY long time of trying to find it!
  #126   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 08:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
I will do some laps for you JO in the pool--LOL
and then I will relax for you on the float and tan a bit --HA HA
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Quote:
Oh no, no coconut milk for me. I was just wondering the carb count. I never liked coconut ever in my life. Just the taste, not a fan by any means.
From my experience, I don't find that any of the "nut" milks taste like the nuts from which they are created... But that could be just me!

It's like peanut oil doesn't taste like peanuts for example.
Quote:
You are so right. Whatever is on the A72 list can be eaten. As much as we need----but we do not have to eat everything on that list! I sure understand the salad material. Many can make a 'meal' with chicken and salad. Steak and salad etc.
I sure did before! But since salad just never really my thing ever, I just opted to drop it mostly.

but I know it is there for me if ever needed. A salad trumps a bag of Cheetos ya know LOL
Yeppers I understand that completely especially the salad instead of a bag of Cheetos!
Quote:
I truly am a serious meat hound. I love meat. I can eat ALOT of it and never tire of it. I seriously am one of those who thrives on meat. It is my one serious food that I love to no end and the great thing is it is bio 0 carb and it is good for me so I can't go wrong here at all.
Exactly true about meat being zero carbs. That's why one can go w/o hunger on this incredible LC WOE since you can eat zero carb foods to satiation!
Quote:
life is good ya know LOL
when we weed thru all the junk in 'our old dieting' ways and all....we can and do fall into that good spot. I am in a good spot after a VERY long time of trying to find it!
I know, I can "hear" that in your posts (being "in a good spot")! That's what keeps you successful and will get you to goal and beyond!
  #127   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 09:00

BF:

well JO we repeat ourselves alot of times in this thread.

but it is absolutely necessary

in that we must re-affirm what we know or life can slap/slam us down very fast. food addictions are just that. they are not trivial by any means. they are real and hard to handle since we must eat to survive.

we have to cook, eat out whenever, feed family, food for celebration etc..........so if we always say what it is to change and how we do it and hold ourselves here, in this spot, constantly it is a great thing!

I am always so happy to read your siggy

HI. My name is Jo and I am a recovering morbidly obese carb addict! I see THAT on a daily basis and NO joke, it helps me know that I AM one also! it keeps in mind that this is where I must be for ME and no one else!

we might not be the end all to everything on this thread, but for me it is very needed on a daily basis!
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 10:07

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Good morning warriors.

It is 8:17 in the morning and I have decided that I will begin my cross training program again for real. It will bring the muscle tone back in my legs, and give me back my upper body strength. I guess I have let pain control me for the last time.

As for Coconut Milk mine doesn't have any extra sweeteners in it. I only use a tablespoon or two so it doesn't have any negligible carbs. Now for the hotdogs. I had only one. I don't know if it had fillers or not. I didn't feel glutened after, if it did have wheat filler believe me when I say I would have been miserable, as I am a full blown celiac.

Diet Coke doesn't do anything like stop weightloss for me. So if I have to be hooked on something I guess that's not bad. I don't drink more then one anyway.

I'm not sure about the saurkraut. All I know is that it was in a glass jar. I was sure to check the label for carbs. I didn't have a cup just a scoop.

I was rather proud of my control. My DD was there and she asked me about my choices so I finally had to tell her about my prediabetes. She actually shut up after that. It's something i don't like to talk about, but controlling it with food beats taking insulin.

Thankyou for explaining zero carb, I was curious.

Blessings and Peace;
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 19:31

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Good morning warriors.

It is 8:17 in the morning and I have decided that I will begin my cross training program again for real. It will bring the muscle tone back in my legs, and give me back my upper body strength. I guess I have let pain control me for the last time.

As for Coconut Milk mine doesn't have any extra sweeteners in it. I only use a tablespoon or two so it doesn't have any negligible carbs. Now for the hotdogs. I had only one. I don't know if it had fillers or not. I didn't feel glutened after, if it did have wheat filler believe me when I say I would have been miserable, as I am a full blown celiac.

Diet Coke doesn't do anything like stop weightloss for me. So if I have to be hooked on something I guess that's not bad. I don't drink more then one anyway.

I'm not sure about the saurkraut. All I know is that it was in a glass jar. I was sure to check the label for carbs. I didn't have a cup just a scoop.

I was rather proud of my control. My DD was there and she asked me about my choices so I finally had to tell her about my prediabetes. She actually shut up after that. It's something i don't like to talk about, but controlling it with food beats taking insulin.

Thankyou for explaining zero carb, I was curious.

Blessings and Peace;

I agree that controlling diabetes with food is way better than having to take insulin. What brought me here to HC low carb eating was not only my weight, but my insulin resistance and being pre-diabetic.

You would think that doctors would be more aware of what to do about T2 diabetes, but they aren't. In 2012 when I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes I was sent to a class that was all about a low fat, low calorie diet to prevent my pre-diabetes turning into full blown diabetes. If I had kept eating the carbs they wanted me to eat I would have become diabetic. Luckily for me I researched and figured out that to lose weight and get healthy I need to eat low carb. Not just low carb but to the extreme in the way of VLC. So I feel that eating the way I do now saved me from becoming diabetic and I was able to get my weight down to within the normal range.

Low carb is life saving! Judy, I'm glad you are finding your way too. Being very carb sensitive it is so important to keep those carbs extremely low it really gave your daughter something to think about I bet when you told her about being pre-diabetic. How are your numbers now? Mine went to normal within about 6 weeks of eating biologically zero carbs on A72 induction. I was amazed, the low calorie, low fat diet didn't work. I had to cut the carbs.
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 05:06
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
well JO we repeat ourselves alot of times in this thread.

but it is absolutely necessary

in that we must re-affirm what we know or life can slap/slam us down very fast. food addictions are just that. they are not trivial by any means. they are real and hard to handle since we must eat to survive.

we have to cook, eat out whenever, feed family, food for celebration etc..........so if we always say what it is to change and how we do it and hold ourselves here, in this spot, constantly it is a great thing!
I know what you mean, Karen.

And I KNOW I'm VERY repetitive... but I justify it like this, they are like mantras. The more I say them, the more they get ingrained into my thick skull and becomes a part of my psyche.

It's like positive brainwashing, eh?
Quote:
I am always so happy to read your siggy

HI. My name is Jo and I am a recovering morbidly obese carb addict! I see THAT on a daily basis and NO joke, it helps me know that I AM one also! it keeps in mind that this is where I must be for ME and no one else!
Thanks for saying that about my siggy! But most of us here in the forum are probably carb addicts. I would venture to guess that every single one of the HC A '72 Warriors are definitely carb addicts too. Especially since we are so carb sensitive!
Quote:
we might not be the end all to everything on this thread, but for me it is very needed on a daily basis!
IMHO, repetition reinforces truisms to the MAX about our incredible LC WOE!
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 05:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Good morning warriors.
Hiya, Judy!
Quote:
That's great! Just don't overdo it! Every little bit counts!
Quote:
That's what I about the "nut" milks, they are soooo low in carbs (usually around 1 per cup) and anywhere from 30-60 kcals!

Sorry to hear that you suffer from celiac disease!

Seriously, the only reason I mentioned the hot dog is that a lot of people lurk on our thread and I just wanted to point out that it's not on the Acceptable Foods List and you already know that...
Quote:
Then I wouldn't worry about drinking the diet soda! Some people get cravings for real sugar when they use artificial sweeteners so they cut out all AS.

IMHO, A '72 Induction level carbs is restrictive enough w/o having to give up more things such as AS or caffeine, if one doesn't have to!
Quote:
Right On!
Quote:
And you should be very proud of your control! You ROCKED it! WTG!

And you're absolutely right about controlling your pre-diabetes with a proper WOE then having to take meds is always the way to go, IMHO!

I'm so glad you got your DD to understand and hopefully she won't bother you again about your LC WOE!
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 05:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I agree that controlling diabetes with food is way better than having to take insulin. What brought me here to HC low carb eating was not only my weight, but my insulin resistance and being pre-diabetic.

You would think that doctors would be more aware of what to do about T2 diabetes, but they aren't. In 2012 when I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes I was sent to a class that was all about a low fat, low calorie diet to prevent my pre-diabetes turning into full blown diabetes. If I had kept eating the carbs they wanted me to eat I would have become diabetic. Luckily for me I researched and figured out that to lose weight and get healthy I need to eat low carb. Not just low carb but to the extreme in the way of VLC. So I feel that eating the way I do now saved me from becoming diabetic and I was able to get my weight down to within the normal range.
I know you addressed this to Judy, but you know me, I can't help but add my 2 cents worth!

As you know, I just started reading "The Obesity Code" by Dr. Fung.

I've only read the "Forward" but already I have gleaned this so far:
Quote:
..."It dawned on Dr. Fung that he was practicing medicine exactly as he had been taught: by reactively treating the symptoms of complex diseases without first trying to understand or correct their root causes.

He realized that to make a difference to his patients, he would have to start by acknowledging a bitter truth: that our venerated profession is no longer interested in addressing the causes of disease. Instead, it wastes much of its time and many of its resources attempting to treat symptoms. He resolved to make a real difference to his patients (and his profession) by striving to understand the true causes that underlie disease."
So when you said in your statement above that "You would think that doctors would be more aware of what to do about T2 diabetes, but they aren't." It's b/c they are still "practicing medicine exactly as they have been taught!

I can't wait to read more of the book so that I can share some more gems!

BTW: I got it as an e-book so it makes highlighting, take notes and searching so much easier! I've also got "Why We Get Fat and What to do about it".

I figure the more we know about the ENEMY (those toxic carbs, in this case) the better able we are to FIGHT and WIN!
Quote:
Low carb is life saving! Judy, I'm glad you are finding your way too. Being very carb sensitive it is so important to keep those carbs extremely low it really gave your daughter something to think about I bet when you told her about being pre-diabetic. How are your numbers now? Mine went to normal within about 6 weeks of eating biologically zero carbs on A72 induction. I was amazed, the low calorie, low fat diet didn't work. I had to cut the carbs.
You (with your past pre-diabetic condition) and Berni (with her thyroid issues) are prime examples of how WELL this incredible LC WOE can improve HEALTH, never mind the wonderful side benefit of losing the weight!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Jul-12-16 at 06:02. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #133   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 09:29

BF:

yup I am repetitive too but THAT IS truly what it takes to knock it into my head, but heck, even then I must keep reading others saying it, living it, and again I gotta say it, cause the stupid carb monster is just one bite away

it is ok, at least we know we are not nutso saying the same stuff over and over LOL....we know it is needed!!

DE, do consider yourself 'cured' of type 2?

I got into it with someone long ago about 'controlled' and 'cured'.

I said many can cure their BS numbers. She said it was controllable. I said IF ONE DOES WHAT IS NEEDED EVERY SINGLE DAY TO CORRECT THEIR BS NUMBERS, then to me that is a cure She said it is only controlled daily and of course she is one that eats bread, comes online and says, OMGosh I got so sick cause I ate........

I know it is semantics for sure but heck, ya know, what kills me is that people do not understand WHAT THEY CAN do for themselves. They pretend what they have is OH SO HARD to deal with ----when the answer is dead in their face and they won't do it.

and yes, I understand EVERY situation for people WILL NEVER be the same....some have other med issues on top etc.....but I will always say that basic easy food related type 2 situation can be cured. Heck girl you cured you

even tho this means nothing NOW....HA HA....I kinda want your take on it cause in the old days 'when I battled' the world about LC and all....yes that no longer happens!!....I just was wondering your take on it.
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 09:55

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Karen...to answer your question. I didn't have T2 yet...just pre-diabetic numbers. I guess you could say I did something about it before I got there. yay

If I went back to eating bad carbs I believe I would become a T2 statistic. Fortunately that is not going to happen. I am a A72 lifer.

Thinking about T2 and being fat again really keeps me away from eating crap.

#135   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 10:33

BF:

thanks De

see you did not become a 'statistic' which to me means you found a cure for your problem.

yes I want to use that word here LOL

getting that pre-diabetic prognosis made you find so many more answers.

you would not go there and you didn't! that is a strong character to me for sure and one who means what they say!

love that!

and Bernie too! she has a biggie problem of thyroid which MANY say you almost can't fight point blank. but she did and she is learning more and improving constantly. She is active in her approach while many are just the 'usual sheep with whining' about what they 'think' they can't cure.

we rock on this thread ya know LOL Winners in health vs. whiners in their own health!
Closed Thread