Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-00, 19:40

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Question

two days ago son+I were eating a little blueberries + cream. I forgot he had a little sugar on his I finished his cream. The taste was revolting but was swallowed mom told me not to spray my food at the table. Since then, have had headaches and a rather agitated feeling and now I salivate for carbs. How long does this last? Been drinking lots of water as I feel more thirsty.I don't want to break diet..32lbs. lost now. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-00, 19:53
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by RPN2
. . .Since then, have had headaches and a rather agitated feeling and now I salivate for carbs. How long does this last?

Hi,

Hey, it happens. Good idea to keep up the water. Try eating smaller more frequent meals and make sure you're getting adequate quality protein at every meal. Have little snacks of devilled eggs or some tuna salad, leftover meat or chicken. Don't let yourself get hungry. It should take 48 hrs. to get back into ketosis. You'll do fine. Keep us posted!

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-00, 20:10

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Sugar ingetion

Hi there. I hope by now that your carbs have gone away and you are back on track, You did the right thing by drinking lots of water to flush it out and perhaps some exercise would help too. We all have made these mistakes from time to time. As long as you continue in control you will be fine. You are doing a great job.
NNN
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-00, 22:20

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Wink sugar ingestion

Thank you for suggestions and feeling a bit better