Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-08, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Oh gosh, Kiki - I have to do that too & I keep forgetting about it.
Hey Huskers - it's game day again tomorrow!!! The kids I sold my tickets to are really excited about going. They are college age, moved here about 4 years ago, so have never been to a NE game. So, even though I'm kinda' wishing I could go; I'm glad they are going.
Well, I got my costume for the 31st yesterday. I had ordered 2 pirate girl ones, because on one the size L was (10-12) and on the other the size L was (14-16) and I'm really a 12-14. The larger one will work okay. It's sure cheaply made for what I paid, but I was too lazy to make anything myself, so......
Is anyone else dressing up or doing anything for Halloween?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-08, 04:47
Registered Member

Plan: Nearly Zero Carb
Stats: 150/140/140 Female 65"
BF:19%
Progress: 100%

We have a family Halloween party tonight. My hubby has a cheapy black and white prisoner striped costume and I came across a costume that's supposed to be some seductress slinky police woman type get up at Gordman's yesterday! It's vinyl looking, cut really low, really short and the little police badge says something like "Search & Siege" instead of Serve & Protect. we're going to put a sign on my DH that says "Prisoner of Love". Now, my job is to turn it into something I can wear to this family Halloween party!! Ha ha. I bought some thicker navy blue tights and will wear my black boots with it. Plus, a sports bra underneath to cover up the cleavage. You're right on the sizes thing with costumes. I had to buy the larger size.

My kids have sports games at 9 and 10 and then a lunch at 11 since it's the last game. I told coach we wouldn't be staying long and of course, DH will get to skip the lunch to watch the game. Of course, we're going somewhere - Lansky's - that has not even one item on the menu I would choose to eat. Oh well, I'm used to that by now.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Gooooooooo Biiiiiiiiiiiig Reeeeeeeeeeed!
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-08, 08:15

CB, do you have pictures? Your outfits sound really cute!!

It was such a gorgeous day Saturday. I enjoyed shopping and getting the boys' Christmas presents done. They both have birthdays within a week after Christmas, so I still have that to do, but I think it will be gift cards, and I want to wait until later to get those, since they often expire in a year. I even noticed on the JCPenny receipt it says no refund (even with receipt) after 90 days. Shoot, it's 60 days until he will even get the gift. I think they aught to forgo that rule when it's a Christmas gift. - But then I think alot of thinngs................... that aren't to my liking. Don't even get me started on those stupid, horrid digital converter boxes!!!!
Do you think we (Huskers) stand a chance next week? At least this win, and good showing will make the OK game more interesting to watch.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-08, 13:40

Where is everyone????????????
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-08, 19:44
Registered Member

Default Happy Halloween!!

Here's two of our photos:

Of course, that's a wig. I actually have dark brown curly hair. We will put the costumes back on this Saturday night for another costume party!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 07:05

Oh how cute!!! Those are great costumes! Thank you for posting the pictures. Did you have fun at the party???
We will be going to Ameristar and I have no idea what to expect as I've never been to a Club for anything like this. I mean like if they have game type things going on, or what. They have a band, I know that much. I'm excited, but also a bit nervous.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 13:02

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

Anyone been watching the World Series?

Needless to say I am for the 'Rays! I LOVE Florida and my parents retired to Florida so my mother has sent me a lot of Rays clothing. I finally have a chance to wear it !
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 17:20

I'm for the Rays also, but it's not on either of my 2 channels, so I just wait and find out who won when it's over.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-08, 11:06

I was not happy that the Rays lost....!!

I guess there is always next year.
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-08, 18:34

And Sat. night was awful - sportswise.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-08, 12:17

Whoo Hoo! I LIKE the time change! My body does NOT adjust, so that means I was awake at 4:15 this morning. Now that is more like it! That means I have 15 min. to get out of bed, 1 hour for exercise, 15 min. for fixin' bacon & eggs, 15 min for devotions, before getting ready for work. My problem, of course, comes in with wanting to be in bed at 8 PM. But I truely hope I can stick with the a.m. routine. It just works so much better for me. AND after seeing the photos of how awful (like a cow) I looked in the priate costume - I have decided, I WILL do whatever it takes, whatever I have to give up eating, to lose 5 pounds during the month of November. I have to go weigh though. I HOPE I won't find that I've gone up any from what I had lost earlier. It's just a never ending battle.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 04:38
Registered Member

Well, I'll say Good Morning then Cats, cause it's 4:00 and I'm up as well. I get up every day at 4- and I don't use an alarm!! I usually leave for the gym around 4:45 (it opens at 5), but this week I am still on a bit of a rest from the gym, so I'm only going 2 days instead of 4. I love my quiet time around the house in the morning, it's my favorite part of the day. After I'm done checking my e-mail, I will probably do some scrapbooking. I am definitely ready to conk out by 9 though if I get into bed. If I don't actually get into bed I can make it to 10. I have a few little tricks to help with that. My preferred is to take a 20 minute power nap right after I get home from work - which is around 4:30. Before I removed all the carbs from my diet, that would never have worked because my brain would never calm down enough for me to rest, but now I can take just a little snooze and be good for the rest of the evening - AND still sleep at night. This is one benefit I've seen from going to ZC, I sleep so very soundly, but my body only wants to sleep about 6 - 6.5 hours... Oversleeping is making it to 7!! My other afternoon pick me up is a caffeine pill - half of one actually!! I try not to have to resort to this, but it does work if I need it to.

Good for you for setting a November goal! I see that you follow Atkins? His plan is the one that started me down this road. I was very successful on it after I had my son about 9 years ago. Over the years I would wander back onto his plan when I wanted to lose a pant size here or there. I'm so glad I learned about carbs right from the start and had the WOE in my hip pocket. I'm so glad I happened across his plan rather than Weight Watchers or some other low fat plan. We are so lucky to have learned about the awful things chronically elevated insulin does to our bodies. As we say in ZC land - the lucky ones get fat. That simply refers to the fact that people who don't gain weight as a result of carbs can't see the damage they are doing to their bodies, so they often don't discover the truth about them until they end up with something like cancer or heart disease or Alzheimers. Even then, many people don't realize that carbs (chronically elevated insulin levels) are what got them there. Hence - the lucky ones get fat because they can visually see the damage and HOPEFULLY find the low/no carb path.

I hope you'll follow Atkins induction which is the high fat/moderate protein plan. It's the best way to lose quickly and force your body to speed up the flow of fatty acids in your body and reduce fat cell stores. I never touch dry meat like chicken breasts and lean cuts. The fattier cuts are the best for your body. You need to replace the carbs with fat, not protein. Too much protein without fat can be damaging. A while back I tried to tweak Atkins to "be healthier" according to the low fat dogma and was eating lean meat and low carb veggies. I was ALWAYS thinking about food, which would send me straight into bingeville. Then, I would beat myself up about what a loser I am and how I have no "willpower". I hope none of you do this to yourselves cause it sucks.

Well, I'll quit going on now. I hope I haven't gotten on a soapbox for too long. I've noticed that you all don't talk about your WOE all that often, so maybe you prefer not to. At the other site where I interact, we always have a topic of the day - or more - for discussion that involves our eating plan - and then we all keep personal journal in which to interact about our individual lives.

Have a wonderful day all! It's been such beautiful weather here that I can't believe we're in Nebraska!!
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 07:51

Hey all..........don't forget to get out there and VOTE today!

It is a right that so many people don't exercise.

I voted early (last Thursday).
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 09:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBNebraska
A while back I tried to tweak Atkins to "be healthier" according to the low fat dogma and was eating lean meat and low carb veggies. I was ALWAYS thinking about food, which would send me straight into bingeville. Then, I would beat myself up about what a loser I am and how I have no "willpower". I hope none of you do this to yourselves cause it sucks.

Well, I'll quit going on now. I hope I haven't gotten on a soapbox for too long. I've noticed that you all don't talk about your WOE all that often, so maybe you prefer not to. At the other site where I interact, we always have a topic of the day - or more - for discussion that involves our eating plan - and then we all keep personal journal in which to interact about our individual lives.

Have a wonderful day all! It's been such beautiful weather here that I can't believe we're in Nebraska!!

Good Morning CB!!
Thank you for the encouragement and tips! ACTUALLY, the "tweaking" Atkins is what I've been doing the last few months and yep, exactly - I was always thinking about food and being hungry. I HOPE to get back to strick Atkins induction. When I did it the 1st time, that even meant no gum, no coffee or tea for me. I'm trying to do the no gum again. I chew it constantly at work. So far this a.m. I've gone without! I'm cutting my coffee back to my 2 mugs in early a.m. and changing my break time drink to a "slimming tea". I happened to have a very fatty thick cut bacon in my freezer, which is what I've been having 2 slices of with 3 eggs in the a.m. Yesterday that kept me full until about 11, at which time I gave in and had yogurt & cheese. Maybe today I'll try one of the dexi-trim max and cheese. Ooooh, although I'm thinking cheese isn't on Induction is it? I really need to go back and study the Induction guidelines again. It's been so long since I've done it to the letter.
I hope to do a bunch of cooking this weekend to freeze up some things to bring for lunch and to have ready for evenings. I SO hate to cook, and being alone, I tend to "just eat a bite" of summer sausage and cheese, oh then a little later it will be "just a bite" of nuts, etc - you get the idea - I "just a bite" all night long. I know I need to set a "meal" time and eat and decide that's it.
CB, any food and/or recipe tips you have, I'd really appreciate hearing about. I would like to know more about what you eat to stay ZC. I do think it's really the only way for me to go.
UGH! The REALLY BAD NEWS is that when I weighed yesterday, I had gained the 5 lbs I recently though I lost back. So here I am doing the yo-yo thing. On, off, on again. So new goal is: Strict Induction level for November and loose 10 pounds. (Since that will just put me where I had thought I would be with the original goal).
I'm still thinking real hard about getting one of those rebounder things. Problem is I really don't have the $100 to part with, and I have pretty much decided I would more likely use it if I got the higher priced one with the bar in front. I'd feel safer.
Ok, off to the recipe section here to see what I can find.
Thanks again CB.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 20:27

subscribing to thread & the only way I see to do it is to post something