Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 19:18
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default BBQ-Dogs

Wondering what to do with a little leftover BBQ brisket? These might be worth a try sometime. They're very portable for those that take a lunch to work, for school lunches or picnics.

BBQ-Dogs:

Last time we grilled a brisket, I also happened to need to bake some low-carb bread, as I was down to my last slice. Then when I started stirring all those ingredients up in my mixing bowl this finger-food idea just popped into my head. So I made an extra batch of bread batter. Using my protein bar silicone baking pan (but you could use a regular muffin pan), I formed the tastiest little treats! These are great finger food for parties, great snacks or even several for a grab-and-go lunch!

I have started adding 1 tsp. yeast dissolved in 1 T. warm water to my bread batter, not for rise, but for flavor. You can omit that, but it will only lower net carbs by .13 g, so why not go ahead and add it for that touch of yeast flavor? These are suitable once you get to the nuts level of Atkins Phase 2 (OWL, Ongoing Weight Loss). If you add that cheese, be sure to add in those cheese carbs. You can bake these in muffin pans if you don’t own a bar or Twinkie® pan. I stumbled on a couple of these fun pans in my local Tuesday Morning store one day, although the brand of mine, with a steel support internal rim for picking up, is I think Chicago Metallic if I remember correctly. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

INGREDIENTS:

1 recipe my gluten-free grain-free focaccia bread
12 oz. leftover chopped BBQ beef or pork
¼ c. low-carb BBQ sauce (1-2 carbs per tablespoon or less)

VARIATIONS: Add 1 tsp. shredded Cheddar cheese and/or some finely chopped green onion on top of the meat before topping with the “cover” of batter. 🙂

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Make up the bread recipe per that recipe’s instructions. If you like, you could add a little onion powder to the batter, or finely minced green onion, but be sure to add in those carbs if you do! Toss the chopped beef with the ¼ c. BBQ sauce. If not using silicone pans, grease your muffin cups generously to prevent sticking. Dip up about 2 tsp. batter into each of your pan’s 12 slots. This should take about half the batter. Using a spoon or fork, spread it evenly on the bottom of the form. Next dip 1 oz (about 1 Tbsp.) chopped beef mixture onto the batter. Gently spread the meat evenly. Finally, spoon the remaining batter on top of the meat in each slot (about 2 tsp.). Again, with the back of a spoon, spread that batter carefully and as evenly as possible. You want to completely cover the meat as best you can. There will barely be enough batter to complete the job, so it is important you measure the bottom and top batter as suggested to avoid running out before all 12 “dogs” are “constructed”. Place silicone pan on a sheet for support and pop into 350º oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned as shown. ENJOY! Below is a pic of the silicone pan I used, but these can be made in muffin shapes or Twinkie® pans as well.
When you BBQ a big piece of brisket, like we do from time to time, it seems there’s always so much leftover (there are just two of us here). I like to chop some of the leftover meat, add a little of my low-carb BBQ sauce, so there is some convenient chopped beef BBQ for sandwiches throughout the week.

Last time we grilled a brisket, I also happened to need to bake some low-carb bread, as I was down to my last. Then when I started stirring all those ingredients up in my mixing bowl this finger-food idea just popped into my head. Using my protein bar silicone baking pan (but you could use a regular muffin pan), I formed the tastiest little treats! These are great for parties, great snacks or even several for a grab-and-go lunch! They’re low in carbs, too!

I have started adding 1 tsp. yeast dissolved in 1 T. warm water to my bread batter, not for rise, but for flavor. You can omit that, but it will only lower net carbs by .13 g, so why not go ahead and add it for that touch of yeast flavor? These are suitable once you get to the nuts level of Atkins Phase 2 (OWL, Ongoing Weight Loss). If you add that cheese, be sure to add in those cheese carbs. You can bake these in muffin pans if you don’t own or want to get the specialty pan shown below. I just happen to have stumbled on a couple of these pans in my local Tuesday Morning store one day.

More delicious low-carb recipes can be at your fingertips with your very own set of Jennifer Eloff and friends’ best-selling cookbooks LOW CARBING AMONG FRIENDS. She has collaborated with famous low-carb Chef George Stella and several other talented chefs to bring you a wealth of delicious recipes you are going to want to try. Even a few of my recipes are in her cookbooks! Order your 5-volume set TODAY! (available individually) from Amazon or: http://amongfriends.us/order.php

DISCLAIMER: I do not get paid for this book promotion or for the inclusion of my recipes therein. I do so merely because they are GREAT cookbooks any low-carb cook would be proud to add to their cookbook collection.

INGREDIENTS:

1 recipe my gluten-free grain-free focaccia bread

12 oz. leftover chopped BBQ beef or pork

¼ c. low-carb BBQ sauce (1-2 carbs per tablespoon or less)

VARIATIONS: Add 1 tsp. shredded Cheddar cheese or some chopped green onion on top of the meat portion before topping with the “cover” batter. 🙂

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Make up the bread recipe per that recipe’s instructions. If you like, you could add a little onion powder to the batter, or finely minced green onion, but be sure to add in those carbs if you do! Toss the chopped beef with the ¼ c. BBQ sauce. If not using silicone pans, grease your muffin cups generously to prevent sticking. Dip up about 2 tsp. batter into each of your pan’s 12 slots. This should take about half the batter. Using a spoon or fork, spread it evenly on the bottom of the form. Next dip 1 oz (about 1 Tbsp.) chopped beef mixture onto the batter. Gently spread the meat evenly. Finally, spoon the remaining batter on top of the meat in each slot (about 2 tsp.). Again, with the back of a spoon, spread that batter carefully and as evenly as possible. You want to completely cover the meat as best you can. There will barely be enough batter to complete the job, so it is important you measure the bottom and top batter as suggested to avoid running out before all 12 “dogs” are “constructed”. Place silicone pan on a sheet for support and pop into 350º oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned as shown. ENJOY! Below is a pic of the silicone pan I used, but these can be made in muffin shapes just as well.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 12 “dogs”, each contains:

193 calories,
13.3 g fat
2.71 g carbs, 1.05 g fiber, 1.66 g NET CARBS
15.7 g protein
145 mg sodium

Last edited by Buttoni : Sun, Aug-05-18 at 19:54.
Sponsored Links