Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 19:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default I hate to admit this.......

I have been struggling with yoyo-ing since September but feel very determined to lose this weight.

My Mom has been sugar free and bread free for 30 days now, and I feel so jealous!!! I hate the fact that I feel jealous of my own Mom's ability to be abstinent.

Is that horrible or what???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 19:55

Plan: atkins '72 -now ketogenic
Stats: 260/181.4/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 65%

When I was deployed, the saying went, about the time passing, that the 'days pass slowly, but the weeks pass quickly'. I think it meant that the time you are inhabiting feels more significant, but as you look BACK, the time that has passed seems less significant. That helped me as I have been following this WOL. Remember; the time is going to pass ANYWAY. You can pass that time getting thinner, or you can pass it staying the same, but the time WILL pass.

Whatever happens, JUST KEEP TRYING. I'm trying to quit smoking, and I'm yoyoing HARDCORE, so I totally sympathize with you. You try yours, I'll try mine, we'll see if we can't make some progress here.

Don't look at the stops and starts as total wastes, we can always learn from those experiences.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 05:23

Plan: My Own
Stats: 293/293/180 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2Bskny
I hate the fact that I feel jealous of my own Mom's ability to be abstinent.

Is that horrible or what???

So terribly normal. Not horrible at all! I am jealous of my husband's zen approach to everything. I am a worry-wort. He would see me stewing about something and he would ask me "Is there anything you can do to make this "----" (fill in problem) better? No? Then don't worry about it!" I learned from him that his "zen-ness" came from a way of thinking. Your mother is not superhuman, she has a thought process that is helping her. Ask! Ask what she is thinking when she smells bread or sees something sugary to redirect herself and her thoughts. It might work for you as well. I will tell you, without a doubt, she has been tempted. She has learned a thought pattern to deal with this. Feel happy for your mom, then learn all you can from her! She most likely was dying to give advice, but was afraid you'd take it wrong. My husband is my zen master now. It doesn't embarrass me at all. Some people just happen to be naturals at learning good reasoning tactics for dealing with problems. Most people love to share them to a receptive audience. Hey, if you get around to grilling your mom, you can always share what you learn...
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 19:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks so much all -- I'm trying hard to be happy for her and not to be jealous. I will get there too I hope......