Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 19:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162.5/159.5/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default carb counting conundrum

Dear Karen

Pls help with some advise for someone on day 2 of the induction phase. How do you accurately calculate the carb content of a green salad when you have so many bits and pieces of vegetables as well as some feta cheese thrown into the mix?

Secondly, where can one source some nitrate free bacon?

Eileen in North Van

P.S. the last Low carb dinner at the FH was great (Japanese), but really, all that Sake????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 19:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

hi,
i dont know about the nitrate free bacon, i would just check out all the labels at the gro. store. you probabley already have.

i love salad and when i have a big salad like tonight i just counted 15 carbs. i did not have any carbs all day except the cheese and then the salad so i just figured 20carbs for the day. im sure the salad was not that much but it is hard to figure all the little pieces like you said.

it is not a good idea to not have but 3 or 4 carbs all day like i did but some days i just want to eat certain things and i stay on the go a good bit, so some days my menu is pretty skimpy. that may be why im not loosing very fast.

i hope this helps and i would just figure in your salads the best you can if you cant measure it out everytime. you can go to the carb counter to the right of the screen to get the count if you make your own. when i make my own i do not put in any hi carbs unless i have not had many for the day. i love beets and oions in my salad and tonight i was able to have some.

have a good night and happy low carb dreams.