Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 17:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/192/160 Female 5feet 4inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Warrior Diet????

[/B]The Warrior Diet....I was just curious how many people on this forum have heard of or are doing this diet? If yes, what do you think, what kind of progress have you made? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 21:54
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%

#3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 22:00

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I inadvertently did the warrior diet when I was in high school (never ate lunch, stuffed myself when I got home, then was busy til bedtime) and I was super skinny even though all I ate was junk. As soon as I stopped that eating pattern, towards the end of my senior year and into my first year of college, I started gaining weight. So I am betting that there is something to it.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 16:58

BF:

Thanks!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 23:56
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Doing it for 3 years now, like it very much.

1st Result is when I hold my belly I look quite how I would like to, but my protruding belly, internal fat, is still subject of attention. There is no fat anymore on legs, arms, chest or shoulders.

2nd Result is I found a fantastic way of eating/living in my own simplified (LC) form of the WD.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 00:00
Registered Member

pm What I am disappointed in is the low durability of the WD on most people on these forums, it's a real pity. You really get in the WD an unbelievable combination of enjoying great amounts of good food and a very athletic body...
Maybe it's the fact that people can't see what they don't know to exist. If one does not believe it is possible, one really can't see it happening.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-06, 15:04

BF:

Thank you for giving me that link. I browsed thru it. I will go thru it in more detail a little later on when I am not at work. I have been doing Atkins and recently having such a hard time sticking to plan. I was getting bored and missed fruit (among other things) Thanks for posting.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 08:03
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I still do the Warrior Diet because that is how I like to eat. I don't eat breakfast, never have...just coffee and raw milk. Lunch is at most a tossed salad with organic vinegar and olive oil with perhaps a V8 juice. Dinner always starts with a salad, followed by steamed organic vegetables, and then a steak or roast. For dessert, my favorite is organic maple yogurt with chopped walnuts and blackberries. The only sweetner I use is stevia.

I cannot attest to weight loss aspects yet, because I am hypothyroid, and just got my medication adjusted a few weeks ago, but I've lost eight pounds in three weeks.

I don't think of this as a diet, this is the way I eat...and this is what makes me comfortable.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 22:54
Registered Member

bump for lolla...
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-13-06, 03:22

Plan: Maybe WD
Stats: 210/210/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Watcher 16

Hey, my name is Vonnie. I've just read the complete thread (the long one) on the Warrior Diet. I have quite a bit to lose. I am starting at about 210 and want to get down to about 125. Do you think this diet will help. My father says my biggest problem is lack of exercise so I want to really focus on this. Are there other forums that I can read that really show results?

Thank you for any comments you might have.

Vonnie
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 05:42
Registered Member

Hi Vonnie,

Here are some reviews of the WD on women sites, maybe they have followers on their forums:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art11297.asp

http://diet.ivillage.com/plans/plow...,q50k-p,00.html

If you find any give a link.

From the mostly male www.dragondoor.com site you find a low of followers, but I think women have their own, more nuanced style of dieting, and that forum could be a bit rude to some. The above reviews are really positive, it's a pity not many people more follow the WD.

Good luck!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-17-06, 02:53

Plan: Maybe WD
Stats: 210/210/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you so much, watcher16. The bellaonline was very helpful.

Vonnie
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 09:02

Plan: n/a
Stats: 155/145/112 Female 5ft 3ins
BF:
Progress:

I don't know the scientific fact of how it works, but the Warrior Diet does! I've been on other diets/fads for a long time but had problems sticking to them.
I've been on the Warrior diet for 5 days and lost six pounds! The first couple of days I felt weird and headachy, and now I feel fab and am not hungry at all during the day.
I start the day with a multivitamin washed down with a glass of soluble vitamin C. I don't eat anything all day and then have a massive meal at 6pm of whatever I like, burgers, cheesecake etc. without feeling guilty at all! (I do try and incorporate some veg and fruit as well). It doesn't seem to matter if I don't eat during the day 'cos you know that in a few hours time you can have what you like. On no other diet have I seen such weight loss or felt so good. The only thing I will say is that after the 6pm meal, you feel VERY sleepy!

Go for it, if it works for you it's great.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 16:30
Registered Member

Stats: 312/275/164 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hmmm. I'm starting back on Atkins on monday, I'm thinking maybe I'll combine that plan and this one. Like an above poster, I also followed this plan in High School (Only I called it the No, Ma, I don't want breakfast and lunch is for DORKS plan) and I was never fat, and never really gave a thought to what went into my mouth, even though it was usually fatty, carby, and followed by ice cream and cookies.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 13:30

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

bump.

I'm starting this today :-)