Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-18, 08:26

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi..it’s me again!!

Happy dance Monday

I hope you all are doing well

It’s gym day for me so I will heading there soon.

Have a great day everybody.
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-18, 13:22

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi 👋 De
Have fun at Gym !

Grandkiddies are back so it was fun seeing them!

Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #288   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-18, 07:35

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Doing the happy dance

I’m a bit shocked to say the least. I just got the best blood test results from my doctor than I’ve ever had in my adult life. I don’t know why, but I’ll take it.

I really can’t figure it out, but I have no H’s next to any of my numbers. That means nothing is high like it usually is. I’m happy but weirded out! I even said “Are you sure those are my numbers?”. The doctor said yes as he went over the results with me. I think my eyes were popping out. I might have said wow a few times.

The biggest change for me is increased exercise. Could that be the difference? I haven’t lost any weight due to the exercise, but I feel better.

I'm so glad you posted this! My cardiologist has been bugging me to increase my exercise. I know it helps, but hearing it from a peer rather from the doctor makes me realize how much it really does for the numbers!

Congratulations on a job well done!
  #289   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-18, 08:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCarolSue
I'm so glad you posted this! My cardiologist has been bugging me to increase my exercise. I know it helps, but hearing it from a peer rather from the doctor makes me realize how much it really does for the numbers!

Congratulations on a job well done!

Thanks Carol.

It really is sinking in that my increased exercise is what made the difference. My diet was the same & my weight the same. The only change was going to the gym 3 times a week & doing the resistance/ weight machines for 90 minutes. That’s got to be it. The weight training. Not just walks or elliptical like I had been doing. Gotta really work those muscles too. I will be interested to see what my next blood work in 6 months will be as I continue this exercise routine.

I did my thing at the gym yesterday and I’ll go tomorrow. Today I have the grand kids all day, tonight I will either walk or do the elliptical.
  #290   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-18, 12:40

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Happy news, Delaney!

Have a great day, Everyone!
  #291   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-18, 14:18

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Me again...

Just updating that calorie counting still isn't going to work for me. Never has. You all are admirably disciplined and self-controlled but not me. I get triggered to overeat with a calorie restriction focus so my moderation needs to be different I guess. Back to satiety but no cheese . Let that scale number fall where it may.
  #292   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-18, 22:27

BF:

Amy, don’t worry. Calorie counting doesn’t work for everyone. I keep track to see how much I’m eating, mainly cause I don’t have a stop meter!
  #293   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-18, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/245/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer!
The past 10 days have been a rollercoaster of emotions.
I'm trying to go back to school to finish my bachelor's degree in public health and go on to PA school. I thought I had it lined out that I could move my 5th wheel on to my dad's property (for free) but learned that won't work now because his septic system is too taxed as it is. To make matters worse, I won't be able to receive federal loans to help pay for my expenses because my trade school put me over the limit. So, what originally was a plan to not work and take 16-18 credits per quarter has now changed to not going to school for a year, working to save as much money as I can, and trying to find a place to live. If I can save enough money, I'll try to go back to school next year.
Ugh, I'm stressed.
To make matters worse, work life has been terrible so I'm walking on eggshells shells. I finally learned I will be moved from my verbally abusive provider to something else but I won't know exactly what until Tuesday. This could be terrible news since one of the options is working 3 days a week until 7pm--I have a kid at home on summer break. I'm already feeling guilty spending most of the day away from her now.
So, food confessions of a fat girl: I've not been A'72 at all. I've actually eaten anything I can get my hands on. I feel like crap, I look like crap, and I'm sure my attitude is crap.
I plan on starting today! I'm off for he next 4 days, and I'm going to get some things in order. I'm going to start A'72 today. No matter what happens next week, I know I won't be with my abusive provider anymore. There IS light at the end of the tunnel!!
I know everything will work out, I'm just down because it all hit me this week. I have a good support system for when it does all work out, so there's that!
If you pray, please pray for me and my daughter. I need a (cheap) place to put my 5th wheel, I need a good paying job, and I need Lily to get into a good school. If all of these things work out, I know I could go back to school next year and move forward with life!! Right now I'm feeling stuck in a rut.
Thanks for letting me unload, sometimes it's better to see it all in words to know where the holes are.
  #294   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 18:41

BF:

Hello All...

We went on a long road trip for about 25 hours in two days. We are exhausted and trying to recover. We went to get my brother to stay with us for awhile. Now I have two men to cook for, which isn’t going to be easy!

I went to the gym today. It felt good to work out.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I’ve been dealing with a lot of stress, but still staying on plan. There are no excuses to go off. I keep plugging away!

#295   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 21:17

BF:

Lilsmommy,

Sounds like you are going through a lot. Not having a home or a place for your home has to be so stressful. I think staying on plan during the stressful times will actually make you feel better.

I hope you were able to get things figured out. I’m rooting for you!
  #296   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 13:24

BF:

De... thinking about you during this stressful time! So
Proud of you for staying on plan no matter what!

Remember to take care of yourself!
  #297   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 12:03

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone!

Wow, it has been 2 weeks since I last logged on here! No excuse other than being busy and quite preoccupied. I lost my old trusted bimonthly mailer job because the owner decided to quit the business! So I have been online marketing myself A LOT these past few days! And my other clients are giving me more business, so my days are filled.

But I make time to see my Aunt and do a lot of sunning and gardening. And that is my excuse for not chatting with you guys!

In this time I have managed to drop another 1.2 lbs, so now I am 13.6 lbs to goal! I am getting close to the dreaded "takes forever to lose the last 10 lbs" mark. I have been doing well with my eating style. But I find I have been craving watermelon lately! And I have eaten it a couple times this last week! I don't know why, but I seem to be drawn to it like a pregnant woman is to pickles and ice cream!!!!

I hope this craving goes away soon because I do NOT want to get into the habit of eating carbs!!!!! So today I am sticking to protein and coffee. I have a bunch of Turkey Meatballs in the freezer that will fit this bill.

OHAMY - I am not perfectly disciplined. I do cheat. I admit it. But I try to stay VLC for the most part. I believe a diet must be sustainable, and if you restrict yourself unreasonably, you are doomed to fail. It has been over 4 1/2 years since I started my weight loss journey, and I know it will last the rest of my life. So I don't beat myself up about it when I have occasional fruit, or go off the diet for a while when it is not feasible. I just get back on the wagon asap. By the way, cutting calories on purpose is good a few times a week, but not every day. My calories are about 900-1200 daily. I can go a lot higher if I incorporate more fat in my diet, but I don't need it. My ketosis is stable on a lower fat diet.

Just to let everyone know, I do not exercise. I am incapable of walking far because of back and hip problems. The most I do is stretches in my pool or in bed at night. Vertigo limits my positions, too. But I am still losing weight. I am sure it would go quicker with increased activity, but we have to be reasonable. My health may improve with exercise, but I am not pushing the pain limits for it. At least I am still mobile and I can enjoy the outdoors! I am grateful for that, even if I am unable to go for walks.

LILSMOMMY - I understand your struggles. Just stick with us and keep yourself in mind, too. You are important and deserve to be happy and proud of yourself. Have you ever realized how much better the day is when you step on the scale and see it is lower? Losing weight is a GREAT motivator and mood elevator! So think of this fact each time you want to cheat at night. I am thinking of you and rooting for you!
GO LILSMOMMY GO!!!

I keep a motivators on my refrigerator. I see them every time I want to eat.

And by the way, Here is a pic of my new dress! Purchased from China and has a tag size XL (which would be a L in the US). It fits perfectly! And I LOVE the color!!!!!

And here is a photo of me back in 2014 at 332 lbs wearing a 4X! I have come a long way. And I owe a lot of my success to this group. Seriously. Thank you all for your continued motivation!

#298   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 12:46

BF:

AWESOME PAULETTE! Congrats on the 1.2 lbs
The dress is beautiful and looks GREAT on you soooo close to goal must feel good
  #299   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 08:48

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone! Happy Sunday!

Thank you D! I am very proud of myself for what I have accomplished.

It has been cold and rainy here for the past few days and I am looking forward to sunshine and warmth again. It's only 65˚ here now, but should get back into the 80's by tomorrow. I miss my pool.

Other than that, things are a little less stressful. Thank God. I weighed in and I am down another .8 lbs I am quite happy to see these little lowerings on the scale. As long as it keeps up the slow and downward trend, I am happy.

I remember a couple years ago when I was still quite heavy. I lost weight at a great rate for quite a while, then hit a plateau that lasted about 8 months. I became quite angry and depressed because of it. I tried mixing up the diet to boost my metabolism. It helped! And I was able to lose about another 10 lbs, although it was at a rate of about a lb a week.

After this, I have learned that quick weight loss is only feasible when you have a LOT of weight to lose. Expecting a loss of 2 or more lbs a week is still an amazing feat. Now, I realistically have a goal of about 3 lbs a month. I would be very happy with that. But if it takes longer to reach my final goal, I do not really care. Because I prefer to maintain what I have lost now. I truly feel good at my current weight and accept it.

Today we will be putting a chicken in the smoker. I love smoked chicken and never get sick of it. I did not eat watermelon again, and I am glad THAT weird craving is over!!!!!

Time to get back to my coffee. You all have a great day!
  #300   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 12:31

BF:

Hello all,

Congrats Paulette on your incredible losses!
Great post today!
Cold and rainy here in Illinois also!
Have a spectacular Sunday and take care of yourself!